Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,046,173 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
HalifaxAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Class of '97, been focusing on paying off debts up until 2 years ago, so although I've had my TDA account for 13 years, I never really did anything with it. Made some money but lost it all. Since OA's seminar though, I'm finally up and have some tools now to keep going up. Learning patience at 45 yrs is harder than one might think, but a couple of recent lessons have me thinking straight now.
irish pete ag06
AG
Class of 2006. I chose to make the big bucks as a teacher and football coach. That obvious sarcasm is what has pushed me into this. I sometimes grapple with my decision to do this profession because of all the career earnings I am going to miss out on if I had basically chosen just about any other profession. I love coaching football though. It's like damn crack. I crawl through a lot of bull crap just to be able to be under the Friday night lights again and again.

Since 2016 I have become pseudo obsessed with investing... started with rental properties and now I'm into this. The way I see it. I can have a happy retirement one day (for me, probably not for most of you on this thread). Why not attempt to make it more then happy. Any income I make here also makes me feel better about my career choice.

I have only been actively trading and checking this thread since late November. I've had IRA investments for 13 years, but I would buy and just hold those stocks forever. Some I sold this past December I had owned since 2008 lol

I'm super thankful for the wealth of knowledge here, I have much to continue to learn... I made some pseudo yolo plays on DPW last Friday, and... ouch these last few days.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
Life's too short to not do things you love. You can always have side hustles.

I love the game of Football. Here's to your passion!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I'm glad to be part of y'all's team.
wanderer
Wow. Convenient timing with GME and others surging.

Reason #472 for people to ditch RH.
JR2007
AG
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

As OA said, any blockchain stock with competent leadership is going to enter a "golden era" soon if it hasn't already started.

Assuming these are longer term holds to see these expected gains, would these be well served in a retirement account? Considering selling some indexes at all time highs to take advantage of these during the current drop.
Ag In Ok
AG
Can someone post or pm a snapshot of the excel file? I opened it and considered jumping in but since then i can't find it.
wjbrown88
wanderer said:

Wow. Convenient timing with GME and others surging.

Reason #472 for people to ditch RH.

Fake account
irish pete ag06
AG
Quick question. When some of yal post "volume" about a stock. Does it show up on some type of scanner you have set up or are you just looking at the chart?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Quick question. When some of yal post "volume" about a stock. Does it show up on some type of scanner you have set up or are you just looking at the chart?
alerts
Brewmaster
AG

when whales here and Zack are big on DPW! I'm long a bunch!

originally came to post LOTZ - highest short interest of any stock. They're a car re-seller (CarLotz) and currently selling cars hand over fist. Already up a bunch after hours, on watch for tomorrow.
FJ43
$30,000 Millionaire said:

You're a key part of it I might add brother. Wisdom shared everyday.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
Class of 2020 (Masters degree), 3 weeks of investing, 10 years in engineering previous.

I am addicted to trading and cannot get enough.

ETA: middle age
Esteban du Plantier
AG

I wonder what the average class year/age is here... and years of experience.

Anyone care to share that?

I'm class of 2004. Investing experience of 19 years. True trading experience of 13 years, although the years between my wife popping out babies were much lighter in terms of quantity of trades.

Class of 08, then spent some years in grad school. My first trading was yoloing some student loan money, made enough to buy my eventual wife a nice engagement ring, then hadn't done any active trading until last summer.
AgPrognosticator
AG
Does anyone have any insight on Walmart's pullback?

I'd be interested to know what folks think about market information and technical indicators.

I'm thinking about gauging an entry based on the timing of stimulus and the easing of covid restrictions.
jimmo
Class of '84 - Tarleton
hard core Aggie fan tho, for ~ 60 years
dabbled in trading off and on for many years.. (never blew an account - never consistent growth either)
401ks have prospered, if that counts
But really encouraged after finding OA's thread and all of the excellent participants here.

DisAg
ClutchCityAg said:

Need to fix this, girl on right got implants recently
McInnis 03
AG

If OA is the coach, you're the QB bro.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
irish pete ag06
AG

irish pete ag06 said:

alerts

On what app or platform?
Colt98
AG
Class 98. Started out of college a little learning just enough basics to get me to quit trading and give money to broker for 20 years and built business and real estate portfolio. Began getting landlord fatigue a 1.5 yrs ago, and with one kid out of the house and one almost off to college I decided to get back into it when I started reading this forum. Hired a manager and sold a small complex and put half the profits in a TD acct I hadn't looked at in 15+ years. Unfortunately lost most(all actually, but that's what I tell my wife) of that being to heavy in options on trades not from this forum and not setting stops. Long story short, reloaded the acct in March and have made it all back plus a little until last week. I feel like I am moving in the right direction. Love this place.
McInnis 03
AG
Class of '03, casually traded 07-09 but not much.

