Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,049,164 Views | 231657 Replies | Last: 16 min ago by Cru
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
oldarmy1 said:

No time to wait for advanced trading tactics on REI. This is called angling in to a late mover. I bought a bunch of shares and I sale the $2.50 covered calls out months from here on 50%. If it's above $2.50 then you just got a net free angle in trade. If it's below $2.50 then you just reduced your hold price significantly to "catch up" with earlier entries.
I bought but used the Feb 19 for $0.21. I'm completely fine buying for $1.60 and selling for $2.71 with two weeks of work.
FbgTxAg
AG
AAPL has to fight tooth and nail to gain every penny. Some folks out there having to fight just as hard against it. When they throw in the towel, it's going to absolutely rip.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I like how NLS looks on the 1 hour.
Jet Black
Is there a price target on REI?
FbgTxAg
AG
I see you SNDL.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
BearkatRunner88
AG
FbgTxAg said:

AAPL has to fight tooth and nail to gain every penny. Some folks out there having to fight just as hard against it. When they throw in the towel, it's going to absolutely rip.
Hope that's today. Have a ton of 138s expiring today...could be a nice day if it runs past it...otherwise I'll just end up like I do every friday playing lottos ha
Bird Poo
AG
FbgTxAg said:

All I know is that the decay is starting to get real for my 142 calls
Brewmaster
AG
someone was laughing at me for selling XL and buying CCIV. I bought dip Wednesday, and just sold a Feb 45C for 4.00.
Whoop!
MaroonDynasty
RESN on a very nice tear today!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
backintexas2013 said:

Anybody got a yolo play for this afternoon

Spy calls?
Aapl calls?
NET puts?
(All 0dte, of course)
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Bob Knights Liver said:

I sold my AMZN 3330/3350/3370 flies today and got back capital for all of my flies that expire today. I am holding the 3390/3400/3410 flies for ten baggers or bust.

I needed to make this a public announcement so I don't wuss out and sell them for 300%. No one likes a wussy, Bob.

It looks like I should have held the 3350 flies and sold the 3400s as my net free. It's almost like the institutions have been reading my posts the last two weeks.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
How do you know when to take profits, or roll an option?

Currently debating between closing out of my AAPL weekly or rolling it to next week when it probably rips.
Bird Poo
AG
fooz said:

McInnis 03 said:

NLS with the "**** YOU MCINNIS" pattern.
Did you stopped or still holding?
PTON got some upgrades today. NLS trying to recover.
0708aggie
AG
Bought back my $10 2/19 CC's on WWR for 1.55
Sold $15 3/19 CC's on WWR for 1.65

Sold $15 5/19 CC's on MVIS for 3.10
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Currently debating between closing out of my AAPL weekly or rolling it to next week when it probably rips.

Maybe a little of each? Think about your original price target when you made the trade. If you're at or over I think I'd take the profits. If you're under you might roll. Maybe if you take profits you roll 1 just in case?
jbeck3487
AG
NRD09 said:

backintexas2013 said:

Anybody got a yolo play for this afternoon

Spy calls?
Aapl calls?
NET puts?
(All 0dte, of course)
I'm watching ZM. Look for it to bounce off rising 60 min support and push to HOD. 420 or 425 calls expiring today. Supply on the daily chart is 430. That would be all out point if it gets there.
oldarmy1
AG
FbgTxAg said:

Yup....if you have a lot of cash sidelined do something similar to what I did in my dad's account two days ago at lower levels. Trade works the same. Buy the Feb 12 $136 Puts now on however many shares you are going to hold long. Then sit and see if we move higher into close. The Puts will lose some but not as much as the gain in shares. More importantly the call options prices will move upward. If it rips before closing you may consider just holding. If it eases up above $137.30 then you sell a factor of shares $140 covered calls out to Feb 26 that the PREMIUM (Currently $2.64) offsets nearly 2:1 the Put cost and only do so on 50% of the shares bought. Looks like this.

Entered 10k $136.90 shares

Bought 100 $136 Feb 12 Puts $1.50

Enter 50 Feb 26 $140 covered calls at $2.62

You have $3 in gains if AAPL runs like expected on 5000 shares. You have downside protection at $136 on 100% of the trade with the 100 Puts PAID FOR with the 50 covered call premium. You have 5000 shares riding free to amass the top side gains through next Friday before having to make a decision.
Spudman
AG
oldarmy1 said:

FbgTxAg said:

Yup....if you have a lot of cash sidelined do something similar to what I did in my dad's account two days ago at lower levels. Trade works the same. Buy the Feb 12 $136 Puts now on however many shares you are going to hold long. Then sit and see if we move higher into close. The Puts will lose some but not as much as the gain in shares. More importantly the call options prices will move upward. If it rips before closing you may consider just holding. If it eases up above $137.30 then you sell a factor of shares $140 covered calls out to Feb 26 that the PREMIUM (Currently $2.64) offsets nearly 2:1 the Put cost and only do so on 50% of the shares bought. Looks like this.

You have $3 in gains if AAPL runs like expected on 5000 shares. You have downside protection at $136 on 100% of the trade with the 100 Puts PAID FOR with the 50 covered call premium. You have 5000 shares riding free to amass the top side gains through next Friday before having to make a decision.
Awesome strategy right there, thanks!

Also pretty big league.....(quickly checks account --- yeah, I'll just watch this one)
FJ43
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

If me and I have 2, I take the profits on one and roll the other.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

0708aggie
AG
Wow the cash outlay there is amazing.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
FbgTxAg said:

Well not sure I understand what all is going on with it, but just bought 4 more shares.

I figure it's never a bad idea to buy more AAPL anyway. It's now my largest held individual stock between brokerage/roth.
agdaddy04
AG
What are people seeing with SAVA? Fallen quite a bit from its peak.
59 South
AG
oldarmy1 said:

FbgTxAg said:

Absolutely beautiful. Now if I could just talk my parents into such a risky trade as this.
Spudman
AG
I also shamelessly copied & pasted this to my trading strategy notebook.
FJ43
0708aggie said:

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Bob Knights Paper Hands
You could do it for 200 shares, buy 2 puts, sell the 1 call, but yeah it gets expensive playing with the $100+ stocks.
YNWA_AG
AG
QD $3
FbgTxAg
AG
The VIXs going green y'all....
oldarmy1
AG
0708aggie said:

We have some millionaires on here, but you can do the same strategy with 300 shares. You need 3 Puts so you can sell 1 covered call. If I were doing it as a smaller trade I'd buy the shares here and use a $138 covered call so you only have to sell 1 to cover your Put side premium. You don't care so much about that 100 shares. You are using the tools available to position for a run on the 200 open shares.
agdaddy04
AG
FbgTxAg said:

The VIXs going green y'all....
So this means market about to turn red?
KT 90
AG
YNWA_AG said:

QD $3

Yep, this China Joe pick is doing well. #SHBM

McInnis 03
AG
FJ43 said:

You go BLNK !

Do I get too count this one too? (Although I did tell people to hold off at first)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well...that was the wrong time to buy. Ugh.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
When I first started trading, I'd experiment with plays and buy under 10 shares each play, and then experiment that way based on % gain/loss.

It's no sweat off your back, money wise, if you're a beginner with a few thousand in your trading account.

Something to think about to hone your skills.

You could also paper trade on TDA. I'm sure others offer it too.
McInnis 03
AG
fooz said:

McInnis 03 said:

NLS with the "**** YOU MCINNIS" pattern.
Did you stopped or still holding?

Stopped
First Page Last Page
Page 3121 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.