Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,049,060 Views | 231657 Replies | Last: 14 min ago by Cru
Mostly Foggy Recollection
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No, this is a good time to buy (really anything under 138, IMO).

AAPL has a lot of upside here. Don't crunch pennies right here.
FbgTxAg
AG
agdaddy04 said:

FbgTxAg said:

The VIXs going green y'all....
So this means market about to turn red?

Correct
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
FTAG 2000
AG
agdaddy04 said:

What are people seeing with SAVA? Fallen quite a bit from its peak.
I'm more than net free, but it's going to drift back down. To what, not sure.

But they don't start up phase 3 until Q2, and that will last I'm not sure how long (end of year? spring?)

Won't see a huge boom on price again until after phase 3. Of if they get bought out.
David_Puddy
AG
David_Puddy said:

Might be a dumb question, so please forgive me if so but I've never really done any options trading before.

So I bought in on CCIV after doing some DD and reading some correlations with executives on this potential LUCID merger. My entry price was $15.30. It's now sitting at over $34 right now and if this merger does go through it should make a nice move from there. What is my best strategy to hedge some of it? Sell a portion? Put options?

I understand the risk of investing in a SPAC, and I know that if this deal doesn't go through this stock will plummet. I've got a stop loss set at $27 but if they make an announcement that it's off the table during non market hours, that isn't going to matter (since I don't have the capability of trading after hours or during pre market). Any helpful advice/suggestions would be much appreciated.

Anybody? I just got approved for after market trading so I've decided to keep my stop loss on during market hours and have a price alert set a few dollars above my stop loss in case any bad news breaks after hours so I can quickly sell,
mrad85
AG
GILD moving up. I might be able to do something with my 2/19 $70 calls
Prophet00
AG
For many of us starting out, have to get comfortable with a limited playbook as you learn with a few grand. It makes the options game a little more difficult unless you are focusing on ~$1-2/share positions or willing to place a large % of your capital on individual trades.

I love using covered calls to work into a net free position, but if you get over $4-5/share, you're using half of your capital to buy 200 shares then sell CCs on half of them.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
we're back to prices not seen since 11 AM.

On a serious note, this is hardly a VIX spike. Of course it could sell off into the close and we could lose 5%, but I see no evidence it will.

K-Bob
AG
I followed this thread for 6 months paper trading before I started using real dollars..........unfortunately. lol

Profit is not profit when you're paper trading, but learned alot.
That's why paper trading on TDA might not be a bad route. At least to get used to it before your account gets large enough.

Agreed.

Nothing wrong with that either. I know it hurts missing the booked gains in your account, but it's better than jumping in and getting burned.
Remember me talking about the 20 point move on AAPL.

Go take a look at the volume on the March 160s....
Prophet00
AG
Yep, I use both on TOS. On my cash account I'm mainly buying shares, or holding 1-2 option positions that are fairly straightforward and simple. I use paper money to learn more about the mechanics around leveraging calls and puts to protect my position.

I have to take the emotion out of FOMO. So many great ideas on this forum that are out of reach as I learn, simply because I haven't committed enough capital while I am educating myself. But running those on paper shows me what could be.
FJ43
David_Puddy said:

David_Puddy said:

Might be a dumb question, so please forgive me if so but I've never really done any options trading before.

So I bought in on CCIV after doing some DD and reading some correlations with executives on this potential LUCID merger. My entry price was $15.30. It's now sitting at over $34 right now and if this merger does go through it should make a nice move from there. What is my best strategy to hedge some of it? Sell a portion? Put options?

I understand the risk of investing in a SPAC, and I know that if this deal doesn't go through this stock will plummet. I've got a stop loss set at $27 but if they make an announcement that it's off the table during non market hours, that isn't going to matter (since I don't have the capability of trading after hours or during pre market). Any helpful advice/suggestions would be much appreciated.

Anybody? I just got approved for after market trading so I've decided to keep my stop loss on during market hours and have a price alert set a few dollars above my stop loss in case any bad news breaks after hours so I can quickly sell,
After hours can often take large swings and flashes down but only to go back up. If you can react to alerts that is better but still have a mental stop you tap out.

That being said if you are playing rumor of merger and that is built into this run up and doesn't happen that can be risky. Maybe go net free here on half your shares. Just a thought anyway.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

gig em 02
$30,000 Millionaire said:

we're back to prices not seen since 11 AM.

On a serious note, this is hardly a VIX spike. Of course it could sell off into the close and we could lose 5%, but I see no evidence it will.

VXX has been rolling r/g all day, better liquidate!
Jet Black
REI?
FJ43
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

March 150s at 68k OI. Wow....
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Spudman
AG
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

Nice catch - almost equal to the 145s
OE_Ag11
AG
what are yall seeing as an exit/target for BLNK? has been ruining my day since I bought them a little high a few days ago when they had the new contract news
sts7049
AG
Aggie118
AG
MVIS over $12
agdaddy04
AG
what stock is that?
McInnis 03
AG
OE_Ag11 said:

what are yall seeing as an exit/target for BLNK? has been ruining my day since I bought them a little high a few days ago when they had the new contract news
I have 300 shares that are covered by 3 different calls at 2 different dates. I honestly like the chart. Supply is al under neath with only the upper bollinger band in the way. It's consolidating since it's last big leg up. I don't have a target, but it's profitable for me now, and will continue to be with these calls I'm rolling functionally. Another shot of good news in this sector or stock could sent it back up to push the highs.

Jet Black
REI
Post removed:
by user
sts7049
AG
yep

i'm in at 1.59, and i sold 6/21 CCs against half for .41
BT1395
AG
Net free on 500 shares of MVIS thanks to good buys and smart options strategies 100% coming from OA and this thread!!!

Will be donating some proceeds!
Bob Knights Paper Hands
agdaddy04 said:

What are people seeing with SAVA? Fallen quite a bit from its peak.

I see $55 puts I can sell for $12. If I get called out I've bought in at $43. If don't I keep a hefty premium.
SpongeBob
AG
Weird pricing on REI Sep calls. I was able to sell some $7.5s for the same price as $5s.
Aggie_2463
AG
In on some REI shares at $1.54

In on some APPL shares at $136.57

Let me know when I'm rich
FJ43
Aggie_2463 said:

In on some REI shares at $1.54

In on some APPL shares at $136.57

Let me know when I'm rich

If you bought enough of the REI you can sell Sept $5 covered calls for about $0.55. Your costs basis will be $1 or get called away on part for $5.55 total. Not too shabby and really reduced risk.

oldarmy1
AG
LYFT signal flashing. Feb 19 $55 calls
BourbonAg
AG
Not planning on doing it, but just so I know. If I buy to close the CC I sold this morning and then it goes back up and I sell it again, does that start getting into the pattern day trader rules?
oldarmy1
AG
I don't mind rolling the dice a little and risking a crazy run catching me, so I sold the same number of $7.50 REI covered calls for $0.40. Basically I would be exposing the other 50% of my shares but what I think happens is I get the $0.70 for the June $5 collected as well as the $0.40 for the Septembers.

DO NOT attempt this if you A) Don't have unlimited funds to chase and buy shares if a run occurs and B) Don't have systems to alert you to "A" and the ability to trade at 3am-7pm.
Post removed:
by user
McInnis 03
AG
Y'all, I have the Game of Thrones theme playing on my earbuds at the same time as Benzinga Charlie and trading...............this feels so............INTENSE.
First Page Last Page
Page 3122 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.