Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,054,817 Views | 231690 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by SW AG80
Cloud
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You know it's coming, too. I imagine we'll be more in line with the rate our neighbors to the north pay (50%). Just a matter of when.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Cloud said:

You know it's coming, too. I imagine we'll be more in line with the rate our neighbors to the north pay (50%). Just a matter of when.

Making America Venezuela Again
Post removed:
by user
Larry J. Holy 81
AG
Cloud said:

I'd go long all bank stocks if this was the case.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
The Left is disgusting.
evan_aggie
AG
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

Anyone with half a brain can see the fiscal cliff on the horizon.... The '20s were never going to be a great decade for Americans due to the last 20 years. It lasted this long because our Central Bank wasn't as ****ty as other CBs. I posted this on another thread on Hop's board, but D.C. and our politicians are like a Doctor, a real ****ty one, but I digress....

The Country is the patient. Country comes in and has blood work and scans done. It comes back as cancer. Doctor asks if there are any symptoms. Country says, "yeah, nausea". So, instead of sending the Country to an oncologist, the doctor (D.C.) prescribes phenergan and sends the country on it's way to die. And there is D.C. in a nutshell. Treat the symptom, not the root cause, for short-term happiness (and votes) while the cancer spreads and grows and the core health of the country circles the drain. Both sides of the political spectrum are guilty of it, albeit one a lot more than the other, but they are both guilty.

The only question now is does the reset this decade happen sooner rather than later?

I'm very thankful I don't live in a city and have land.

I agree with your post. But here is problem I see quite often in the last decade: the conservative or hedging mindset ultimately puts you 2 steps behind the aggressive and bet-it-all 20 somethings that plunk $50k in Tesla at $300 or worked for Apple when the stock was $30-40. These late 20s to early 40s folks are millionaires and they didn't have to be cautious or conservative in any way.

Not sure whether that mentality turns skeptical later, but right now they could buy more land and have a safety net than most of us. The other problem is: the other giant part of the population that takes risks where it doesn't pay off continuously get bailed out first by the government.

I get sick reading of reading articles about people in their 20s that took out $100,000+ in loans to get an art degree or sociology from a school that no one except their area code has ever even heard of. We enable and promote bad decision making and reward it.
flyingaggie12
AG
How would this apply to international traders?
Ags2013
AG
Go CLOV go!
sts7049
AG
DNN is running too
Engine10
AG
$DNN lovely open
AgCPA95
AG
$MGNI getting some movement.
McInnis 03
AG
Somebody just lit up this weeks PLTR 30c's for 20K contracts.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Larry J. Holy 81
AG
Market bravado expressed by that young group who throw caution to the wind,....not to worry, they'll get their turn in the barrel. It's just part of the tuition cost. There wouldn't be card sharks if suckers weren't born every minute.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Quick look at $UWMC again - they reported Q4 EPS of $0.49? Is that right? Annualized that's P/E of 4 and isn't Q2 and Q3 generally the best quarters for mortgages? Is there something I'm missing?
jwhitlock3
Fidelity question for those who use them. I finally entered the right combination to unlock level 3 options and I opened my first spread with them. I entered as a vertical, and it executed it at the same time but as separate orders, and it's showing them as separate rather than a single spread like I expected. Is this normal? I already had $15 calls sold on my shares. Do I have to wait a day and let it finalize? I'm wondering how I go about closing it without doing two separate transactions. Thanks! (new transactions show in yellow on Fidelity).

McInnis 03
AG
CLOV climbing
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Rice and Fries
Aggies75455 said:

Bitcoin taking it on the chin this morning along with my EBON and NXTD...
Dont care. Net free.
Ted Lasso
AG
Larry J. Holy 81 said:

Market bravado expressed by that young group who throw caution to the wind,....not to worry, they'll get their turn in the barrel. It's just part of the tuition cost. There wouldn't be card sharks if suckers weren't born every minute.
Some will, but alot of us millenials get access to so much information that we will take our massive winnings and put it to good use. This thread being a perfect example.
Ags2013
AG
Rice and Fries said:

Aggies75455 said:

Dont care. Net free.
SINO doesn't care. It is holding up nicely.
Brewmaster
AG
Rice and Fries said:

Aggies75455 said:

Dont care. Net free.
exactly! sold some MARA last week, wreck it! I'll buy the dip.

rtpAggie
anyone think the $EGOC dream is dead?
59 South
AG
Catching up on this thread like...

And easy there on us late 30s / early 40s folks. We left the nest at the peak of the dotcom bubble, fought like hell to get jobs due to the fallout in the early/mid 2000s, and then got effin wrecked in our mid to late 20s in the financial crisis. So just stop it.

