Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,087,168 Views | 224472 Replies | Last: 9 min ago by Spoony Love
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sell that option at the open and enjoy. Not many can pop their cherry in options with a grand slam. Congrats!
ProgN
GreasenUSA said:

personally, I'd sell at 8:30am central, take my 30 bagger I just made, and head out on a nice vacation for the weekend.
AggieSincebirth might be giving birth to a future Ag after tomorrow in 9 months.
GreasenUSA
AG
tramaro1 said:

How can you determine what an option price will open up for the next day? I have always wondered how to figure this out. Is there a formula or website?
https://www.optionsprofitcalculator.com/calculator/long-call.html

leoj
AG
Has to be one of the biggest option winners for someone in this board right? Congrats
george1992
Prognightmare said:

Sell that option at the open and enjoy. Not many can pop their cherry in options with a grand slam. Congrats!

Yep. My cherry was popped yesterday to the same disappointment as all the girls that had theirs popped by me.
khkman22
AG
What day did you buy the option? Early this week?
gig em 02
That son of a ***** owns 100 shares of amazon!
leoj
AG
J_Landes89
AG
I want to start building up a nest of dividend stocks. Long term holds.

If you were to start today (4-5+ solid stocks), what would you purchase?

I have seen XOM, EPD, and some others here before. But, did not keep proper track when being discussed.

Thanks!
tramaro1
AG
59 South said:

Google "options intrinsic vs extrinsic value" and you'll find plenty of info to learn.

So simple terms, take the current price of the stock minus the strike price.
Brewmaster
AG
Holy AMZN balls...I'm having a beer for you Aggiesincebirth, you went from lurker to Legend in a $600 bet. Killing it!

Help me understand, he bought naked calls earlier this week. Amazon went ape tonight with earnings, he scores a 30x on his initial investment!!? That's about as good as it gets! So jealous here...maybe I'll grow a pair and play DIS earnings.
khaos288
AG
BREwmaster said:

Holy AMZN balls...I'm having a beer for you Aggiesincebirth, you went from lurker to Legend in a $600 bet. Killing it!

Help me understand, he bought naked calls earlier this week. Amazon went ape tonight with earnings, he scores a 30x on his initial investment!!? That's about as good as it gets! So jealous here...maybe I'll grow a pair and play DIS earnings.

1000$ 600c tsla would have paid 17k overnight and 600$ amzn 1950c would have paid 18k.

I played neither and looked at both.
ProgN
username checks out.
59 South
AG
gig em 02 said:

That son of a ***** owns 100 shares of amazon!

I thought I was ballin with my 15!
aggie_fan13
AG
I hate myself for not buying AMZN back when it was only $600
E
AG
E said:

oldarmy1 said:

DIS green
Of course it is... 30 minutes after I dumped my 1/31 calls

Yikes... Lesson learned. When you have weekly DIS calls that are almost worthless on a Thursday, just wait until Friday morning. Nice AH action going on right now.
Brewmaster
AG
azulAg said:

Not sure I buy it yet, but Hidden Pivots has AMZN now at a LT of 2700...and he says the stock should finally let loose. I'm not saying buy it right after earnings though!
Brewmaster
AG
play earnings next week...

I may pull the trigger on the 150C's. I think they blow earnings out of the water, too many subs out there on Disney Plus not to.
leoj
AG
azulAg said:

I remember when I first started actively learning and watching the stock market and it was probably around $800-1000 and I thought that was the craziest thing ever.

Currently sitting at exactly the ath after hours, 2050.

Also, that 2700 target is not the only person I have seen post that as the measured potential from this cup and handle breakout.
FishrCoAg
AG
Jizzle89 said:

I want to start building up a nest of dividend stocks. Long term holds.

If you were to start today (4-5+ solid stocks), what would you purchase?

I have seen XOM, EPD, and some others here before. But, did not keep proper track when being discussed.

Thanks!
oxy
Shiner Bock
AG
For the many of us in here with TPL shares. Results out.

"Texas Pacific Land Trust (NYSE:TPL): Q4 GAAP EPS of $9.20 beats by $1.78.

Revenue of $113.33M (+21.6% Y/Y) beats by $24.33M."
aggie_fan13
AG
Listen I'm kind of ******ed so could you explain to me like I'm 5 years old what you said ?
E
AG
BREwmaster said:

play earnings next week...

I may pull the trigger on the 150C's. I think they blow earnings out of the water, too many subs out there on Disney Plus not to.

I did. On Tuesday during the dip I got weeklies and $140 calls for after earnings. Hopefully I'll hit on at least one of them!
docaggie
AG
And nothing says you have to buy all in right now, anyway.
Take a small position, then add on any dips until you've got what you want.

Now, the last of the FANG (GOOGL) reports on Monday.
Anyone have a read on how they'll do compared to estimates? They went 50/50 last year in under / over estimates for earnings.
Class of 1998;
Husband of an Aggie, Class of 1999;
Father to future Class of 2029 and 2031
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Ranger222
AG
BREwmaster said:

azulAg said:

Not sure I buy it yet, but Hidden Pivots has AMZN now at a LT of 2700...and he says the stock should finally let loose. I'm not saying buy it right after earnings though!

I wouldn't necessarily be afraid...last time I bough AMZN was right after earnings a couple years back when it broke 1000 with power right after earnings...didn't gap up but ran +100 the day after. It ran all the way to 2000 with that.

The longer the consolidation -- the bigger the breakaways when they occur. If AMZN is going to run, it'll run for a good time be consolidating again.

I like the 2700 target from HP.
Ranger222
AG
The software security names look prime for tomorrow....OKTA ZS and CRWD. Someone has been buying August dated calls in OKTA....175C and 195C.
tramaro1
AG
Yeah I have heard 2500 - 2700 for AMZN. Might sell 1 of my calls at the open and hold the other to see what happens. We will see where the premarket opens up tomorrow
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Apparently I owe george92 a beer! Bet it does better tomorrow than the Boeing shares I sold would have!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Today was a good day for crwd, hope it holds this time!
jbeck3487
AG
I just want my BYND calls to not be worthless tomorrow
ProgN
Ranger222 said:

The software security names look prime for tomorrow....OKTA ZS and CRWD. Someone has been buying August dated calls in OKTA....175C and 195C.
Don't leave out CYBR, very good company
ProgN
docaggie said:

And nothing says you have to buy all in right now, anyway.
Take a small position, then add on any dips until you've got what you want.

Now, the last of the FANG (GOOGL) reports on Monday.
Anyone have a read on how they'll do compared to estimates? They went 50/50 last year in under / over estimates for earnings.
I expect GOOG to have a good report and run. It's the top pick for 2020 for a number of firms. They usually have good intel to make calls like that in January.
leoj
AG
Running to the gym, I'll try and see if I can do a chart when I get back and also finally figure out how to post an image on here.

The 2700 target is basically the extension from the Dec 19 low of about 1300 to the Sept18/July19 high of 2000. So that high to high with the low in the middle is the cup, handle is from July last year to today. Google cup and handle, it's a classic set up and really leads to a higher ramp up if confirmed. 700 point equal extension, is the difference between the 2000 high minus the 1300 low, extended up gets you the 2700 target. It's easier to see visually so I'll see if I can put something together if no one else does.

But this is a market leader that has been in a range between 1300-2000 for 3 years consolidating. 1.5 mil shares traded after hours, that's half of the daily average volume.
aggie_fan13
AG
ok so what youre saying is i should by some calls for AMZN ?
ProgN
First Page Last Page
Page 940 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.