Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,073,050 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by El_duderino
FJ43
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CrazyRichAggie said:

CLOV covered call and Puts clarification. Bear with me because I'm a little slow.

I currently hold a 2/19 $20 call with a purchase price of $0.963. On Friday nothing will happen here and I will collect $96.30 in premium.

I also sold two 2/19 $12.5 Puts at $1.133 price. On Friday I will collect $222 in premium and purchase 200 shares of CLOV at $12.5 $2,2500. Therefore, my net purchase price for the 200 shares would be $10.91 per share?

Correct.

On the call you sold you will keep the premium and it is unlikely to be exercised.

On the puts you sold you will likely be assigned those shares at $12.50. You have already received the premium.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

BrokeAssAggie
CastleRock said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

CLOV covered call and Puts clarification. Bear with me because I'm a little slow.

I currently hold a 2/19 $20 call with a purchase price of $0.963. On Friday nothing will happen here and I will collect $96.30 in premium.

I also sold two 2/19 $12.5 Puts at $1.133 price. On Friday I will collect $222 in premium and purchase 200 shares of CLOV at $12.5 $2,2500. Therefore, my net purchase price for the 200 shares would be $10.91 per share?

This doesn't make sense, am I reading it wrong?

If you bought a 2/19 $20 call for $0.963, you've already paid the premium and this will expire worthless. If you sold a 2/19 $20 call for $0.963, you already collected the premium.

I sold the call and sold the put.
E
AG
SNDL better not be heading back to $1
BrokeAssAggie
FJ43 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

Correct.

On the call you sold you will keep the premium and it is unlikely to be exercised.

On the puts you sold you will likely be assigned those shares at $12.50. You have already received the premium.

Ok, I'm good getting 200 more shares of CLOV at that price. Now it just needs to hurry and have its breakout.
wanderer
OA (or others for that matter), can you expand on what you're referring to on a reversal. What level of chart (time period) are you typically looking at in order to confirm your reversals. Thanks!

McInnis 03
AG
SWPR just hit $.14 on a $.07 estimate. Missed on rev.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
mazag08
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

This is assuming CLOV closes below $12.5 on Friday
For the puts, your net at expiration would be +200 shares at $12.50 ($2,500). The premium you already collected brings your net purchase price down to $11.367 per share plus any additional commissions.

When you sell calls or puts, you get the premium immediately, not at expiration.
FJ43
McInnis 03 said:

SWPR just hit $.14 on a $.07 estimate. Missed on rev.
Which way does she go......
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Brewmaster
AG
AgShaun00 said:

FJ43 said:

Y'all might want to maybe keep an eye on this one.

CRBP

Medicines targeting the endocannabinoid system. Didn't get the results they hoped for back in September and stock sold off. See recent volume. Does someone know something or typical cannabis play?

Too much volume to ignore trade wise. On watch for me.

Edit: Was $9.40 in September.
it was a ripster play and pharm was on it also.
yep, I'm in this one too. Nice gaps back up, model T is roughly $6. closed today at 2.90. It may or may not move when pot stocks go, but it's a pot pharma.
jswags
AG
Is CTRM sinking or swimming?
Maximus_Meridius
AG
HouAggie said:

High level option question.

I bought some 3/19 $5 WWR puts on Feb 8 for $0.40. At the time, WWR was trading at roughly $11.

Now, the underlying is $7.50, yet my put has dropped in value to $0.30.

$11 to $7.50 seems like a healthy decrease to not only NOT see an increase in the put value, but for it to have actually decreased.

Is this common/normal? Am I missing something?
I can't say for certain, but just a quick glance shows that the current Delta value on that option is pretty low, like -.138. That means the price won't move as much per dollar amount of the underlying (you would prefer -1 for a put, +1 for a call). On top of that, you've got Theta decay eating away at the value of the option as well.

Full disclosure, I'm not very well versed on the Greeks, and I did not stay at a Holiday Inn last night. The Greek stuff was something I thought Irish (now Irish 2.0) was much better at than many on here. But at least learning what they are and how they impact your options contracts would be time well spent, in my humble opinion.
FJ43
BREwmaster said:

AgShaun00 said:

FJ43 said:

Y'all might want to maybe keep an eye on this one.

CRBP

Medicines targeting the endocannabinoid system. Didn't get the results they hoped for back in September and stock sold off. See recent volume. Does someone know something or typical cannabis play?

Too much volume to ignore trade wise. On watch for me.

Edit: Was $9.40 in September.
it was a ripster play and pharm was on it also.
yep, I'm in this one too. Nice gaps back up, model T is roughly $6. closed today at 2.90. It may or may not move when pot stocks go, but it's a pot pharma.
I started a position in at $2.83.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Will be getting a $2k tax refund.