Dove in extremely hard Dec 19, been trying to learn every day since.

Remember that next time you think I have a good idea. I'm green behind the ears.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
cjo03
AG

I didn't actively come on this thread until late last year, so I don't recall that.

Just bumped it
Ragoo
AG
Ukraine Gas Expert said:

Class of 2020 (Masters degree), 3 weeks of investing, 10 years in engineering previous.

I am addicted to trading and cannot get enough.

ETA: middle age
CHEN?
HelloUncleNateFitch

I didn't actively come on this thread until late last year, so I don't recall that.

Either this was a joke, or username really checks out.
Vade281
AG
Class of 2008 with very limited individual stock buying experience but heavily invested in sp500 via 401k and roth. Love the family mentality here in the thread
Engine10
AG
Class of '10 here - 2.5 yrs actively investing but only started w options last summer. Caught a runner early in that option experience in holding Amazon calls over a weekend to add 45% to account, then doubled down in following weeks and lost it all and then some. Got greedy.

Took a month to paper trade and get back to entry/exit fundamentals, position sizing, and drill on risk management.

Made it all back and plenty more, thanks to the ideas on this thread and reinforcement of strategy. Keeping losers consistent and letting winners run. Feeling confidence growing in knowing when to exit as a trade is moving away, and not worrying about missing upside to lock in gains.

Forever thankful to this thread. I don't trade AMZN to this day.
bmoochie
AG
Class of 2012!

Been investing on and off for about 5 years and lost a lot in the beginning. Once Covid hit in March I became a lot more invested (pun intended) and put more money in to buy the dips and some dumb luck which paid off and increased my account almost 600%. Watching this board the last 2-3 months has really intrigued me into learning a lot more and taking it to the next level

Excited for OA's session this weekend and appreciate all of the insight this board provides. Super cool to see.
maroonhammer8
AG
Class of 2018 here! First post on this board but I've been following for a while. Started investing in 2016 but started actively trading in 2020. Trading profits from this board just paid for my down payment on my house. Thank you MGNI,ROKU and everyone contributing to this thread.
khaos288
AG
maroonhammer8 said:

Class of 2018 here! First post on this board but I've been following for a while. Started investing in 2016 but started actively trading in 2020. Trading profits from this board just paid for my down payment on my house. Thank you MGNI,ROKU and everyone contributing to this thread.

Lucky guy. Investing in school
ag94whoop
AG
Class of 94, serial entrepreneur. Win some and lose some.
Last endeavor nearly killed me with stress and losses so I started consulting in 2012. Never got rich but made enough to get debt free and have lived a great family-man lifestyle most of the last decade....although revenues are wayyyy down the last 2 years.

Created a trading account with some money to try out trading for an income....
First trade was Jan 14 this year. Best individual day so far is about a $6k gain. Although portfolio is ugly red on paper now, it will do well as long as I have patience to hold and recognize the right time to sell the key positions.
mazag08
AG
BREwmaster said:

when whales here and Zack are big on DPW! I'm long a bunch!

originally came to post LOTZ - highest short interest of any stock. They're a car re-seller (CarLotz) and currently selling cars hand over fist. Already up a bunch after hours, on watch for tomorrow.

I've been watching LOTZ for a couple weeks. Classic case of a really really good setup for a successful company. But can they continue to execute and grow. It's still a wait and see for me.
KIA
Class of 2003 and a lurker since I've been banned so many times (Fran years). Started frequenting the B&I board last year during Covid. Just wanted to invest money to make more than the .0001% that it was making in a savings account. I'm up >100% since April 2020 thanks to this board (looking at you OA).

That being said, I bought some GME this afternoon. That will either be really good or really bad in the morning. And totally against my rules of sticking with what this board says to do!
JAggie2007
AG
Class of 2007. Had money in my IRA from a 401k rollover that just sat there for 4 years doing nothing until I finally started to do something with it and get in a bunch of index funds in February last year...right before the crash. Found this thread right around that time and have thankfully been able to build up my account considerably that even if I just converted it all into index funds and sat on it until 59 1/2 it would be way more than enough.

Going to be using some of that knowledge in the personal brokerage account to grow this one to have some additional income.
cptthunder
I feel like a true young pup her being class of 2012
Been dumping money into 401k and index funds since graduation and paying student loans off and just started actively trading in August of 2020 and learning options
Thanks to this board I've learned a ton of knowledge to hopefully pay for my now three kids(4,2&4months) Haven't blown anything up thanks to this board and hope I can continue to learn and actually contribute more in the future
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
You are way too kind. Don't sell yourself short!!
First Page Last Page
Page 3334 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.