Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,139,166 Views | 224625 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by 59 South
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
leoj said:

Seriously thank you. I double down as well on that pullback, so this has made up for the earlier bleeding today.
FANTASTIC!
oldarmy1
AG
Volume spike on TLRA....maybe a bottom intraday
spud1910
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Nailed it on the SPY calls too. Sheesh this is fun
To make sure I understand, buy the SPY $330c for Monday as well, but hold onto the puts?
oldarmy1
AG
See if several stocks I'm watching moving up some now becomes a "value" buying to close the session or fails into bloody mess.
oldarmy1
AG
spud1910 said:

oldarmy1 said:

To make sure I understand, buy the SPY $330c for Monday as well, but hold onto the puts?

I'd sell equal number of Puts that you buy calls for.

So if you have 10 SPY Puts....you close half (5) and you buy 5 SPY calls, holding the remaining SPY Puts

The reason is that if we do bounce you're net offset will still end up making more, but should we fail the call money will quickly be offset.
spud1910
AG
oldarmy1 said:

spud1910 said:

oldarmy1 said:

I'd sell equal number of Puts that you buy calls for.

So if you have 10 SPY Puts....you close half (5) and you buy 5 SPY calls, holding the remaining SPY Puts
Gotcha. Thanks!
oldarmy1
AG
JD is bouncing some
oldarmy1
AG
Those SPXS Feb 21 calls made a move from 20 cents to 45 cents. I WOULD NOT sell half. Let them ride because a candle day like today historically means volatility is right ahead.
gougler08
AG
So have we confirmed that the coronavirus actually really bad or that it just killed some people in China who were elderly or already sick (like the flu and pneumonia do every year)?
UpstateAg
AG
TECK and BYND. Biggest losers for me today. Up on the week though. Still irritated at my td app crashing trying to sell BYnD this morning.
oldarmy1
AG
No idea. Seen several videos of younger adults collapsing, busting their noggins open, but in a huge population people passing out is going to happen with common flu.

If this is true below the markets will roar back. I'm suspect.

https://www.rt.com/news/479108-first-cononavirus-patient-cured/
oldarmy1
AG
UpstateAg said:

TECK and BYND. Biggest losers for me today. Up on the week though. Still irritated at my td app crashing trying to sell BYnD this morning.
I bought my BYND calls back
oldarmy1
AG
Now if we do get a run up to hit 3300 today then you SELL the calls and hold the Puts. I mean for Pete's sakes just how much winning do you want around here!
oldarmy1
AG
JD nice recovery move.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Big bets on EEM 1/31 $45C
oldarmy1
AG
GOGO above its 3 day high.....coming off downtrend could be a breakout flyer next week.
oldarmy1
AG
Be ready on the SPY calls
oldarmy1
AG
Magnet to 3300 and exit.
oldarmy1
AG
See why I said sell the calls and hold the Puts. If we get to 3284 buy the calls back for Monday.

leoj
AG
Amazing. and here comes the selling volume.

OA, I'm not sure if you've talked about this but I have seen others mention it. When we have down days or breaks in an uptrend, do you try and actively look for stocks that are holding up better than others? If so, what are you looking for?
oldarmy1
AG
SQ on the midcap side and GOGO on the small cap were two I saw
oldarmy1
AG
Model T on S&P was bounce point. Literally evey single thing I try to teach is right there to see.
oldarmy1
AG
A stock I really like is TLRA that has presented an exacerbated pullback IMO on the market selling. I have added 22000 shares below $9.75 so far as a trade for 2020.
BT1395
AG
oldarmy1 said:

A stock I really like is TLRA that has presented an exacerbated pullback IMO on the market selling. I have added 22000 shares below $9.75 so far as a trade for 2020.
In at $9.70 for 21,000 shares!

(just kidding - those massive 200 shares you saw just fly by were mine)

Thanks for the heads up!
YNWA_AG
AG
Any predictions for TLRA?
george1992
YNWA_AG said:

Any predictions for TLRA?
I'm going out on a limb here but I'm guessing he's predicting the stock will move up over time and he will make a lot of money.
leoj
AG
Connected tv space similar to TTD, just had a merger, trading volumes increased and stock doubled over last year. Looks intriguing to me.

Edit: there's someone writing articles about them on SA, going to read those and look over financials in a bit. Apparently they have Hulu as a customer.
Talon2DSO
AG
Here's what I think would make our Chinese Co stocks pop

oldarmy1
AG
On TLRA....I project $15 on next trend move and I'd see people peeling 30% off and then if a re-entry under $11 presents itself I'd buy back those shares. $20 target for 2020, so you know me and I'll be looking to be net free at that juncture.
claym711
AG
Today was a significant move it is a much higher probability that we see further sell off at least in the vein of July if not deeper, than an immediate bounce back.
ProgN
Although I'm inclined to agree with, that's not something you drop on the guys after the market closes on a Friday.
leoj
AG
Quote:

There are more than 1,000 confirmed cases of infection, and at least 41 people have died. A total of 8,420 people are reported to be under observation.

A young, previously healthy man died in Wuhan, raising concerns about the deadliness of the virus. Until now, the vast majority of victims have been older than 60 with preexisting conditions.

Infections have been confirmed in France, South Korea, Japan, Nepal, Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, Taiwan and the United States.

Going to be headlines like this all weekend
Colt98
AG
I picked a really bad day to go to Fayette to fish.
Ragoo
AG
Colt98 said:

I picked a really bad day to go to Fayette to fish.
no bad days fishing
Colt98
AG
I could of bought a boat if I would have sold the first 15 min. And I lost a boat after. Oh well it only money. Can make more next week.
First Page Last Page
Page 924 of 6418

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.