Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,957,771 Views | 223948 Replies | Last: 7 min ago by HoustonAg2014
aggiedaniel06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You have no idea what my experience is or what I have accomplished.

But I see that my post was preachy and that I have rattled your cage, so I'll edit my post.
ProgN
Your post didn't rattle my cage, your ignorance and arrogance did. Other than that you're alright.
Brewmaster
AG
sellthefarm said:

We still buying ROKU???

I'm in at 80, again at 70. Should I hit it again at 60???
58 after hours? WTF... this thing was in free fall mode today. Looks like a gap back to 55 if we're talking April of '19 dip. I remember this flashing to 155 after the last ER!
AggieKeith15
AG
To be fair, to everyone, no one has lived through a pandemic in an era like this, so truthfully no one knows what the correct action is. Its precisely why the market has crashed and rallied in the manner it has. It's all speculation at this point, and the market is reacting accordingly. No one knows the bottom, the recovery path, or what the risk/rewards are at this time.

The only thing we do know.. is things will get better and eventually recover. The losses will become gains, and buying in a down market should, as it has in the past, payoff regardless.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
khaos288
AG
jj9000 said:

khaos288 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Do you have the orders set for AH?
JFC
#OfficiallyNotOfficial
lol just wanted some of that sweet goog under 1100. Rest of the buys were during regular hours
Ag92NGranbury
AG
Cash is KING

always has been

good luck to everyone
Aggie09Derek
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

on TDAmeritrade if you hold an option into the close on expiration does it auto convert it for you?

My SPY puts from Friday are up 237% and expire wednesday - planned to hold until Wednesday more than likely.
tam2002
AG
AggieKeith15 said:

To be fair, to everyone, no one has lived through a pandemic in an era like this, so truthfully no one knows what the correct action is. Its precisely why the market has crashed and rallied in the manner it has. It's all speculation at this point, and the market is reacting accordingly. No one knows the bottom, the recovery path, or what the risk/rewards are at this time.

The only thing we do know.. is things will get better and eventually recover. The losses will become gains, and buying in a down market should, as it has in the past, payoff regardless.

Exactly. If you are willing/able to be patient enough just about everything is a good buy right now. Esp brand names
Aggietaco
AG
Why is the class A GOOGL stock trading below the C?
riley290
AG
Who else retired on VIX calls and SPX puts today? (hint, 60% of spx profits can be taxed at long term rates vs your SPY which is short term capital gain, consider switching from SPY but watch as it does offer wider spreads and slightly less liquidity). Sold my VIX 3/18 62.5/65/70/75 calls after circuit breaker and SPX 3/20 2400 puts once I finished rounding on the infectious unit around 1pm.

Going to take a break from the market for a while and let it simmer until I'm ready to go in with tech LEAPs later this year with about 30% of my portfolio (still too early, too many people happy to put their money in and average down right now, wait for the capitulation). Carrying VIX puts for sep-nov (don't make this play you already missed buying when IV wasn't out of this world), I did hold onto 5 mid may SPX puts for 2300 and last week entered into MAR puts for mid May (haven't updated q1 guidance yet despite all of their peers doing it, feb 26 guidance did not account for covid difficulties).

Farewell guys, it was a short but fun time and I'm going to avoid here while I'm not trading. I am going to go prepare myself for the absolute disaster occurring at my hospital and what the coming two months will look like. Good luck to everyone, stay safe and make some good plays out there, the volatility is making multimillionaires every day!

edit: got a lot of messages over the last week or so i will be responding to slowly, aggiedan i see your message as well. I'll probably disappoint you guys that I'm not a savant, what I am is an expert in the medical field and it was pretty clear what was about to happen to a lot of us once we hit a few checkpoints starting in very early Feb (despite the claims of a few very vocal posters here).

I'm trying not to celebrate too much because we have a legitimate public health issue on our hands that is about to affect a lot of people and I'm on the front lines for it. If you're over 50 try not to have a heart attack or stroke or infection or GI bleed or HTN/DM crisis in the next two months because we can't take care of you, errors rates and response times are skyrocketing and its going to affect everyone who relies on the healthcare system. We're about to get an awakening about how privileged we are when our health cares system fails, if you've ever been in a country during an overwhelming disaster you know what I'm talking about.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Fitch
AG
Congrats man.

Stay safe out there. Keep us updated of the situation if/when you have time.
khaos288
AG
Legend.

Also I did not retire.
South Platte
riley290 said:

Who else retired on VIX calls and SPX puts today? (hint, 60% of spx profits can be taxed at long term rates vs your SPY which is short term capital gain, consider switching from SPY but watch as it does offer wider spreads and slightly less liquidity). Sold my VIX 3/18 62.5/65/70/75 calls after circuit breaker and SPX 3/20 2400 calls once I finished rounding on the infectious unit around 1pm.

