Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,043,549 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 37 sec ago by Heineken-Ashi
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Silver and gold are grinding up. If you play with options, recommend long dated and ITM.
Chrundle the Great
AG
Class of '18

Coincidentally also the amount of money in my account
Glitch
AG
Been lurking a couple of years. My best play has been 5k net free shares on fubo, thanks to prognightmare and OA's teachings.
MaroonDynasty
EXPR was up 40% too, holy **** this is round 2.
ag94whoop
AG
Oops
AgDad77
AG
Class of '77
Retired Teacher/Coach
Run my own stocker cattle operation
Never traded before finding this thread and with major help from Colt98 my account has grown 90K since last March/April.
Thank you everyone that contributes here!!!
Aggie09Derek
AG
Glitch said:

Been lurking a couple of years. My best play has been 5k net free shares on fubo, thanks to prognightmare and OA's teachings.

Damn, $200k in a stock like FUBO that is that volatile is impressive.
FJ43
Morning gents!

Slightly down from close on ES but NQ down 105 at the moment. SPY at 391.2 & Qs at 321.6

Let's battle.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

BrokeAssAggie
Been up since 3:30 central. Couldn't fall back to sleep. Time to make some money
FJ43
CrazyRichAggie said:

Been up since 3:30 central. Couldn't fall back to sleep. Time to make some money
Gettin up with the chickens. Love it.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
METM, a new program through industrial distribution department.
BrokeAssAggie
XL up 8% early today.
BobFriend13
AG
Class of 2013. I've had a Roth IRA following a mutual fund since 2010 but started really trading October of 2020. This board has been a huge help.
mrad85
AG
Class of '85 here. I've been at it for maybe 4 years, but serious in last year or so. I only trade my "play money".
bbqAg09
AG
Class of '09. Investing in the market since graduating but not actively and relied in tips through places like motley fool. Had success but nothing crazy. Found this thread right when OA1 mentioned this Chinese EV company that he expected could be $100 in the next three years. Having learned virtually no discipline to that point, I backed up the truck and put 35% of my money into it over about 6 months where I ultimately averaged down to $5.40. It then got down into the $1s and I told my wife it was best the rest of our money stay with our FA that was earning enough to cover his fees and inflation.

Fast forward and I'm now not sure what to do. I've diamond handed this whole time and going net free doesn't really matter cuz I'm hovering around 10x. I've since fired our FA and managing our remaining funds. Two days ago was the wake up call I needed to diversify more as I'm way too heavy on the EV, battery and blockchain sectors.

TLDR - I've gotten "wealthy" thanks to OA1 but he'd likely slap me for how much I dumped into one play and haven't yet used any disciplines to trim my holdings in a company from a country with a government that I loathe.
Spaceship
AG
Class of 2007 here. I got started after the 2008 financial crisis/crash, and put all the money I had saved up from an internship into Citigroup, Bank of America and LVS (got lucky and found their exact bottoms). It was enough to get me a down payment on my first house. With getting married and having kids, I got out of the routine of trading. Then, when things crashed in March due to COVID, I put a bunch of savings into the market and am up 125% since then. I've learned a ton "on the fly" and definitely left money on the table at times, but I'm much smarter now due to my successes, mistakes and this board.

My strategy is to keep a running list of "good" investable companies in hot industries that attract good volume and volatility. The market is in a constant state of overcorrection and so I buy those that are oversold and sell that are overbought. Paying attention to RSI and basic wedge patterns has been eye opening for me.

I'm basically a bottom feeding rat who shows up in the market anytime there's a crisis.
sts7049
AG
so if you're here that means we're all headed to the moon
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

XL up 8% early today.

This is the only news I've seen on it.

zag213004
AG
FJ43 said:

Morning gents!

Slightly down from close on ES but NQ down 105 at the moment. SPY at 391.2 & Qs at 321.6

Let's battle.