Don't be jealous that we have hit the jackpot in our earlyish prime earnings years through our 30s and were smart enough to realize it and capitalize. And don't underestimate our wit and access to real time data that will be used to protect what we've earned. Yea, I'm definitely on the brink of the old man transition
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
CDub06
AG
SINO is GOING!
kyledr04
AG
Cloud said:

When you add up every tax and fee, we probably do already but they still want more.
AgShaun00
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

I don't know much about Roblox other than all the kids play it. From 5 years old to 20

all my kids want is roblox gift cards
Bob Knights Paper Hands
This is normal. On the ATP software they show them as a single trade but on the website they show each leg separately.
Rydyn
AG
I use Fidelity but use the ATP Desktop app.

Looking at the website, try "Option Summary" under the account heading and then "Group by Strategy".
We live on a tax farm as free range humans.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
$CLOV finally got back above that 5sma but bounced off the 9ema, 10sma, 159sma price. It needs to hold above that 5sma, showing the weakest hands are out and then we can hope for a run back up.
AggieChemist
AG
59 South said:

Catching up on this thread like...

And easy there on us late 30s / early 40s folks. We left the nest at the peak of the dotcom bubble, fought like hell to get jobs due to the fallout in the early/mid 2000s, and then got effin wrecked in our mid to late 20s in the financial crisis. So just stop it.

Don't be jealous that we have hit the jackpot in our earlyish prime earnings years through our 30s and were smart enough to realize it and capitalize. And don't underestimate our wit and access to real time data that will be used to protect what we've earned. Yea, I'm definitely on the brink of the old man transition
Thank god for us GenXers.

The we're the stability in the world between the boomers and whatever the kids these days are.
jwhitlock3
Bob Knights Liver said:

This is normal. On the ATP software they show them as a single trade but on the website they show each leg separately.
Ah, ATP has always been glitchy for me so I use TOS to chart and always enter my trades through the Fidelity website.

Using the web interface can you close the spread as a single transaction? Or do I need to get ATP running and use that?

Thanks for the response, I've traded spreads with RH plenty of times but this is the first time I've run one using Fidelity. Apparently if you don't answer "most aggressive" and tell them your wife also has 10 years of options experience they won't approve you so it took me a while to get setup completely.
Ag In Ok
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Oh she's going to make things really rosy around here. Keep talking Janet.

I have little doubt the intent is to drive out the "Reddit" investors of the world.
BlueTaze
Bob Knights Liver said:

Quick look at $UWMC again - they reported Q4 EPS of $0.49? Is that right? Annualized that's P/E of 4 and isn't Q2 and Q3 generally the best quarters for mortgages? Is there something I'm missing?

RKT is in same boat, with earnings coming 25th. Fundamentals still not much of a factor. Looking to the left, RKT at base of channel due for a breakout.
jwhitlock3
Rydyn said:

I use Fidelity but use the ATP Desktop app.

Looking at the website, try "Option Summary" under the account heading and then "Group by Strategy".
Checked there and it's got them setup with 1 as a covered call, and 1 as a long call.

I placed the order on margin, so once it clears and sees that I have the cash in account maybe it will change it to allow me to close it as a single order? I could just be jumping the gun and need to let the trade settle, just not showing up as I expected it to.
59 South
AG
AggieChemist said:

Thank god for us GenXers.

The we're the stability in the world between the boomers and whatever the kids these days are.
No kidding. If I was being honest on my resume, I'd probably just put "professional generational gap translator" for the past 5-7 years or so. I've been in several cringe worthy work meetings and town halls the past few years where both sides are equally cringey.
Larry J. Holy 81
AG
historyrepeats said:

Larry J. Holy 81 said:

Some will, but alot of us millenials get access to so much information that we will take our massive winnings and put it to good use. This thread being a perfect example.
Yes, there will always be a few outliers. I write from the experience of exiting the dotcom bubble at the top and realized that type of exit move is not likely to happen again. My risk profile changed accordingly to maintain and grow a gift.

I worked with a few folks that hit it big in dotcom. They retired and became day traders, lost it all in approximately 5 years and returned to the workforce.

It's not a millennial generation thing so relax. Millennials don't have a lock hold on gaining wealth or losing it. Winning and losing exists in every generation that has a label. The key is knowing how to manage your risk profile if your gifted a once in a lifetime opportunity and having the ability to recognize it - many don't.

Back to regularly scheduled programming..
First Page Last Page
Page 3299 of 6620

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.