Going to take a break from the market for a while and let it simmer until I'm ready to go in with tech LEAPs later this year with about 30% of my portfolio. Carrying VIX puts for sep-nov (don't make this play you already missed buying when IV wasn't out of this world), I did hold onto 5 mid may SPX puts for 2300 and last week entered into MAR puts for mid May (haven't updated q1 guidance yet despite all of their peers doing it, feb 26 guidance did not account for covid difficulties).

Farewell guys, it was a short but fun time and I'm going to avoid here while I'm not trading. I am going to go prepare myself for the absolute disaster occurring at my hospital and what the coming two months will look like. Good luck to everyone, stay safe and make some good plays out there, the volatility is making multimillionaires every day!
Before you leave, can I give you my 401k login info so you can make a ton of money for me?
Boat Shoes
AG
https://seekingalpha.com/news/3552309-chesapeake-energy-hires-restructuring-advisers-reuters
badharambe
AG
I am not technologically savvy enough to find a way to do that.

BUT!

I created a google sheet with the options. You can fill out the bracket digitally here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OPg1Fyu37lTWN5sowLXflmArJ62R9iz_yHEFC9MJMwY/edit?usp=sharing

badharambe
AG
thanks for catching my error. TLT was suppose to be in there.

Rankings are based on 2019 performance.

Heres the spreadsheet that should allow for easy copy paste to fill it out.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OPg1Fyu37lTWN5sowLXflmArJ62R9iz_yHEFC9MJMwY/edit?usp=sharing
evan_aggie
AG
Prognightmare said:

Your post didn't rattle my cage, your ignorance and arrogance did. Other than that you're alright.

Just add to ignore list. It's easy.
claym711
AG
I dont see how we are going to avoid really really bad GDP and earnings numbers through Q2. Short any bounce substantial bounce, IMO.
Boat Shoes
AG
claym711 said:

I dont see how we are going to avoid really really bad GDP and earnings numbers through Q2. Short any bounce substantial bounce, IMO.

Oh I'm sure it'll be bad but will the economy be 30% worse going forward? The stock market would indicate so.
aginlakeway
AG
What's up with after hours DJIA and WTI? Up 400 plus and 1 plus.
badharambe
AG
IrishTxAggie
AG
aginlakeway said:

Welcome to the market of uncertainty! We're gapping everyday until this **** show calms down! Get your lottery tickets daily before the close!
Exsurge Domine
IrishTxAggie said:

aginlakeway said:

Welcome to the market of uncertainty! We're gapping everyday until this **** show calms down! Get your lottery tickets daily before the close!

I wouldnt doubt we are trading on Tom Hanks info nown
suburban cowboy
AG
Still have all my cash and haven't made a single move since this started.

Soon!
gougler08
AG
New strategy is to by a +10/-10 SPY put and call right before close, we haven't had a flat open in weeks
Exsurge Domine
gougler08 said:

New strategy is to by a +10/-10 SPY put and call right before close, we haven't had a flat open in weeks

Any worry about your trading site freezing out again at an in opportune time?
IrishTxAggie
AG
I'm in cash everyday at close. Just day trading. Not carrying anything that isn't a leap overnight.
azul_rain
you got bigger stones than I. not even close to entering this market. If i knew how to properly options trade however.....
gougler08
AG
Exsurge Domine said:

gougler08 said:

Any worry about your trading site freezing out again at an in opportune time?

I'm using fidelity, have they had any issues yet?
Aggie1391
gougler08 said:

What's your selling strategy?
khaos288
AG
oldarmy1 said:

An up day

Looking good so far
docaggie
AG
Illustrious Potentate said:

So how are hospitals filling up? The one confirmed case in Tarrant County was sent home because there is really no treatment for him at a hosipital.

Are you speaking about worst case scenario instances or what you are currently seeing?
I'm speaking of the locations that have seen COVID first. Seattle, NY, even St Louis. We're all reaching out to those hit first and getting their accounts of how things go. One guy has a daughter who works in one. I've reached out to people I know personally on both coasts to get a sense of what they've seen.

We in Texas are not experiencing full hospitals yet. However, the average time from first COVID patient admission to a completely full hospital is 7 days.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
azul_rain
Dead cat bounce tomorrow, close in the green. Wednesday we lose it and fall to 19k DOW
aginlakeway
AG
hedge_zer0 said:

Dead cat bounce tomorrow, close in the green. Wednesday we lose it and fall to 19k DOW
Have you shared this future telling ability with people who would pay a fortune for it?
First Page Last Page
Page 1121 of 6399

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.