Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,608,194 Views | 226629 Replies | Last: 14 min ago by CC09LawAg
YNWA_AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Definitely filling the December 2018 gap tomorrow
thirdcoast
AG
WH declared this situation was in the hands of millennials.... market immediately tanked.
Pignorant
AG
Third worst percentage day on the S&P in history.
spongeboob_squaresharts
AG
Ford at $5.
IrishTxAggie
AG
thirdcoast said:

WH declared this situation was in the hands of millennials.... market immediately tanked.
Y'all's destiny belongs to me...
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
Prognightmare said:

docaggie said:

The difference is I work in a hospital. I'm a physician and leader of my group. I've got a hundred people who report to me (my hospital isn't small).

We all know people around the nation. Those in the states hit first have full hospitals - no beds. They can't discharge patients to the usual rehab, skilled nursing facility, nursing home, etc because they won't take COVID patients for fear of setting it loose in their facilities.

We worry that we won't have space for everyone, even those who aren't COVID patients but need admission.
Many hospitals are completely halting elective surgeries.
Blood supplies are low nationwide, mask supplies are low nationwide, beds and ventilators are occupied at a higher than normal rate.

Yes, you aren't likely to have a problem with COVID. But if you need admission to the hospital for, say, a car crash and the hospital is full of COVID patients? Now you've got a problem. So the effects of COVID are going to be much farther ranging than it appears at first glance.

I'm not discounting the impact, especially for hospitals and their personnel and thank you for your service. I am discounting the paranoia that this is causing and if, market talking now, you can keep a level head, the opportunity to take advantage of this is there.

I have a question, how many people are coming into the ER right now worried they have COVID-19 and do not?
A ton
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Talon2DSO
AG
salmon_says said:

Ford at $5.

Still overvalued
FriscoKid
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

thirdcoast said:

Y'all's destiny belongs to me...
Ah, hell
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Just got out of a meeting so it l missed the next big bite of VTI around Dow 20,250. Probably getting that chance tomorrow.....
oldarmy1
AG
I made good money on the SPY Puts but the decline on my slow buys took me well into the red. I'm committed now so seeking next buys.

Once markets bottom the initial explosion move will encompass buys being made through here. I'll increase the number of shares on the next buys and then be 75-80% all-in on a mass volume flash V.

Oh the pain the pain.
ProgN
Ok, but how many actually do have it?
Pignorant
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I made good money on the SPY Puts but the decline on my slow buys took me well into the red. I'm committed now so seeking next buys.

Once markets bottom the initial explosion move will encompass buys being made through here. I'll increase the number of shares on the next buys and then be 75-80% all-in on a mass volume flash V.

Oh the pain the pain.
Keep calm, stay strong, buy stocks.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
Prognightmare said:

Ok, but how many actually do have it?
A few
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Ragoo
AG
oldarmy1 said:

If we come out of it Macau will be ahead of us IMO. You been there? I was there once 4 years back.
no I have not. I am just not sure Wynn or LVS can expect much from that revenue source in the next 12-18 months.
wessimo
AG
PDEMDHC said:

DOW - 3000

Woah. Seems like a lot.
Aggie09Derek
AG
on TDAmeritrade if you hold an option into the close on expiration does it auto convert it for you?

My SPY puts from Friday are up 237% and expire wednesday - planned to hold until Wednesday more than likely.
leoj
AG
thirdcoast said:

Idk why, you can count on us
khaos288
AG
I'm officially in now. Got 2/3 of my cash left, but won't be selling in the short term.
sellthefarm
AG
We still buying ROKU???

I'm in at 80, again at 70. Should I hit it again at 60???
Harkrider 93
AG
OverSeas AG said:

Yeap... I am either going to come out ok on this in the long run...

Or I might be sweeping bathrooms somewhere.

so it is either :-) or :-(.
likely neither, because I am a really fast sweeper!
98PercenterAg
AG
Has there been any word on a target for ROKU after this smoke clears?
khaos288
AG
98percenterr said:

Has there been any word on a target for ROKU after this smoke clears?
110$ should be easy
claym711
AG
Why is anyone rushing to buy? There will be plenty of opportunities. This market will not be at new highs for quite some time (year+ minimum), and any bottom will be revisited except for the flash down V - and no one is going to nail that.

As I have been saying since February, the debt bubble is in serious jeopardy. The fallout from this will play out over months, not weeks. We are in a bear market.
khaos288
AG
You all ever get buys to fill AH with TDA? when I was on RH it was pretty good about filling, TDA I never get them.
Talon2DSO
AG
claym711 said:

Why is anyone rushing to buy? There will be plenty of opportunities. This market will not be at new highs for quite some time (year+ minimum), and any bottom will be revisited except for the flash down V - and no one is going to nail that.

As I have been saying since February, the debt bubble is in serious jeopardy. The fallout from this will play out over months, not weeks. We are in a bear market.

You're a bit optimistic. It's going to hurt for a long time. We've been living in a fantasy world and it's been disrupted. The economic ripple effect will be long lived well into 2023 or so
aggiedaniel06
AG
Prognightmare said:

I can see your point but this chaos is a media driven event for what really is just a contagious cold virus. If deaths were occurring like people are concerned about then the news would have a running counter like they did for the Iraq war when Bush was in office.

