Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,072,928 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by El_duderino
Rice and Fries
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wanderer said:

Wow, just noticed the crazy ROKU hammer (on the daily). Will be interesting to see what earnings bring manana.
Someone bought 1000 $452.5 calls on the earnings. Implies a 10% movement post earnings.
Legend
AG
Mr President Elect said:

Oil stocks did great today... only 4 of the top 30 were red today and none in the top 7.

Related to that, I have heard some sentiments that oil might shoot high this summer because of the marginal wells being shutdown and no plans to reopen those (plus a few other reasons). Anyone looking at adding more oil stocks to their accounts?

Anyone still holding any OVV? I think they announce earnings tonight.
irish pete ag06
AG
So DPW is not the AH queen, it's EBON
oldarmy1
AG
I would think this forum would have banners and party icons all over the place for ONTX. We HAVE to have people with 30,40,100k net free shares after all the 30 cent to 60 cent strategies. And if late to the party the 45 to 70 swings identified.

FbgTxAg
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I would think this forum would have banners and party icons all over the place for ONTX. We HAVE to have people with 30,40,100k net free shares after all the 30 cent to 60 cent strategies. And if late to the party the 45 to 70 swings identified.

We chose poorly.
AggieChemist
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I bought at open and sold 90% this afternoon so now I have 100 free shares.
sts7049
AG
i think it's SOS
SpeedyAg90
AG
News for SHMP ! https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2021/02/17/2177532/0/en/NaturalShrimp-Inc-Appoints-Peter-Najarian-to-its-Advisory-Board.html
cgh1999
AG
My boss keeps reminding me that you can't make big bucks until you add a digit or two. I've historically never bet more than $1000 on any stock from the internet. I was just cherry picking stocks here and there with my primary investments focused on more traditional names with large positions. I'm not mad at what I achieved in those stocks/funds, but missed out on some great names.

I'm probably a c/d student of all the learning available on this thread, but I'm taking bigger bets and using the strategies to go net free on stocks/options as fast as possible. My tax bill for 2021 is going to be ugly with short term capital gains (hopefully the trend continues), but that's definitely a first world problem.
Sex Panther
AG
Anyone have thoughts on Generac (GNRC)?

Up almost 30% over the last 5 days (shocker), but I would think they could keep it up for a few weeks after things go back to normal
Mr President Elect
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Only 5k net free remaining here. I missed all the fun with the buy and sell half cycles. But did get in the last time when it fell back in to the .20's.
HalifaxAg
AG
FbgTxAg said:

aggies4life said:

$EBON. Any target/exit? Or just go net free?

Hopefully back to 7.49 Friday, then to the moon.
I'm wondering what time tonight/early morning does it plummet before coming back up during the day?

Every time I try to time stuff like that I fail horribly, so I'll likely sit it out, but damn FOMO.
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

30k net free shares at $0.25 here
irish pete ag06
AG
HalifaxAg said:

FbgTxAg said:

aggies4life said:

$EBON. Any target/exit? Or just go net free?

Hopefully back to 7.49 Friday, then to the moon.
I'm wondering what time tonight/early morning does it plummet before coming back up during the day?

Every time I try to time stuff like that I fail horribly, so I'll likely sit it out, but damn FOMO.
10 am... It's been bandied about on this very thread, but the main shakeout seems to happen around 10am then things somewhat return to normal.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
Looking into IZEA. Saw it alerted by Radio Silent.

Blockchain stock.
Slappy007
AG
oldarmy1 said:

20k net free here. I've made money a couple of different times on this one. Trust in the OA MA (mass accumulation) plays and you will benefit long term.
kyledr04
AG
jeremy said:

### BOLD PREDICTION###

Disclaimer- Don't buy anything because of me, Just putting my reputation on the line to call a shot based on my analysis. I'm a newb, but have been boning up and have a screener that has proven effective.

Aapl finally goes up tonight/tomorrow. I don't yet know how to predict how high it will ride, but I'm saying it will go up a couple of dollars tomorrow (or more, still don't know how high)

SNDL isn't done and is going to be returning up tomorrow.

That's it. Feel free to haze and ban me if I missed the boat. I've been studying like mad with the down weather this week and I'm feeling good on these two. I'm getting stir-crazy, that's why I posted my prediction for the texags world to see. I obviously could have done this without announcing to everyone.

I'll be back to eat some crow tomorrow or high-five those that are in these two positions waiting for some gains to come back.

A big AAPL run over the next 2 days would be epic. If you look back over the last 6 or 8 months, every time the daily price and 8ema went below the 21 and even close to the 50 then a big run happened in a few days. That trend might not hold up but tomorrow might be the day. It would be awesome.
agdaddy04
AG
I must've not been checking this thread enough in regards to ONTX.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I didn't accumulate nearly enough ONTX over the summer, but it is fantastic to own shares at a net cost of $0.25.

I focused on OSTK and CWH instead. Starting to be worth it but not at that scale.
mazag08
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I didn't accumulate nearly enough ONTX over the summer, but it is fantastic to own shares at a net cost of $0.25.
Until the stock plummets to $0.10
Slappy007
AG
mazag08 said:

That's the whole point of net free. Get net free, set it, and forget it.
cisgenderedAggie
jeremy said:

### BOLD PREDICTION###

Disclaimer- Don't buy anything because of me, Just putting my reputation on the line to call a shot based on my analysis. I'm a newb, but have been boning up and have a screener that has proven effective.

