Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,046,232 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Jet Black
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nice day
FJ43
McInnis 03 said:

Going to add a 387/389/391p SPY hedge for tomorrow at $.19 just in case we decide to go opposite tomorrow.
I added a few 3/12 SPY 395 puts just in case.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

I bleed maroon
AG
leoj said:

Don't look now, wonder if infrastructure buzz is up next with stimulus done.

This is why I love an options strategy known as the STRANGLE.

Back in early November, I bought 4/16 $4.50 Calls and 4/16 $4.00 Puts. It had been range-bound, and I was betting on a breakout in either direction, with plenty of time for it to happen (5 months). The Puts, of course, are down, 83%, but the calls are up 526%. With roughly equal money in the two sets, it makes for quite a nice trade.

I think I'll probably exercise half the calls, as an infrastructure play (which was my initial thinking). The other infrastructure trade I'm currently watching is PAVE. Any thoughts on either?
Brewmaster
AG
McInnis 03 said:

100K contracts have crossed on TSLA 700c for tomorrow.
good! still diamond handing the piss out of an April 800C. (bought it during the blood Monday) .
Brewmaster
AG
FJ43 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Going to add a 387/389/391p SPY hedge for tomorrow at $.19 just in case we decide to go opposite tomorrow.
still in the 392's or are those toast? I'm holding mine as a hedge if nothing else.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$CX. I did not accrue enough shares.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
FJ43
BREwmaster said:

FJ43 said:

McInnis 03 said:

still in the 392's or are those toast? I'm holding mine as a hedge if nothing else.
I traded SPY up and down on both calls & puts today and exited those 392s. I ended up adding the 395s AH after seeing the close and action. Just insurance in case we drop initially tomorrow.

Haven't looked at the overall chart yet but touching ATHs and working within a small range if I was a betting man we have a longer candle sideways day tomorrow but possibly close green. Volume was lower today than the past 6 days.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

trip98 said:

I only wanted to invest cash for 2 of the 3 recent plays by OA1....I went with jblu and nio...not fb

Happy for you all but
Your handle is "Trip" , of course you went with planes and cars.

Which NIO trade. We had 2 and one paid already.

JBLU are April 16 $21 calls. Still major in play.
fightintxag13
AG
I went all in on the market last week disposing the rest of my cash. Had my first 5 figure day on Tuesday. Today was my second! Sold the last of the CC's I was willing to sell today and entered 3/22 SPY $390 puts at today's high as hedges.

I've said it before, but I'll never stop being thankful for this thread and all those that contribute to it!
H-town ag
AG
NVAX running on good news!
ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

Prognightmare said:

trip98 said:

I only wanted to invest cash for 2 of the 3 recent plays by OA1....I went with jblu and nio...not fb

Happy for you all but

That wasn't criticism OA.

You know me by now, I'm a smartass. His TA name is "Trip98", you generally take a "trip" via cars or planes, that's why I said he chose NIO and JBLU.

I guess I missed the joke delivery because it's not a joke if you have to explain it.
oldarmy1
AG
No, I was inquiring and responding to him. Traveling and just replied to the last reference when I saw it.
McInnis 03
AG
H-town ag said:

NVAX running on good news!

Their vaccine is actually very bad ass.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

No, I was inquiring and responding to him. Traveling and just replied to the last reference when I saw it.
Understood, I didn't want you to think I was calling you out.
BrokeAssAggie
oldarmy1 said:

Great call on FB!! Now it's GM turn.
DallasAg2
AG
Does anyone follow OptionsHawk? Adding some MRK. He also mentioned CX, NVAX.
I think NVAX was my biggest winner ever when it hit 300.

Ornithopter
AG

MaroonDynasty
Thinking about a swing trade on RXT @ 20.93, could run to $25 maybe test ATH around 25.75 (maybe even break it, then watch out). Stop loss would be set at 20.

At least 4:1 reward risk ratio, potentially more.

cageybee77
AG
Got 650 shares of MRK today - hope it elevates.
Brewmaster
AG
Ragoo said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Did anyone get in on this $CAN run? my goodness.. guess we missed that one for blockchain plays
watching SOS
having a hard time not adding more SOS here. It is one of the last few bitcoin names trading at a discount. I think EBON is e-gone soon too, yep up more after hours.
AgEng06
AG
I've got EBON $10 CCs for next week I'll let them have.
FJ43

Well here ya go...

