Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,053,001 Views | 231676 Replies | Last: 20 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
gigemJTH12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag In Ok said:

McInnis 03 said:

Oh she's going to make things really rosy around here. Keep talking Janet.

I have little doubt the intent is to drive out the "Reddit" investors of the world.
most of them probably have no idea they even owe it
Aggie_2463
AG
REI been nice swing from 1.90-2.20 range. Just accumulating shares on swing trading. Weeeed
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Ag In Ok said:

McInnis 03 said:

I have little doubt the intent is to drive out the "Reddit" investors of the world.

They're all short term, so they pay gains as regular income. This is continuing to go after the 40+ middle to upper middle class. That group skews right so they'll punish them and let the young pups and the poor bathe in the blood of the bourgeoisie.
Ornithopter
AG
rtpAggie said:

anyone think the $EGOC dream is dead?

There won't be anything until March. They are doing some sort of four week advertising thing to do some sort of legalese thing.
ag94whoop
AG
UWMC and SYN are both crashing.
KT 90
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Ag In Ok said:

McInnis 03 said:

most of them probably have no idea they even owe it

Probably true. Will be interesting to see if the IRS starts to up their enforcement efforts in this area.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
LUV, UAL, and DIS today.
59 South
AG
Larry J. Holy 81 said:

historyrepeats said:

Larry J. Holy 81 said:

Market bravado expressed by that young group who throw caution to the wind,....not to worry, they'll get their turn in the barrel. It's just part of the tuition cost. There wouldn't be card sharks if suckers weren't born every minute.
Some will, but alot of us millenials get access to so much information that we will take our massive winnings and put it to good use. This thread being a perfect example.
Yes, there will always be a few outliers. I write from the experience of exiting the dotcom bubble at the top and realized that type of exit move is not likely to happen again. My risk profile changed accordingly to maintain and grow a gift.

I worked with a few folks that hit it big in dotcom. They retired and became day traders, lost it all in approximately 5 years and returned to the workforce.

It's not a millennial generation thing so relax. Millennials don't have a lock hold on gaining wealth or losing it. Winning and losing exists in every generation that has a label. The key is knowing how to manage your risk profile if your gifted a once in a lifetime opportunity and having the ability to recognize it - many don't.

Back to regularly scheduled programming..
Great post! I agree... but you're likely preaching to the choir here on this board. I suspect most of us understand this current market gift and also love to sell weekly premium to the gamblers in the market right now
ClutchCityAg
NEPT could be a weed stock to look at
Let it ride
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
No idea why UAL is on a tear this last week or so, but I'll take it. Bet big on it last year and it's finally paying off.
59 South
AG
I'm a shade green so far today. Huge tag team battle royale between ROKU/WWR & FUBO/AMZN with everything else I own flattish.

No options at the moment save for some 3/19 covered calls on FUBO and WWR.

Best I get on to my real job
Ornithopter
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

No idea why UAL is on a tear this last week or so, but I'll take it. Bet big on it last year and it's finally paying off.

They got rid of a bunch of dead weight in Denver.
59 South
AG
The professional traders trying to trade FAANG right now... I think they're a bit frustrated.
FJB
AG
I am up on PBCT, AG, and URCCF
Who is John Galt?

YNWA_AG
YNWA_AG
AG
TecRecAg
AG
I'll admit I am biased towards Halliburton, but regardless.. it's good to see them getting back to pre-COVID levels. Great run for them today so far.
TecRecAg
AG
YNWA_AG said:

I'll fight these MF's in a Wendy's parking lot if I find them
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
59 South said:

Larry J. Holy 81 said:

historyrepeats said:

Larry J. Holy 81 said:

Market bravado expressed by that young group who throw caution to the wind,....not to worry, they'll get their turn in the barrel. It's just part of the tuition cost. There wouldn't be card sharks if suckers weren't born every minute.
Some will, but alot of us millenials get access to so much information that we will take our massive winnings and put it to good use. This thread being a perfect example.
Yes, there will always be a few outliers. I write from the experience of exiting the dotcom bubble at the top and realized that type of exit move is not likely to happen again. My risk profile changed accordingly to maintain and grow a gift.

I worked with a few folks that hit it big in dotcom. They retired and became day traders, lost it all in approximately 5 years and returned to the workforce.

It's not a millennial generation thing so relax. Millennials don't have a lock hold on gaining wealth or losing it. Winning and losing exists in every generation that has a label. The key is knowing how to manage your risk profile if your gifted a once in a lifetime opportunity and having the ability to recognize it - many don't.

Back to regularly scheduled programming..
Great post! I agree... but you're likely preaching to the choir here on this board. I suspect most of us understand this current market gift and also love to sell weekly premium to the gamblers in the market right now

This is why I've been focusing on buy and hold for stocks I think have long term value. All my picks are with fun money anyway, and my ones with higher risk I'm going net free ASAP and letting them ride after. Im still trying to learn the options side of the business, but that is with a minuscule percentage of my portfolio.
GreasenUSA
AG
evan_aggie said:

Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

Anyone with half a brain can see the fiscal cliff on the horizon.... The '20s were never going to be a great decade for Americans due to the last 20 years. It lasted this long because our Central Bank wasn't as ****ty as other CBs. I posted this on another thread on Hop's board, but D.C. and our politicians are like a Doctor, a real ****ty one, but I digress....