Thoughts on throwing it into GOOG for a long term hold?
Mr President Elect
AG
E said:

SNDL better not be heading back to $1
They just anounced a potential offering. A little suprised it didn't drop more. I don't expect a continued downtrend.
FJ43
Options

Just a quick high level reminder for those new to options.

When opening...

Sell - If you sell you collect the premium and have the obligation to either sell the shares (calls) or buy the shares (puts). Sell = Obligation

Buy - If you buy the call or put you pay the premium and have no obligation to sell or buy the shares. Buy = No Obligation

Whitehouse Road
AG
wanderer said:

OA (or others for that matter), can you expand on what you're referring to on a reversal. What level of chart (time period) are you typically looking at in order to confirm your reversals. Thanks!

Look at the daily chart and look at the candle for today. At the end of a downtrend you get a hammer (short or no wick on top with a longer wick on the bottom) which can signify a bottom or a reversal.

Mr President Elect
AG
Any of you guys utilize the John Carter Squeeze Study? Looking at NIO daily, it looks primed. With that being said I am very new to it so I have no idea what I am talking about. But the 8/21/50/200 MDA's are stacked, the wave looks positive, I think you are supposed to wait for a breakout though?? Also my scanner for it is not indicating it is in a squeeze though

Aston04
AG
Big Canadian gambling vote on right now. Bill C 2-118. So far so good. All but one of the Liberal party members voted yes to the Republican bill to legalize single sport gambling.

Big portion of fun money account is in Canadian online gambling stocks. Let's go!!!

TSCRF / BRGGF / FUNFF

Learned a little bit today about Canadian parliament. Votes take FOREVER.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I am going to escape this week, at least break even. if BFT rips tomorrow - Friday, will be good. Some of you have asked me via PM or here what my process is, and I tend to take a portfolio approach. I think writing some of this down might be helpful. These are all booked gains unless noted otherwise.

What's saved me:

Covered calls (1.5%)
  • CATB
  • CRDF
  • DADA
  • GLD
  • OSTK
  • MARA
  • MBIO
  • IBIO
  • NNDM
  • OCUL
  • REI
  • RIDE
  • SDC
  • SOLO
  • TCON
  • UAVS
  • KERN
  • UXIN
  • VFF
  • WWR
  • DNN
  • AMC
  • KERN
  • WATT

Stock plays (2%)
  • AQMS
  • ENG
  • QS
  • NXTD
  • SEED
  • LAZR
  • QS
  • PTGX

Long options (including bull puts - 1.5%)
  • CRWD
  • LAZR
  • NKE

Short options (1%)
  • NDX
  • SPX
  • FB
  • UXIN
Losers (-6%!!)
  • ROKU
  • AAPL
  • BFT (pending)
  • CLOV (pending)
  • CYBR
  • SPX hedge
  • ZM

Pending Options
  • BA
  • RUN
  • QS
  • SLV
  • BP
  • XOM
  • WFC
  • CLOV
  • WWR
  • OPEN
ag94whoop
AG
talk about timing...

I went to throw snowballs with my kids for an hour. BFT hasnt done **** for days.
I get back AH and stock is up enough to a take profit level for me and I cant trade (damn YouTrade) .

Hopefully it holds tomorrow and maybe rises.
FJ43
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I am going to escape this week, at least break even. if BFT rips tomorrow - Friday, will be good. Some of you have asked me via PM or here what my process is, and I tend to take a portfolio approach. I think writing some of this down might be helpful. These are all booked gains unless noted otherwise.

What's saved me:

Covered calls (1.5%)
  • CATB
  • CRDF
  • DADA
  • GLD
  • OSTK
  • MARA
  • MBIO
  • IBIO
  • NNDM
  • OCUL
  • REI
  • RIDE
  • SDC
  • SOLO
  • TCON
  • UAVS
  • KERN
  • UXIN
  • VFF
  • WWR
  • DNN
  • AMC
  • KERN
  • WATT

Stock plays (2%)
  • AQMS
  • ENG
  • QS
  • NXTD
  • SEED
  • LAZR
  • QS
  • PTGX

Long options (including bull puts - 1.5%)
  • CRWD
  • LAZR
  • NKE

Short options (1%)
  • NDX
  • SPX
  • FB
  • UXIN
Losers (-6%!!)
  • ROKU
  • AAPL
  • BFT (pending)
  • CLOV (pending)
  • CYBR
  • SPX hedge
  • ZM

Pending Options
  • BA
  • RUN
  • QS
  • SLV
  • BP
  • XOM
  • WFC
  • CLOV
  • WWR
  • OPEN

Nice post 30k. Great advice, Your list makes me tired just thinking about it but I'm getting there.

FJ43
aggiedaniel06 said:

Something to point out is that 99% of the short term trades on this thread, fintwit and retail in general is purely Beta based and not by finding any Alpha.