Here's my reasoning. Has anyone decreased their 401k contributions through their employers? The majority has not. That amount of cash accumulating on the sidelines grows by the week. You throw in the ultra easing by the Fed right now, in conjunction with them stating they have no plans to raise rates, then this spring gets coiled tighter everyday. When this turns out to be nowhere close to these end of the world predictions, look out because it's going to explode to the upside.

I'm not saying don't prepare and protect your family but I'm also saying don't ignore the incredible opportunity to gift your family a better life because of panic.

1. We are in a confirmed bear market with a possible recession. Bear markets do not turn around on a dime. We are only in the first or second inning of it.
2. Will stocks ever go up again? History says of course they will. But make no mistake, that could be weeks, months or more than a year down the line, given that this is an election year as well.
3. Use your common sense (even though there's nothing common about it) and ask yourself this:
What good reason is there to immediately expose more of your money to the market?
- Will Q1 earnings be good or bad?
- What about the uncertainties of an election year?
- What will be the psychological effect of the growing number of confirmed cases and deaths for the next 2 weeks?

Every catalyst points to more downside. Worst case scenario, you miss the bottom and maybe 10%. No Big deal! You already have so much exposure to the markets via your 401k's and your employment itself.

If you have infinite liquidity, go ahead and keep averaging down and bag hold for years. Otherwise, chill out and start buying once the bell curve of the cases/deaths starts to flatten. In fact, if you're impatient, buy some protection for your portfolio.

I'll give y'all a freebie: SPY 1900 Strike May 15 /April 17 Long Calendar Put Spread. Profit range is SPY 1700-2400 by expiration of the short leg.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Do you have the orders set for AH?
aginlakeway
AG
Prognightmare said:

I can see your point but this chaos is a media driven event for what really is just a contagious cold virus. If deaths were occurring like people are concerned about then the news would have a running counter like they did for the Iraq war when Bush was in office.

Here's my reasoning. Has anyone decreased their 401k contributions through their employers? The majority has not. That amount of cash accumulating on the sidelines grows by the week. You throw in the ultra easing by the Fed right now, in conjunction with them stating they have no plans to raise rates, then this spring gets coiled tighter everyday. When this turns out to be nowhere close to these end of the world predictions, look out because it's going to explode to the upside.

I'm not saying don't prepare and protect your family but I'm also saying don't ignore the incredible opportunity to gift your family a better life because of panic.
I've doubled mine.
McInnis 03
AG
khaos288 said:

You all ever get buys to fill AH with TDA? when I was on RH it was pretty good about filling, TDA I never get them.
Make sure you're choosing "EXT" as the timeframe to fill in the order.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
khaos288
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

JFC
Ragoo
AG
claym711 said:

I don't expect a snap back. I think a diligent investor will be happy with any buys made over the next 12-18 months. 5 years from now this may just be another blip in the chart.
ProgN
aggiedaniel06 said:

Prognightmare said:

Dude, seriously, your greenness is glaring. Your posts reek of desperation of someone who has an unhedged portfolio full of equities and due to severe cognitive dissonance, you keep averaging down.

I know you're not going to listen as I can see you have the inability to pivot your thinking regardless of the facts that are presented in front of you. So this is for the sake of all those who follow this thread and thereby might be influenced by your posts.

1. We are in a confirmed bear market with a possible recession. Bear markets do not turn around on a dime. We are only in the first or second inning of it.
2. Will stocks ever go up again? History says of course they will. But make no mistake, that could be weeks, months or more than a year down the line, given that this is an election year as well.
3. Use your common sense (even though there's nothing common about it) and ask yourself this:
What good reason is there to immediately expose more of your money to the market?
- Will Q1 earnings be good or bad?
- What about the uncertainties of an election year?
- What will be the psychological effect of the growing number of confirmed cases and deaths for the next 2 weeks?

Every catalyst points to more downside. Worst case scenario, you miss the bottom and maybe 10%. No Big deal! You already have so much exposure to the markets via your 401k's and your employment itself.

If you have infinite liquidity, go ahead and keep averaging down and bag hold for years. Otherwise, chill out and start buying once the bell curve of the cases/deaths starts to flatten. In fact, if you're impatient, buy some protection for your portfolio.

I'll give y'all a freebie: SPY 1900 Strike May 15 /April 17 Long Calendar Put Spread. Profit range is SPY 1700-2400 by expiration of the short leg.
Dude, you can kindly GFY.

I was in the industry during the dot com bubble and burst and every move thereafter while you were concerned about getting a stinky pinky during a matinee movie on a Saturday.

You can have your opinion and that's fine, but don't try to lecture people that have more real world experience than you've ever read about.

You can have your opinions and I can listen but I won't tell you you're a ****ing idiot even if I feel you are. Respect other's opinion as we will your's, if not **** off.

Gig'em
Carlo4
AG
I'm not rushing anymore. Learned with Exxon at 50, even though that should definitely work long term. I'm sure many buys here are great, but I see this a mix of dragging out and quick recovery, depending on all the variables.

I'll wait to get in a little further down the line.
jj9000
AG
khaos288 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

JFC
#OfficiallyNotOfficial
First Page Last Page
Page 1120 of 6476

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.