SPY

Gapped up and stayed up.
Set new ATH.
Short range day and lower volume than past 6 but still above average.
Clearly above 8 & 21 EMA (maybe even a bit much)
+1 ATR
Pinged the upper Bollinger and bounced.
Middle of long term channel again.

QQQ

Captured the 8, 21 & 50 Day EMAs
Nice recovery from the recent pressure
Right at the ATR now.
Back in at bottom of long term channel.

Overall good day for both.

Where do they go tomorrow is the question. Sideways wider range day for SPY? Continuation for Qs?

FJ43
leoj said:

Don't look now, wonder if infrastructure buzz is up next with stimulus done.

Two things for sure. There will be more spending and higher taxes.

irish pete ag06
AG
SpeedyAg90 said:

BTC broke through resistance, at new ATH !!!
EBON
NXTD
MARA

For the love of doge, EBON and DPW too
YNWA_AG
AG
Not a big fan of the gas prices either
MaroonDynasty
Looking at CLDR starter soon, guidance was weaker then expected (and they just got clapped) just like with RXT; but these companies figure it is better to have weaker guidance than to have guidance inline with expectations and miss.

MaroonDynasty
YNWA_AG said:

Not a big fan of the gas prices either

OPEC will probably keep production the same, plus higher demand due to reopening....gas up another $1 by Memorial Day weekend. The stimmy will evaporate quickly.

FJ43

Some possibilities to look at. Haven't done charts yet just quick looks.

HIMS - Could play this back top MT at least. Has options chain.

SOL - (8/21/50 all wadding up here and with a reversal - 8&21 may cross back over the 50 tomorrow or next day)

RUN - Nice reversal here and captured the 21 EMA today on nice volume trend past 3 days. April 70s could be the play.

Mostly Foggy Recollection
Yep.

I can't, for the life of me, understand the people who are excited about the passing of this bill. I don't care what your political leanings are, this is another wasteful bill that will absolutely torch your buying power at a later date.

The short term focused emotion over logic crowd continues to grow day by day. Economic ILLITERACY is in charge now.
trip98
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Prognightmare said:

trip98 said:

Happy for you all but

3/26 nio $44...so it's looking damn nice! Haven't cashed it yet as good bit of time. More than offsetting jblu and like u said there's time on jblu as well. But those still aren't up to how strong that FB play was

And I'm not complaining by any means. I'm still building capital so can't make all the plays.....yet! Have to pick and choose while I'm being patient working towards net free positions with eng, wwr, mbio, llnw, sndl, ibio, xl, and ASO
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Bought more aapl weeklies this afternoon, if tomorrow's not the day I'll buy next week's. Grudge trading at this point
ProgN
We've had a good week thus far, but be mindful of the 10 yr treasury. We're now in tricky territory and I don't want anyone here becoming astronauts. I suggest avoiding margin and take your profits if/when they hit your target. I wouldn't let greed make me a bag holder or riding an option to zero. I wouldn't short this market but I also don't believe a massive bull run is imminent with the 10 Yr yield at these levels. Just make your money and GTFO. JMO
Mostly Foggy Recollection
I love grudge trading, especially on weeklies.

I take mine out on SPY weeklies recently. Focus on the zones and swing/scalping depending on setup.

If you're disciplined, one can make a few grand a day scalping SPY. I've been in the 3-5k range per day, but I fat fingered what was supposed to be a 10K buy while on the phone yesterday and didn't pay attention to the submittal. It ended up working out quite nicely.

FJ43 started giving it a try this week, and I'm pretty sure he's doing about the same results after the first couple of days.
oldarmy1
AG
VEON looks ready to break out. Check those tight bands after a long period of what looked like tight bands. Well now they are really pressing on each other.
ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

VEON looks ready to break out. Check those tight bands after a long period of what looked like tight bands. Well now they are really pressing on each other.
Agreed
First Page Last Page
Page 3481 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.