Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,113,633 Views | 224619 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by oldarmy1
tramaro1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can't wait to see what my AMZN 2/21 $1900C opens up at tomorrow...woohoo
oldarmy1
AG
AMZN has traded sideways for 2 years. Absolutely Darvis Box busted
jbeck3487
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Risky in this environment but I did. But I am planning to sell these at previous entry to net back investment. Could lose it all, so again, have to decide tolerance.

If you picked those EWZ off the bottom at .15 then you doubled up to .33 by the close.
dlp3719
AG
tramaro1 said:

Hope you have more than 1? Either way congrats!
oldarmy1
AG
jbeck3487 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Risky in this environment but I did. But I am planning to sell these at previous entry to net back investment. Could lose it all, so again, have to decide tolerance.

If you picked those EWZ off the bottom at .15 then you doubled up to .33 by the close.
I picked at 16 cents, so not the bottom but did double for the sell at $0.32
khkman22
AG
Only have some AMZN in my IRA and it finally doubled again for me. Wasn't paying attention the first time it hit $2,050 so I have been waiting on this target for a while. Just have to decide if I want to sell half here or ride all of it for a little longer. If it opens around $2,100, I'll probably set a stop on it.
tramaro1
AG
dlp3719 said:

tramaro1 said:

Hope you have more than 1? Either way congrats!

Yeah way more than 1, I have 2...haha! That is all I could afford
jmcfar_98
AG

People always know.
HoustonAg2014
AG
I bought a 1,912.50 AMZN call yesterday for Friday expiration at $600... My first time to ever buy a call. I am freaking out
mrad85
AG
Go big, or go home!

Good luck
oldarmy1
AG
Only people who have made money on AMZN forever are the traders. I planted it as a net free holding years back and only trade it occasionally, but how ticked if you placed a lot of your available equity into AMZN while the markets have been racing upwards?

oldarmy1
AG
TECK came green. Lot's of time for it now.
HoustonAg2014
AG
A little help here. I own 100 shares of Amazon in my account. I also bought 1 call at 1,912.50. What is the best way to go about this trade? Do I just sell that call tomorrow? or do I sell my shares and let the call expire tomorrow and it purchases the 100 call shares for me at 1,912.50?

Very new to this...
ProgN
IBM spiking AH. Tomorrow should open up big barring a F ton of deaths in China.

ETA: the whole market should open up yuge.
tramaro1
AG
OA what are your thoughts on SLV you still think those $18c will pay?
GreasenUSA
AG
tramaro1 said:

looks like you'll have a 5 bagger ($206/call) over today's closing premium if 2100 holds.
ProgN
What's the strike price and expiration date of your call?
oldarmy1
AG
JD going to pop back above $41 pretty fast
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Prognightmare said:

IBM spiking AH. Tomorrow should open up big barring a F ton of deaths in China.

ETA: the whole market should open up yuge.
Or a Trump tweet, don't forget that variable...

Really happy I went for the 2/3 277.50c on SPY. Tomorrow could be good.
gougler08
AG
Nice green hammer on MU today
pacecar02
Aggiesincebirth said:

A little help here. I own 100 shares of Amazon in my account. I also bought 1 call at 1,912.50. What is the best way to go about this trade? Do I just sell that call tomorrow? or do I sell my shares and let the call expire tomorrow and it purchases the 100 call shares for me at 1,912.50?

Very new to this...
its on you

do you want the shares at 1912.50? or do you wanna sell the call?

sell the call and buy puts and wait for a retracement?

AMZN is a beast in and of itself, it sometimes bucks traditional models and does its own thing

59 South
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Only people who have made money on AMZN forever are the traders. I planted it as a net free holding years back and only trade it occasionally, but how ticked if you placed a lot of your available equity into AMZN while the markets have been racing upwards?

This has been me. Bought a bunch back in spring of '18 in the 1500s. Can't complain though cause I made a lot playing options during the recent 1740 to 1900 jump. Profit was about 30% of that investment back in 2018 so I'm good. No plans to ever sell that core base at this point.
ProgN
Only Trump tweets now are ridiculing the Dems for impeachment. Your calls will be good tomorrow, drink and sleep well.
ProgN
I think he bought the call when AMZN was at 1912. We need to know the strike price to give him/her an opinion.
59 South
AG
Also, I wish Jeff would just break down and do a split now. He's always been against it but it's time.
HoustonAg2014
AG
Prognightmare said:

I think he bought the call when AMZN was at 1912. We need to know the strike price to give him/her an opinion.
I bought the call when the stock price was $1,820 per share. Bought it for about $600 at the strike of 1,912.50 expiring tomorrow 1/21/2020. I don't have the cash in my account to buy the stock but I currently own 100 shares in my account already. I wasn't sure if I just let this expire tomorrow afternoon if it will take the difference between $1,912.50 and the current price times 100 shares and net out the difference at closing tomorrow or if I have to execute anything.

Someone was trying to tell me I had to sell the call back to make the money and if I let it expire it will expire worthless which I thought was wrong.
GreasenUSA
AG
personally, I'd sell at 8:30am central, take my 30 bagger I just made, and head out on a nice vacation for the weekend.
59 South
AG
GreasenUSA said:

personally, I'd sell at 8:30am central, take my 30 bagger I just made, and head out on a nice vacation for the weekend.

This!
McInnis 03
AG
do what khkman22 said
khkman22
AG
McInnis 03 said:

A call gives you the right to buy 100 shares at the strike price. To exercise the call you'd need to foot the 100x1912 capital, but I do believe you have up to 3 days to get the capital into your brokerage account to exercise the purchase. You can't sell until you have the transaction completed though.

Your other opportunity is to just unload the contract. The last one traded at like 17.75 I think so if you sold the contract you'd net $1775 at that price and your cost of 600 would net you a profit of 1175.

Obviously you can make a lot more if you exercise the option and have the capital to foot the bill and then sell the 100 shares you just bought.

If I'm wrong, someone correct me.
He will sell the option at open tomorrow for $190 ($19,000 total proceeds) or so if AMZN opens at $2,100.
McInnis 03
AG
haha, take the money and run. I'll delete my nonsense.
HoustonAg2014
AG
GreasenUSA said:

That is exactly what I am gonna do!

As far as selling it that is lol. I owned shares in all my accounts but I did this option in my retirement account so that vacation will be on hold for a bit but investing that should be nice for my future!
HoustonAg2014
AG
Thank you all for the advice. I actually got my inspiration to try options from you guys on this board. Learning as I go but this is fun! I'm trying to grow my knowledge and y'all have been a huge help. Y'all are awesome.
tramaro1
AG
How can you determine what an option price will open up for the next day? I have always wondered how to figure this out. Is there a formula or website?
59 South
AG
Google "options intrinsic vs extrinsic value" and you'll find plenty of info to learn.
First Page Last Page
Page 939 of 6418

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.