I'm trying to get into ibkr pro (mobile) and it seems rather clunky. For one I am finding all the quotes are delayed? And that I have to subscribe to real time quotes for a monthly fee? And with the tons of subscriptions I don't even know which one to pick or if at this point it is worth it. As a recent convert from TD to IBKR do you have any info on this? (I am a TD mobile app user for 95% of trading and use the remaining 5% on TOS mobile app for OCO orders and roll options
Talon2DSO
AG
Class of 2008 here. Was about 10 years older than my classmates due to time in the Air Force as an enlisted guy. I inherited a massive amount of financial irresponsibility from my parents and never had the money to save or invest. That changed after law school when I had better jobs and surrounded myself with smarter people. Didn't invest in anything other than 401k through work until January 2020.

I'm learning a ton thanks to this group and by losing and gaining with a modest amount in my retirement accounts. It helps that I married a CFP as well. I'm definitely much smarter and cautious about this but there's much more for me to learn.
Engine10
AG
oh hell yeah
FJ43
zwhag2010 said:

FJ43 said:

Morning gents!

Let's battle.

I'm trying to get into ibkr pro (mobile) and it seems rather clunky. For one I am finding all the quotes are delayed? And that I have to subscribe to real time quotes for a monthly fee? And with the tons of subscriptions I don't even know which one to pick or if at this point it is worth it. As a recent convert from TD to IBKR do you have any info on this? (I am a TD mobile app user for 95% of trading and use the remaining 5% on TOS mobile app for OCO orders and roll options
Morning. Lots of tips on the TWS thread and also folks helping each other out. I posted a screen shot of things I subscribe to. You for sure don't need all of those I get....but I can be an over'doer at times.

Streaming Bundle is the one I think you need. I've spent time in the app to really learn it and its fluid once you do.

https://texags.com/forums/57/topics/3177021

zag213004
AG
Thanks! I'll take a look at that.
McInnis 03
AG
OA is coming after Bezos with his net free holdings

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Engine10
AG
Engine10 said:

oh hell yeah

Holy chit check out those 2020 vs 2019 numbers
McInnis 03
AG
How does coinbase make their money?
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Engine10
AG
Quote:

The business model of Coinbase is centered around the fees it charges for trading cryptocurrencies. Other nodes of income include credit card transaction fees, referral fees for promoting courses, a custody service, as well as profits from venture investments.
Whitehouse Road
AG
McInnis 03 said:

How does coinbase make their money?
Transaction fees.
gougler08
AG
SNSS apparently became VIRX overnight and did some type of reverse split...not sure what that will do to my covered calls there though?
FJ43
NXTD, DPW & EBON getting some love this morning so far. BTC almost 52k again.

Touchless
AG
'07 here. Put some money in the market around 2010 and traded some but didn't know what I was doing. Lost a fair amount and then basically just stopped looking at it until last March and then found this thread. Still trying to find the strategy that works best for me overall, but I've learned a ton on here on when to use options and generate capital that way as well.
LOYAL AG
AG
FJ43 said:

NXTD, DPW & EBON getting some love this morning so far. BTC almost 52k again.
Going to be interesting to see what BTC does here. It's pushing through the 9 day SMA. Once things get busy today can it keep that and keep rising? If it can we may see another leg up for it and a return to insanity for the BTC plays.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
tailgatetimer10
AG
I was one of the lucky ones that got called out of half my sharesb for 60. Should I buy them back? Sure as hell looking so
gigemJTH12
AG
Message for all the newbies:

If you are ever lost on the process buying calls from OA. Please reach out to me via DM. I am not an expert at all. Far from it.

HOWEVER, from experience I know that sometimes it is easier to understand if explained by someone who is more novice, rather than an expert who might not understand just how little you know.

I get a lot of info from this board and I hardly ever give back so this would be a good way for me to do so.

Trust me, you want to be buying OA's calls that he tweets. If you dont have twitter, get one. Follow OA. Turn on notifications for his posts, and buy his calls. If you dont know how to do any of that I will help you with that too.

Trying to make a contribution to the thread. Dont hesitate to reach out!
ravingfans
AG
Howdy all, I signed up on the link on OA's twitter and it had this message:

"Fill out this short form to be notified of future events and seminars from OA1"

Is there a specific link for the seminar this weekend or is it full up already?
First Page Last Page
Page 3335 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.