Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,073,193 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by El_duderino
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
NXTD moonshot. Nice one guys. I'm not in it, but what a candle.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
GigEmRangers75455
Bitcoin over 52k now. I picked a hell of a time to go heavy DPW and EBON this week. Thanks for pointing out here.
FJ43
FbgTxAg said:

You guys that read charts - TSNP looks like it's building a bull flag, no? Ready to rip?
If it was me I would hang tight here and wait for a reversal of the retracement. It may have bottom here but I would be looking for movement back towards Model T of $1.39. Bounced off the 21 Day EMA though.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

fastgreens
AG
Amazing call on NXTD!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
59 South said:

Hey 30k, since you're pretty good at selling premium, what's your rules for buying back sold puts? I sold quite a bit of TRIT 2/19 7.5 puts last week for $.70. They're at $.10 x .15 right now. Would you close them now, wait for $.05, or let them go to 0? I actually wouldn't mind owning more if I were to get called out.
I wish I could tell you I had a consistent strategy. I normally take the profits at 80-90% of max unless the move away from the short strike is so extreme, that its unlikely it will get there.

For TRIT - I would probably buy back at 0.05
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

Something to point out is that 99% of the short term trades on this thread, fintwit and retail in general is purely Beta based and not by finding any Alpha.

This strategy will only be successful in a trending market like we have had since 2016. You can clearly see this on a day like today - markets are barely red and I'm sure many are seeing deep red in their ports due to the high beta names that retail heavily trades.

I see mentions of people wanting to do this for a living. You have to have an alpha based strategy if you ever want to do this for life. If you only rely on beta as a strategy, its always feast or famine, and if you play long enough, you'll incur heavy losses.
This is one of the best posts in recent memory on the thread. I am no master expert, but I always know if something is a IV based trade or fundamentally based, and I plan accordingly.
Aggies1322
AG
Does anyone here like the long term outlook of CLDR? They have beat earning the last 4 quarters and I think data solutions is a growth sector. They pulled back off their 52 wk high and I am considering entering.
ag94whoop
AG
My internet went out when I was trying to buy into NXTD earlier and didnt get in before the rocket.
So I missed on that ride.

Good call out though.

Maybe I can get in on a dip at some point
Mostly Foggy Recollection
I Just got power back and missed that. I'll look for a pull back.

Come on DPW!
FishrCoAg
AG
fastgreens said:

Amazing call on NXTD!
It was. I sold Feb 2.5puts
FJ43
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

Come on DPW!
Quick chart for ya. 5 Yr. Weekly chart. Check out that volume week of 12/12/20 then again 2/7/21.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I got into NXTD over the summer and had sort of forgotten about it. Just went net free.
mazag08
AG
SNDL

Quote:

02:52 PM EST, 02/17/2021 (MT Newswires) -- (Updates with Nasdaq compliance news in fourth paragraph and stock move in fifth paragraph.)
Sundial Growers (SNDL) on Tuesday filed a registration statement covering the potential sale of up to $1 billion in securities.
The securities, which may be offered from time to time, include common shares, preferred shares, warrants, rights, and units, according to a filing with the US Securities and Exchange Commission.
Unless otherwise stated in a prospectus supplement, net proceeds from the sale will be used for general corporate purposes.
The company announced early Wednesday that it had regained compliance with Nasdaq's minimum bid price rule to maintain its listing.
Shares of Sundial were down 19% in afternoon trading on Wednesday.
Price: 1.77, Change: -0.42, Percent Change: -19.18
http://www.mtnewswires.com Copyright 2021 MT Newswires. All rights reserved. MT Newswires does not provide investment advice. Unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited.
sts7049
AG
glad i followed my gut and got out this morning
cisgenderedAggie
mazag08 said:

SNDL

Quote:

02:52 PM EST, 02/17/2021 (MT Newswires) -- (Updates with Nasdaq compliance news in fourth paragraph and stock move in fifth paragraph.)
Sundial Growers (SNDL) on Tuesday filed a registration statement covering the potential sale of up to $1 billion in securities.
The securities, which may be offered from time to time, include common shares, preferred shares, warrants, rights, and units, according to a filing with the US Securities and Exchange Commission.
Unless otherwise stated in a prospectus supplement, net proceeds from the sale will be used for general corporate purposes.
The company announced early Wednesday that it had regained compliance with Nasdaq's minimum bid price rule to maintain its listing.
Shares of Sundial were down 19% in afternoon trading on Wednesday.
Price: 1.77, Change: -0.42, Percent Change: -19.18
http://www.mtnewswires.com Copyright 2021 MT Newswires. All rights reserved. MT Newswires does not provide investment advice. Unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited.

Is this good or bad?
irish pete ag06
AG

Come on DPW!
DPW feels like the AH ripper today.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I bought OPEN shares, sold March $40CC against the full set for $2.25, sold March $30P for $3.70.

fastgreens
AG
I bought a few calls and went net free real quick!
Mostly Foggy Recollection
5 bucks here it come!
FJ43
If someone bought the March 7.50s for .25 they are about a 4X trade here in an hour. Nuts. Just nuts.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Buy the AAPL dip
CPDAggie10
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Buy the AAPL dip
I bought some Friday 2/19 $134 calls as a rare gamble play for me.
FJ43
Y'all might want to maybe keep an eye on this one.

CRBP

Medicines targeting the endocannabinoid system. Didn't get the results they hoped for back in September and stock sold off. See recent volume. Does someone know something or typical cannabis play?

Too much volume to ignore trade wise. On watch for me.

Edit: Was $9.40 in September.

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
irish pete ag06 said:

Come on DPW!
DPW feels like the AH ripper today.
The ol' double entendre..
sts7049
AG
i think atlas has been chirping about them. that could explain the volume
Fireman
AG
$NVDA - BTFD#
FJ43
BFT where ya going?

AgShaun00
AG
FJ43 said:

Y'all might want to maybe keep an eye on this one.

CRBP

Medicines targeting the endocannabinoid system. Didn't get the results they hoped for back in September and stock sold off. See recent volume. Does someone know something or typical cannabis play?

Too much volume to ignore trade wise. On watch for me.

Edit: Was $9.40 in September.
it was a ripster play and pharm was on it also.
HouAggie
AG
High level option question.

I bought some 3/19 $5 WWR puts on Feb 8 for $0.40. At the time, WWR was trading at roughly $11.

Now, the underlying is $7.50, yet my put has dropped in value to $0.30.

$11 to $7.50 seems like a healthy decrease to not only NOT see an increase in the put value, but for it to have actually decreased.

Is this common/normal? Am I missing something?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
whoa BFT
AgsnFly
AG
Out of my /VX futures this morning. Booked around $4/contract. Good day to be long volatility.
sts7049
AG
i think the WWR premiums are still pretty juiced up, given how much action the stock price has had above its current level. and so at the $5 strike they haven't caught up yet
BrokeAssAggie
CLOV covered call and Puts clarification. Bear with me because I'm a little slow.

I currently hold a 2/19 $20 call with a purchase price of $0.963. On Friday nothing will happen here and I will collect $96.30 in premium.

I also sold two 2/19 $12.5 Puts at $1.133 price. On Friday I will collect $222 in premium and purchase 200 shares of CLOV at $12.5 $2,2500. Therefore, my net purchase price for the 200 shares would be $10.91 per share?

This is assuming CLOV closes below $12.5 on Friday
sts7049
AG
EGOC with a big jump a few minutes ago
First Page Last Page
Page 3268 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.