The Country is the patient. Country comes in and has blood work and scans done. It comes back as cancer. Doctor asks if there are any symptoms. Country says, "yeah, nausea". So, instead of sending the Country to an oncologist, the doctor (D.C.) prescribes phenergan and sends the country on it's way to die. And there is D.C. in a nutshell. Treat the symptom, not the root cause, for short-term happiness (and votes) while the cancer spreads and grows and the core health of the country circles the drain. Both sides of the political spectrum are guilty of it, albeit one a lot more than the other, but they are both guilty.

The only question now is does the reset this decade happen sooner rather than later?

I'm very thankful I don't live in a city and have land.

I agree with your post. But here is problem I see quite often in the last decade: the conservative or hedging mindset ultimately puts you 2 steps behind the aggressive and bet-it-all 20 somethings that plunk $50k in Tesla at $300 or worked for Apple when the stock was $30-40. These late 20s to early 40s folks are millionaires and they didn't have to be cautious or conservative in any way.

Not sure whether that mentality turns skeptical later, but right now they could buy more land and have a safety net than most of us. The other problem is: the other giant part of the population that takes risks where it doesn't pay off continuously get bailed out first by the government.

I get sick reading of reading articles about people in their 20s that took out $100,000+ in loans to get an art degree or sociology from a school that no one except their area code has ever even heard of. We enable and promote bad decision making and reward it.
Agree with your last paragraph, but the premise of this post is a bit absurd.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
DubFalls said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

They got rid of a bunch of dead weight in Denver.
Well done.
Brewmaster
AG
any of you in HYLN? Austin based nat gas and EV truck retrofitter. Very interesting!

chart looks ready to pop too.
GarryowenAg
AG
MSFT is going in the opposite direction than what I hoped. Ugh.
0708aggie
AG
Atlas is all over that.
Rydyn
AG
jwhitlock3 said:

Rydyn said:

I use Fidelity but use the ATP Desktop app.

Looking at the website, try "Option Summary" under the account heading and then "Group by Strategy".
Checked there and it's got them setup with 1 as a covered call, and 1 as a long call.

I placed the order on margin, so once it clears and sees that I have the cash in account maybe it will change it to allow me to close it as a single order? I could just be jumping the gun and need to let the trade settle, just not showing up as I expected it to.

If you just switched from a Cash basis to a Margin basis on the account, you may have bought part of the spread on a Cash basis. It doesn't combine cash and margin basis into a single strategy. I ran into that with covered calls on shares that I had bought with cash. Each time I wanted to sell a call, I had to switch the trade from margin(default) back to cash for that trade.

The multi-leg option dialog only has one selection for cash / margin, so you may be stuck settling the spread with two transactions.
We live on a tax farm as free range humans.
cptthunder
The McInnis Twins with the dang good call once again on FRX, staying strong through all of this up and down the last two weeks
ag94whoop
AG
I am hugely red still because of CLOV, WWR, and TLRY.
But all three are longer holds. Overall im about breakeven outside of those big uglies.

I mis-bought SYN at $1.07 (I confused it with another stock when I was setting buy price) and added some shares of SNDL at $1.82 so im very upside down in those at the moment. I have no idea why UWMC is falling.

ag94whoop
AG
cptthunder said:

The McInnis Twins with the dang good call once again on FRX, staying strong through all of this up and down the last two weeks
I brought up FRX up on here last week and then proceeded to forget to buy it. LOL.
Oh well. Glad I at least SAW a good buy, even though I didnt end up taking advantage.
jwhitlock3
My account has been margin for a while, I was just restricted to level 2 trading and couldn't do spreads (requires level 3). I just checked and both of those transactions went through as margin. I also got on ATP and it's showing them as two separate there as one, one a long call and one a covered call. I'll give it time to clear and check it tomorrow I suppose, see if it changes at all.
AgShaun00
AG
BREwmaster said:

any of you in HYLN? Austin based nat gas and EV truck retrofitter. Very interesting!

in for 200.
McInnis 03
AG
I lost my damn ASS on HYLN the last two weeks. And that's been a freaking poison stock for many over the last 4 months. To hell with those ATLAS boys lol. Unless they scoop up GSAT that is, then I love them forever.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
FJ43
BREwmaster said:

I took some March 25s when you alerted for a ride. Any push here with strength intraday back to $20 should pay well.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

McInnis 03
AG
$BA don't care about your engines.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
ClutchCityAg
McInnis 03 said:

$BA don't care about your engines.
Oh BA-by!!!
Let it ride
HoustonAg2014
AG
CLOV WHAT IS YOU DOIN?!?!
First Page Last Page
Page 3300 of 6620

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.