Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,025,319 Views | 224227 Replies | Last: 5 min ago by ProgN
docaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who the heck would be sitting at home going "you know where I've always wanted to visit? China." that they need to inform them not to fly there right now?
Class of 1998;
Husband of an Aggie, Class of 1999;
Father to future Class of 2029 and 2031
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
khkman22
AG
I understand the extrapolation of the price target, but is there a time frame on these cup and handle breakouts? I don't doubt it will get to $2,700 at some point, but is that 6 months? 1 year? Longer?
59 South
AG
khkman22 said:

I understand the extrapolation of the price target, but is there a time frame on these cup and handle breakouts? I don't doubt it will get to $2,700 at some point, but is that 6 months? 1 year? Longer?

If you're talking about potential then check out what AAPL did after it broke out to ATH's in early October. It had gone from 233 down to 142 and then cupped and handled out for awhile. After it broke it is now 323 or close to +40% here 4 months later. Not exactly the same but very similar to AMZN 2050 down to 1300. A similar move would put it around 2800 by summer.
leoj
AG
What he said. Also can you imagine if they do a big split and retail investors can buy it like they do AAPL or TSLA?
khkman22
AG
I read his reasoning and, to me, it's a pretty absurd reason not to do it when the company is this mature. Even a 20:1 split at this point doesn't make it cheap for a lot of people.

I'd like a split just for the ability to write covered calls.
leoj
AG
I hear you, 10:1 still gets you below AAPL. Also along those lines, 1.5m shares traded after hours is insane. That is big money backing up the truck during a 10% breakout.
jmcfar_98
AG
Jizzle89 said:

I want to start building up a nest of dividend stocks. Long term holds.

If you were to start today (4-5+ solid stocks), what would you purchase?

I have seen XOM, EPD, and some others here before. But, did not keep proper track when being discussed.

Thanks!

LADR nice dividend stock.
gougler08
AG
jmcfar_98 said:

Jizzle89 said:

I want to start building up a nest of dividend stocks. Long term holds.

If you were to start today (4-5+ solid stocks), what would you purchase?

I have seen XOM, EPD, and some others here before. But, did not keep proper track when being discussed.

Thanks!

LADR nice dividend stock.

+1, RDSA has been beaten down over the past 6 months and is normally a good dividend stock as well. It will mostly hover between 50-70
oldarmy1
AG
https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/01/30/rubicon-project-and-telaria-report-preliminary-res.aspx
tailgatetimer10
AG
Well that's some pleasant news
oldarmy1
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

Well that's some pleasant news

Whatever happens short term they are going to dominate a growth space.
Brewmaster
AG
OA you missed the fireworks last night... a first time options buyer, a poster here, Aggiesincebirth, bought 1 contract of an AMZN call early this week. $600 initial investment, Boom! now worth roughly 19k this morning! Nothing like hitting a bomb in your first at bat in the bigs!
McInnis 03
AG
XOM missed.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/exxon-quarterly-profit-falls-5-125345522.html
cgh1999
AG
Quarter was a mixed bag. Profit missed, but revenue was good. Company is still solid and Dividend is now 5.5%. I'll probably add a few shares.

As I was typing this, Cramer just said on CNBC that "woke" money managers aren't buying these shares which is hurting good stocks. "They're the new tobacco"
GreasenUSA
AG
BREwmaster said:

OA you missed the fireworks last night... a first time options buyer, a poster here, Aggiesincebirth, bought 1 contract of an AMZN call early this week. $600 initial investment, Boom! now worth roughly 19k this morning! Nothing like hitting a bomb in your first at bat in the bigs!
we'll have to see how much volatility crunch is going to hurt the actual premiums vs calculations from yesterday's value here in a bit
khkman22
AG
My calculations were based on almost no volatility and no time value. At $2,100 and $190 option value, that was only factoring $2.5 for volatility/time value. I figured it was pretty much a given the option value would be almost exactly the same as the intrinsic value.
McInnis 03
AG
I'm seeing a B/A of 132.40 and 137.20 on the 1912.50 option.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
khaos288
AG
Tlra not having fun this morning
khkman22
AG
Yeah, the $190 was only assuming it would open at $2,100, which was around the AH high. Depending on how the day goes, he may be lucky to get $150.
ProgN
Quote:

UPDATE: More fuel for Tesla? Stock could join the S&P 500 by the end of the year
Today 9:15 AM ET (MarketWatch)
Print
By Jeff Reeves, MarketWatch

The only barrier is profitability over four consecutive quarters

Tesla has been disrupting the automotive industry and taking Wall Street by storm since its 2010 IPO. Its latest milestone: a trajectory that will take the electric vehicle manufacturer to "comfortably" more than 500,000 vehicles sold this year.

