Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,074,479 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by El_duderino
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LOTZ is back over $10. I wish I had sold the $10 puts two weeks ago like I wanted.
Touchless
AG
Rydyn said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

Agrify is indoor growing technology. guess what will explode when pot is legal!

bridgetown is a Peter Thiel SPAC.

So, if pot is legal is it still going to be an indoor crop? Or, just a nice big field somewhere in Mexico?
I think it will still be primarily indoor. Indoor is a 100% controlled environment and they're able to grow a significantly more plants that way and be very efficient with it. There's too much science that goes into some of the different variants now that I doubt it could be duplicated at the same level outdoors.
Drillbit4
AG
Sold EBON mar $15 calls for $2.65
LOYAL AG
AG
DubFalls said:

BREwmaster said:

evan_aggie said:

Remind me again why anyone is playing with Apple? They've reached a high valuation and saturation, no?

I mean why not run out and buy Nvidia calls?
bc AAPL is going to be in EV and crypto soon. Long term AAPL will be in a bit of everything. iCar, iPhone, iUndies?

The new line of feminine products, the iPad
iPon. iPad is already an Apple product.
LarryL
McInnis 03 said:

Y'all, based on option flow I think GSAT is worth looking at. I already have a slew of net free July $3 and $4 calls, but today, the Mar 3.5C and 4C are getting absolutely bombarded. You may buy yourself a little time and go to April, but I think there are worse plays than this out there.
Thanks, got some Mar and Apr $4
Engine10
AG
Covered calls keeping the pain to a minimum today - 50% shares covered on WWR $12.5 jumped quite a bit.
Post removed:
by user
Fireman
AG
Anyone considering $RIG? If we reduce shale play production, would we not go back to offshore drilling? Higher oil prices would support that as well. I'm watching this one looking for a potential entry.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I am waiting for a bit more premium erosion on WWR in order to buy back the feb 7.5s, and then resell a future strike.
HalifaxAg
AG
LOYAL AG said:

DubFalls said:

BREwmaster said:

evan_aggie said:

Remind me again why anyone is playing with Apple? They've reached a high valuation and saturation, no?

bc AAPL is going to be in EV and crypto soon. Long term AAPL will be in a bit of everything. iCar, iPhone, iUndies?

If they setup in Vegas, they could market the Ipoon too
ag94whoop
AG

I am waiting for a bit more premium erosion on WWR in order to buy back the feb 7.5s, and then resell a future strike.
How far do we see WWR falling? I bought 3000 shares at about $9 and trying to figure out whether I should consider averaging down. But i totally missed the average downs on CLOV so I want to wait until I think I am at bottom on WWR if I do so. Otherwise I may have to learn more about options....lol
59 South
AG
Just my opinion which really doesn't matter, but this looks like a market about to rip higher. Some hot names have had some decent sell offs, but bears can't get any momentum. I think a lot of people are getting nervous about locking in their gains. Meanwhile Kathie and others are buying the heck out of every little dip.
wanderer
ag94whoop said:

How far do we see WWR falling? I bought 3000 shares at about $9 and trying to figure out whether I should consider averaging down. But i totally missed the average downs on CLOV so I want to wait until I think I am at bottom on WWR if I do so. Otherwise I may have to learn more about options....lol
Read up on selling puts and implement that on WWR in order to average down.
Brock Sampson
AG
Anybody still in ONTX?
cisgenderedAggie
Brock Sampson said:

Anybody still in ONTX?

Hoping they come for my long standing $2 sell order.
SquareOne07
AG
Brock Sampson said:

Anybody still in ONTX?
Me me me!

I was set to get in @ open today, but the damn power wouldn't let me in until about 10:30
59 South
AG
Hey 30k, since you're pretty good at selling premium, what's your rules for buying back sold puts? I sold quite a bit of TRIT 2/19 7.5 puts last week for $.70. They're at $.10 x .15 right now. Would you close them now, wait for $.05, or let them go to 0? I actually wouldn't mind owning more if I were to get called out.
Aggie_2463
AG
Fireman said:

Anyone considering $RIG? If we reduce shale play production, would we not go back to offshore drilling? Higher oil prices would support that as well. I'm watching this one looking for a potential entry.

Been in it over a year road it from $7 down to $0.90 buying different intervals. I just want to see $4 at this point lol
tailgatetimer10
AG
Brock Sampson said:

Anybody still in ONTX?

I've already net freed this holding, re purchased back in the 20's... so what the hell do i do now? like this is free money made off free money that i have in this stock right now? Ride it to the moon?
2percent
AG
59 South said:

Just my opinion which really doesn't matter, but this looks like a market about to rip higher. Some hot names have had some decent sell offs, but bears can't get any momentum. I think a lot of people are getting nervous about locking in their gains. Meanwhile Kathie and others are buying the heck out of every little dip.
The market rips down, it hardly ever rips back up. So pick and choose wisely. You will probably not be able to offset all of your loses as quickly as the hit you. It takes time. think of all the charts we look at and the very basis of the Model T. you see much slower tracks back up and then the only promise of the formula is 50% of the high position.