This strategy will only be successful in a trending market like we have had since 2016. You can clearly see this on a day like today - markets are barely red and I'm sure many are seeing deep red in their ports due to the high beta names that retail heavily trades.

I see mentions of people wanting to do this for a living. You have to have an alpha based strategy if you ever want to do this for life. If you only rely on beta as a strategy, its always feast or famine, and if you play long enough, you'll incur heavy losses.
Thanks for sharing this and the wisdom. This is something I do not do nearly enough and needs to become automatic or routine for me.

ag94whoop
AG
Re: CLOV

there should be a serious limit to the number of times a law firm can "Remind Investors" of a class action lawsuit, especially when there isnt a significant amount of actual evidence at play.

They pound the news cycle daily. That should not be allowed as it artificially suppresses the trading of that stock and looks like a blatant attempt to enhance losses to further their case. There are 7-10 companies each announcing every day. It's ridiculous.

They should be limited to announcing on Mondays only of each week. once a week is PLENTY.

I will get off my soapbox now.
aggies4life
AG
$EBON. Any target/exit? Or just go net free?
FbgTxAg
AG
aggies4life said:

$EBON. Any target/exit? Or just go net free?

Hopefully back to 7.49 Friday, then to the moon.
EngrAg14
AG
Anyone have any real reason the SPY / DOW are still going upwards?

Is it a certain set of companies or sector?
Mr President Elect
AG
Oil stocks did great today... only 4 of the top 30 were red today and none in the top 7.

Related to that, I have heard some sentiments that oil might shoot high this summer because of the marginal wells being shutdown and no plans to reopen those (plus a few other reasons). Anyone looking at adding more oil stocks to their accounts?
jeremy
AG
Think she goes up tomorrow.
jeremy
AG
### BOLD PREDICTION###

Disclaimer- Don't buy anything because of me, Just putting my reputation on the line to call a shot based on my analysis. I'm a newb, but have been boning up and have a screener that has proven effective.

Aapl finally goes up tonight/tomorrow. I don't yet know how to predict how high it will ride, but I'm saying it will go up a couple of dollars tomorrow (or more, still don't know how high)

SNDL isn't done and is going to be returning up tomorrow.

That's it. Feel free to haze and ban me if I missed the boat. I've been studying like mad with the down weather this week and I'm feeling good on these two. I'm getting stir-crazy, that's why I posted my prediction for the texags world to see. I obviously could have done this without announcing to everyone.

I'll be back to eat some crow tomorrow or high-five those that are in these two positions waiting for some gains to come back.

mrad85
AG
jeremy said:

### BOLD PREDICTION###

Disclaimer- Don't buy anything because of me, Just putting my reputation on the line to call a shot based on my analysis. I'm a newb, but have been boning up and have a screener that has proven effective.

Aapl finally goes up tonight/tomorrow. I don't yet know how to predict how high it will ride, but I'm saying it will go up a couple of dollars tomorrow (or more, still don't know how high)

SNDL isn't done and is going to be returning up tomorrow.

That's it. Feel free to haze and ban me if I missed the boat. I've been studying like mad with the down weather this week and I'm feeling good on these two. I'm getting stir-crazy, that's why I posted my prediction for the texags world to see. I obviously could have done this without announcing to everyone.

I'll be back to eat some crow tomorrow or high-five those that are in these two positions waiting for some gains to come back.

I'll have whatever Jeremy is drinking!
wanderer
Wow, just noticed the crazy ROKU hammer (on the daily). Will be interesting to see what earnings bring manana.
FbgTxAg
AG
I'm all for it, but fruit is STILL having to scratch and claw for every nickel AH, and we're in the 130's. I'm hopeful, but there is a glut of fruit stock for sale right now.

I believe you are correct on SNDL - it's the de facto bellweather cannabis stock, and almost everyone on here is net-free - so it's in the closet. Unless I'm margin-called I'll have that stock until I need to sell for taxes or property.

gougler08
AG
Well didn't trade anything today, power outage and busted pipe in the garage kinda killed my day.

That being said, yay for ONTX and bitcoin plays, good to see the account green today
Ornithopter
AG
GOCO now has an earnings call scheduled for March 8.
jeremy
AG
FbgTxAg said:

I'm all for it, but fruit is STILL having to scratch and claw for every nickel AH, and we're in the 130's. I'm hopeful, but there is a glut of fruit stock for sale right now.

I believe you are correct on SNDL - it's the de facto bellweather cannabis stock, and almost everyone on here is net-free - so it's in the closet. Unless I'm margin-called I'll have that stock until I need to sell for taxes or property.

Thanks for the input. It will be interesting to watch and I'm definitely happy to have a counter argument so I can learn.
First Page Last Page
Page 3269 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.