Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,031,222 Views | 224270 Replies | Last: 18 min ago by sts7049
IrishTxAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jayelbee said:

jayelbee said:

Volume through first 2.75 hours today looks to be way down compared to last 3 weeks. Much more in line with the preceding months.

I'm seeing 1.85B on S&P vs 4.4B average and 8.26B for Friday.

Yahoo shows 3B in volume with just over an hour to go to close. Not sure what to make of it, but it's very interesting.
Just wait until the presser in about 40mins
reedsterg
AG
Seeing the airlines are asking for $50 billion in help. How will that effect stock prices for airlines specifically in the short vs long term?
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
Prognightmare said:

docaggie said:

Prognightmare said:

This panic is all off of projections and it's ridiculous. The amount of actual deaths from this virus is so low that it wouldn't even register if we didn't have the media. I'll panic when they're picking bodies up in trucks that have been left out on the curb for pickup.
But the full hospitals should.
I'm not panicking, but the issue is this is hitting so hard and fast in areas that hospitals go from seeing their first COVID patient to completely full to the point that even overflow areas are saturated. That means if you need to be admitted for something else entirely, you're hosed.
Supplies are a challenge, blood is a challenge, ventilators and beds are a challenge.

Just a last preach here:
Help out by not going out into big groups. Stay home if you're ill. And if you're healthy, please give blood.

That's the beauty of a message board, it brings varying opinions together. My opinion is that this is overblown and I'm adding positions at great prices due to panic and overreactions.

I think it is okay to say that there is real reason to be considered with the current situation (outside of the markets, although obviously it will impact the markets) AND that you think this is a great time to buy if you have the liquidity to do so while still having enough to cover things for a while.

Nothing wrong with that.

I think the issue is, perhaps, that you are speaking purely in terms of the market, while being pretty dismissive of this as a social issue at all....I think folks disagree with that, but not necessarily with your notion that this is a good time to buy in (I mean honestly, unless you fear eternal collapse or have a very short timeline, anytime the market is down is a good opportunity).
IrishTxAggie
AG

Briefing moved up
jj9000
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Briefing moved up
This crazy Market will probably bounce just on the announcement of the meeting time change.
IrishTxAggie
AG
It actually did
Carlo4
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

It actually did
Decided to go SPXL.
ProgN
I can see your point but this chaos is a media driven event for what really is just a contagious cold virus. If deaths were occurring like people are concerned about then the news would have a running counter like they did for the Iraq war when Bush was in office.

Here's my reasoning. Has anyone decreased their 401k contributions through their employers? The majority has not. That amount of cash accumulating on the sidelines grows by the week. You throw in the ultra easing by the Fed right now, in conjunction with them stating they have no plans to raise rates, then this spring gets coiled tighter everyday. When this turns out to be nowhere close to these end of the world predictions, look out because it's going to explode to the upside.

I'm not saying don't prepare and protect your family but I'm also saying don't ignore the incredible opportunity to gift your family a better life because of panic.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Really not seeing anything on Cheddar Flow right now to give me an idea of what way it goes
docaggie
AG
The difference is I work in a hospital. I'm a physician and leader of my group. I've got a hundred people who report to me (my hospital isn't small).

We all know people around the nation. Those in the states hit first have full hospitals - no beds. They can't discharge patients to the usual rehab, skilled nursing facility, nursing home, etc because they won't take COVID patients for fear of setting it loose in their facilities.

We worry that we won't have space for everyone, even those who aren't COVID patients but need admission.
Many hospitals are completely halting elective surgeries.
Blood supplies are low nationwide, mask supplies are low nationwide, beds and ventilators are occupied at a higher than normal rate.

Yes, you aren't likely to have a problem with COVID. But if you need admission to the hospital for, say, a car crash and the hospital is full of COVID patients? Now you've got a problem. So the effects of COVID are going to be much farther ranging than it appears at first glance.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
IrishTxAggie
AG
SPY 3/20 $320P coming at 9.7MM
Hendrix
AG
CX getting murdered. May take a flyer at 1.92.
McInnis 03
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

WTF
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
IrishTxAggie
AG
McInnis 03 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

WTF
It's a giant hedge
oldarmy1
AG
If we come out of it Macau will be ahead of us IMO. You been there? I was there once 4 years back.
Illustrious Potentate
AG
So how are hospitals filling up? The one confirmed case in Tarrant County was sent home because there is really no treatment for him at a hosipital.

Are you speaking about worst case scenario instances or what you are currently seeing?
Pignorant
AG
Nibbled on some MSFT.
McInnis 03
AG
Trump at the Mic, watch your SPX plays.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
Chipotlemonger
AG
We are trying to keep them from filling up and disrupting our world and lives even more.
oldarmy1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

McInnis 03 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

WTF
It's a giant hedge
Looks like a naked Put play. Wowza. Take a look at chart. Don't see any bid jumping during the transaction. Looks like ask sitting at $74 received fills.

That's a net $246 holding if assigned. That's what you call high risk.
Brewmaster
AG
PDEMDHC said:

IrishTxAggie said:

It actually did
Decided to go SPXL.
interesting play, I like it... Let's ride I added SPCE down here as well, will watch it closely though.

for those wanting to debate over Covid there is another thread and forum for that, just saying
ProgN
docaggie said:

The difference is I work in a hospital. I'm a physician and leader of my group. I've got a hundred people who report to me (my hospital isn't small).

We all know people around the nation. Those in the states hit first have full hospitals - no beds. They can't discharge patients to the usual rehab, skilled nursing facility, nursing home, etc because they won't take COVID patients for fear of setting it loose in their facilities.

We worry that we won't have space for everyone, even those who aren't COVID patients but need admission.
Many hospitals are completely halting elective surgeries.
Blood supplies are low nationwide, mask supplies are low nationwide, beds and ventilators are occupied at a higher than normal rate.

Yes, you aren't likely to have a problem with COVID. But if you need admission to the hospital for, say, a car crash and the hospital is full of COVID patients? Now you've got a problem. So the effects of COVID are going to be much farther ranging than it appears at first glance.

I'm not discounting the impact, especially for hospitals and their personnel and thank you for your service. I am discounting the paranoia that this is causing and if, market talking now, you can keep a level head, the opportunity to take advantage of this is there.

I have a question, how many people are coming into the ER right now worried they have COVID-19 and do not?
Carlo4
AG
that didn't work. dropping again.
McInnis 03
AG
HOOOOOOOOOWEEEEEEEEEEEE. Expect this till July or August from Trump. That's gonna tank this a bit.

B&I Key:
khaos288
AG
McInnis 03 said:

HOOOOOOOOOWEEEEEEEEEEEE. Expect this till July or August from Trump. That's gonna tank this a bit.
"Maybe longer" quote as well.
jj9000
AG
What happened at 2420 to spike upward?
Carlo4
AG
And how quickly that changed. Back to 2400 S&P
Aggie95
AG
he was saying July or August as an end point....for the virus to be flushed out. That would essentially put us on a path to normalcy by May. Dr Fauci made sure to clarify that point.
khaos288
AG
jj9000 said:

What happened at 2420 to spike upward?

"We will be backing the airlines"
TXAG14
We going green tomorrow or repeat of today?
Carlo4
AG
DOW - 3000
Pignorant
AG
TWTR absolutely getting crushed.
FriscoKid
AG
Second worse DOW percentage decline in history today.
Talon2DSO
AG
Anyone looking at Aramark? It's at $17 now
azul_rain
Holy ****
First Page Last Page
Page 1119 of 6408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.