So doubling down to recoup your losses is sometimes not the right strategy and will not always get you back to where you were.

Step back for a second and choose positions based on your normal strategy that works for you. Don't change your strategy and jump in because something is down with the belief that it will go right back to where it was immediately.
cisgenderedAggie
ag94whoop said:

This is probably too disjointed to be worth anything and I don't have a data model to support, but I think this might be a low. WWR ran real hard the last few weeks and my guess is there was a lot of open interest on $7.5 calls anyway...and this week is Feb expiry. The sell volume looks real low to me compared to buys in 1, 2, 5, 30 min and 1. 4, and 8 hr candles over that time and premiums on March 7.5 are still near $2.

I think this is consolidating around options expiration.
ProgN
ag94whoop said:

If the macro markets do enter a 5-7% pullback, you should be able to get WWR in the 6's.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I have grinded back to break even. bonus if BFT takes off!
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Multiple burst pipes at my apartment complex so they shut off the water supply, I got out of the shower and got my teeth brushed right as the pipes were emptying out. Thankfully I have had power this whole time but might not have running water until Saturday at the earliest.

Also, my entire portfolio is red today
leoj
AG
$SPY making a recovery
arrow
AG
Last OPEX $WWR ended at $5 on the penny. I'll be real impressed if we close at $7.50 this week. Hoping for $7.49.
59 South
AG
2percent said:

59 South said:

The market rips down, it hardly ever rips back up. So pick and choose wisely. You will probably not be able to offset all of your loses as quickly as the hit you. It takes time. think of all the charts we look at and the very basis of the Model T. you see much slower tracks back up and then the only promise of the formula is 50% of the high position.

So doubling down to recoup your losses is sometimes not the right strategy and will not always get you back to where you were.

Step back for a second and choose positions based on your normal strategy that works for you. Don't change your strategy and jump in because something is down with the belief that it will go right back to where it was immediately.
My comments were merely just comments based on price action and the fact that newer traders/investors are doom and gloom over a freaking macro 8 (!!!) day EMA test that has just bounced back up hard. SPX is in a sideways consolidation period over the past few days at all time highs after a sharp and quick V selloff a couple weeks ago that was bought up with extreme authority.

You must not be familiar with my process or strategy. I haven't bought or sold anything this week, and the only thing I did last week was buy shares and sell equal sized puts on TRIT. So I'm not buying, but I'm also not selling. I'm holding shares in 7 stocks that I've held between 1 week and 2+ years. After big runs, I sell some shares and/or covered calls. After big selloffs, I buy some shares and/or sell puts that are covered by usually a 10-20% cash position that gets built up from selling premium.

Just putting it out there because there are all kinds of different strategies that can work (or not work).

Y'all have at it... I need some dinner
oldarmy1
AG
leoj said:

$SPY making a recovery
Broke the 3915 SPX and ignited buyers. Close above that and all the upside comes into play.
evan_aggie
AG
oldarmy1 said:

evan_aggie said:

If markets reverse into a major correction NVDA will be $380.

Sure. I guess, I was just throwing out another example of a stock that seems inflated. So why people treat Apple like something that is sure to happen eminently vs Nvidia is beyond me.
FJ43
Just an idea for the forum.

NXTD

Believe BREWmaster posted about this not long ago. You can sell March 19 $2.50 Puts for $1.00 now. Chart shows where your costs basis would be if assigned or keep the money.

Chart looks like it may break out again to me. You can see where it is now and ranged today even with SPY movements.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

oldarmy1
AG
This. Yeah I/we have some losses on options and shares but the shares can and will bounce back very quickly should we engage upward. As 59 noted most are at the 8 or 21DMA. AAPL is actually one that moved all the way below its 50DMA and is fighting back.

Options need trend and the flat to consolidating markets are not the friend of call options anymore than the upward trend is kind to Puts.
oldarmy1
AG
FJ43 said:

Just an idea for the forum.

NXTD

Believe BREWmaster posted about this not long ago. You can sell March 19 $2.50 Puts for $1.00 now. Chart shows where your costs basis would be if assigned or keep the money.

Chart looks like it may break out again to me. You can see where it is now and ranged today even with SPY movements.

That's a good looking chart and has options.

NXT ID ($NXTD) close to moving higher (fxstreet.com)
oldarmy1
AG
I still see it moving above $150 and as high as $170. Everything is negative on AAPL. Short volume doubled. Spotify competition pressure. Warren Buffet selling some and entering 3 new positions.

But AAPL still is the King. Has designs on 20 new technologies and leadership that knows how to innovate and select the right things to focus on.

AND AND! Has a shareholder meeting in 3 days. Let's just see how it does.
62strat
AG
LOYAL AG said:

DubFalls said:

BREwmaster said:

evan_aggie said:

iBleed
First Page Last Page
Page 3266 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.