Tesla (TSLA) has turned plenty of heads along the way, but one key milestone remains: inclusion in the closely watched S&P 500 index index of top U.S. stocks.
Quote:

If the chips fall right, that means Tesla will be eligible for inclusion in the S&P 500 in the second half of this year after two more consecutive quarters in the black.

"We do not comment on individual companies' potential inclusion in an index," a spokesman for S&P Dow Jones Indices said.
You don't want to be short if this happens, that I promise you.
Aggie_2463
AG
khaos288 said:

Tlra not having fun this morning
Why the ~9.5% drop?

Giving me a re-entry point....?
tailgatetimer10
AG
Company merger. See link in previous page from OA
ProgN
I'm looking at ROKU calls today out until 3/6. This gives you DIS earnings next week where I believe new subs to Disney + will spill over and benefit ROKU. It also gives you the window for ROKU earnings which I believe they easily beat.

Thoughts?
pacecar02
amzn nearing model T
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Third morning in a row where Ally's invest site has crashed. Looks like I'm switching to TDA...
khaos288
AG
Maximus_Meridius said:

Third morning in a row where Ally's invest site has crashed. Looks like I'm switching to TDA...

You won't regret it. Think or swim app desktop and mobile is awesome
ProgN
Maximus_Meridius said:

Welcome aboard.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
khaos288 said:

Maximus_Meridius said:

You won't regret it. Think or swim app desktop and mobile is awesome
Unfortunately my idiotic IT department has blocked ToS from working on my desktop (I want to kick their idiotic ***es so much...), so I have to use my phone to use it. But I can access TDA's website.
jarrod1208
Is it time to get out of ONTX? Past month is a steady decline.
Shiner Bock
AG
think im about to start buying into 2/7 DIS 140's. add as it go until earnings
deadbq03
AG
gig em 02 said:

Aggiesincebirth said:

59 South said:

oldarmy1 said:

XOM also showing a reversal bottom early on.

That dividend well over 5% right now is enticing especially in retirement accounts.
I've mentioned that to my parents before. If you can live off the 4% rule (in this case 5% rule) then I would definitely take a look at XOM or Shell for a retirement account. Shell is 6.5%.

I know there is "no such thing as too big to fail" but I would be very tempted if I was older to not dump a huge chunk into these stocks knowing you are living off dividend income with little appreciation opportunities and the biggest risk is that they cut their dividend.

At a UBS meeting last night I heard it pretty perfectly I thought. The head investor (not a UBS guy) stated that oil stocks are like bonds and people should start investing as such. Be happy with the dividend but don't expect much appreciation.

What do y'all think about amlp?
Late reply here. I wouldn't mess with it unless you believe that natural gas is near its bottom.

With this and many other high-dividend ETFs, equity preservation and dividend sustainability are concerns.

The midstream darlings like AMLP, MLPA, ZMLP have very negative total market returns for the 1 year, 3 year and 5 year windows. They might pay out 8-10% dividend, but if you're losing 15-30% of your equity each year - what good is it? So again, if you think the gas market as a whole is gonna rebound, these might be a good idea, but I wouldn't put my money into anything related to NG right now.

If you're looking for an ultra-high-dividend ETF (over 6%), I would recommend real estate ones like REM or MORT which would obviously be subject to a real estate crash, but over the next year, Real Estate looks like a much safer option than NG.
J_Landes89
AG
NIO $3.80
Tumble Weed
Added some TWTR (32.75) and FB (205.15) today.
jarrod1208
Get in on AGRX while it's in a dip. FDA approval should happen any day now, this should hit $4.50 easy
J_Landes89
AG
Buying all the TLRA under $10 I can afford
First Page Last Page
Page 941 of 6407

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.