Aapl finally goes up tonight/tomorrow. I don't yet know how to predict how high it will ride, but I'm saying it will go up a couple of dollars tomorrow (or more, still don't know how high)

SNDL isn't done and is going to be returning up tomorrow.

That's it. Feel free to haze and ban me if I missed the boat. I've been studying like mad with the down weather this week and I'm feeling good on these two. I'm getting stir-crazy, that's why I posted my prediction for the texags world to see. I obviously could have done this without announcing to everyone.

I'll be back to eat some crow tomorrow or high-five those that are in these two positions waiting for some gains to come back.

I don't see it with SNDL. They're probably not really more than about a $350M market cap company that says they plan to sell a billion in shares over the next few months. Absent Meme stonk behavior alone, that has to be a big headwind. I dumped everything today for 100% profit on the play over the last 3 weeks. Buy in again if it drops below $1, but I'm calling it a win at this point and trying not to look back.
wanderer
ES=F running AH to 3936. It's a good thing, but always scares me since gap ups have been selling off pretty quickly here lately.
Slappy007
AG
Slappy007 said:

mazag08 said:

That's the whole point of net free. Get net free, set it, and forget it
One of the things that worked for me is having two accounts, my trading account and my net free/long term account. I keep my net free stocks in one account and look at them very infrequently. I have to have things compartmentalized in order for me to be effective. I hated having to see my P/L fluctuate like it did, but have seen loved seeing the other account move up over time.
Mr President Elect
AG
It was early summer when I first saw it mentioned, but they had been accumulating well before that. It ran up to 1.50 but then nosedived the next day. I started adding them then in hopes of getting in on the accumulate below .30 and sell half at .45, rinse and repeat cycle.
irish pete ag06
AG
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

Blockchain stock.
Interesting company. An "influencer" network. Looks like an alt coin mining operation as well with my brief reading.
sts7049
AG
i did the same today
austinAG90
AG
60k net free @ $.37
cisgenderedAggie
Slappy007 said:

Slappy007 said:

mazag08 said:

That's the whole point of net free. Get net free, set it, and forget it
One of the things that worked for me is having two accounts, my trading account and my net free/long term account. I keep my net free stocks in one account and look at them very infrequently. I have to have things compartmentalized in order for me to be effective. I hated having to see my P/L fluctuate like it did, but have seen loved seeing the other account move up over time.

There's still something about the net free psychology I don't get. Let's say you have 30K net free in ONTX. That's $45k at close today. I get that there's no need to stress if it drops to $0.1, because that's still $3K up. What I don't get is the forgetting about it. It's still a paper position if never realized and it isn't producing revenue through dividends or covered calls. Forgetting it makes it effectively dead.

I might be poisoned on this one because I've worked with Onconova in the past (disclaimer: it was years ago and I'm in no conceivable way at risk of insider trading). They are never going to be a blockbuster biopharma. That said, since ONTX has been part of my learning experience over the last year, it seems like a point that is relevant to other companies too. There's very few likely cases where I'm going to have such a strong belief about the stonk's business case or lack therof, especially when most are not in my industry. At some point, don't you just need to take the W and move on?
Mostly Foggy Recollection
irish pete ag06 said:

Blockchain stock.
Interesting company. An "influencer" network. Looks like an alt coin mining operation as well with my brief reading.

Sorry... trying to bathe kids with intermittent power is tough and getting them settled. Working on this now.

Quick glance at the chart looks good. I'll come back later.
irish pete ag06
AG

irish pete ag06 said:

Blockchain stock.

Sorry... trying to bathe kids with intermittent power is tough and getting them settled. Working on this now.

Quick glance at the chart looks good. I'll come back later.
I'm in the same boat, dude.
Madmarttigan
AG
Sometimes overthinking biopharm isn't the answer and you just miss out on the wins the charts are showing.

I think SYN, as a pharmacist, is a ridiculous investment with a drug that will likely never ever be used or paid for by insurance companies, but some people here have made good money off of it.

ONTX I honestly haven't looked into their drug line, but I have enjoyed the ride and I am taking the win however slowly. Sold some at 0.93, 1.48, and will see where we go tomorrow. Might take some before 2 and leave a small portion to see where the wind takes it.

I do think biopharms shouldn't be the typical net free strategy and should take wins a little more aggressively, but I would also say don't try to think about their success too hard because most of them don't make sense.
Formerly tv1113
gougler08
AG
Yeah I've been selling some shares as it comes up to take profits and will continue to do it every 0.50 or so
Spaceship
AG
I've paid zero attention to the market the past two days except setting a few limits on swing trades, and been dealing with outages, ice, snow, pipe paranoia, no internet, super spotty cell service and young kids in the house. I was hoping to log in and see CLOV and UWMC celebrating huge gains, but looks to be business as usual for them...
Madmarttigan
AG
I am very interested to see how insane the shorted shares have grown on CLOV. Willing to bet it has doubled from 1/29.
Formerly tv1113
First Page Last Page
Page 3270 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.