Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,089,472 Views | 224479 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by sts7049
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/13/square-has-fallen-well-behind-the-rest-of-the-payments-stocks.html
Quote:

Square seems to be going in circles.

The payments stock has fallen nearly 25% in the past six months even as PayPal, Mastercard and Visa have rallied, and JC O'Hara, chief market technician at MKM Partners, said Square's charts aren't pointing to anything positive.

"Right now, it doesn't look too good. When you look at the chart of Square, it's much different than the other names ... Visa, Mastercard [are] in strong uptrends. Square, however, couldn't get above $80. It tested it twice," O'Hara said Thursday on CNBC's "Trading Nation.

PayPal, Visa and Mastercard have outperformed the broader market so far this year, rising 27%, 35% and 47%, respectively. Square has only seen a 3% rise this year, and O'Hara said it's possible it sinks back down to levels not seen since its December lows.

"Right now we're really breaking below a critical level of support. Those main lows around $60 [were] vital for this stock. We're breaking below, and really there's no next support level, until we go back to the December 2018 lows, and that's $50. This is a chart that I'd avoid right here," said O'Hara.

Erin Gibbs, chief investment officer at Gibbs Wealth Management, agreed that there's not really a good angle to enter Square.

"I definitely wouldn't get in here, and if you are in, I would say get out at this point. I wouldn't go as far to say that it's a short, because it does look so cheap, but it's something that's concerning," said Gibbs.

She mentioned that although Square beat on its top and bottom line when the company reported earnings in August, it missed on the total payments volume, which disappointed investors.

"When you're a high growth stock, you have to hit all your numbers. And it's still debatable whether they're going to see any real profits from their Cash App.
Not good
mrad85
AG
ROKU - I love ya man, but you've got to work with me here
diablo loco
I'm going to hang on to OSTK and see this one out for a while. damn.

Brewmaster
AG
Big squeeze coming!
Brewmaster
AG
george1992 said:

SECAg13 said:

OSTK running again!
I'm going to sell out at 29 so the sky is the limit after that.

Stick around George, 31 by eod, there is a crazy amount of shorts trapped. Price could double quickly. Set tight stop loss and let er rip!
SW AG80
AG
ROKU is working with you. It is going down so you get it at a cheaper price.
khaos288
AG
X puts holding steady as price hovers around neutral. Anyone got a gut feeling?
gougler08
AG
Hey JD...do something
jm94
AG
The OSTK roller coaster continues, down almost $4 in the last hour
leoj
AG
Agree with OA that the long term trend and sentiment is negative.
gougler08
AG
leoj said:

Agree with OA that the long term trend and sentiment is negative.
It's currently going back to back hanging man technicals
jm94
AG
gougler08 said:

SoTXAg09 said:

Kicking my self for cashing OSTK calls earlier this week. Oh well, take the profit, right?
Never complain about a profit
Oddly enough, this is not in the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition.
pacecar02
I was gonna call you a nerd because i understand the reference

Just call me kettle
59 South
AG
Looks like we got the old flat Friday special to kill options.
E
AG
pacecar02 said:

I was gonna call you a nerd because i understand the reference

Just call me kettle

HoustonAg_2009
Just sold half my position in COOP @ $10.50
Brewmaster
AG
jm94 said:

The OSTK roller coaster continues, down almost $4 in the last hour

I got stopped out, bought back in on the dip, banked the difference

Desperate shorts now...naked, whatever they can do to close out positions at 25. Once it holds 30 the dam breaks!
leoj
AG
Yeah, seems like an inevitable ride towards the cliff

If anyone is following Dillard's, that is an even weirder situation.
leoj
AG
Also this is a day or two late, but RTN has broken out of its range
leoj
AG
La Bamba
AG
So do folks really think this OSTK run will continue?
ProgN
gougler08
AG
X can't hold a gain today, I'm keeping the puts now for sure after yesterday's hanging man
Brewmaster
AG
La Bamba said:

So do folks really think this OSTK run will continue?
Yep, a forced squeeze is about to happen. All shorts have to clear the table before Sep. 23rd. Schwab was the first to call in loaned shares earlier this week. I don't think it's an IF at this point, but a when (which day next week will it explode upward).
Nevertheless, always have protection (stop losses set) Not trade advice, do your own DD on it. There are some great follows on twitter that have vast knowledge on it...and some paid trolls (beware).
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

For the gamblers, AIMT goes before the FDA panel on 9/13
So this was a good call, I think? They passed their FDA thing today so Monday should be good.

I bought 2 $35 9/20 calls (lotto tix) and according to chatter that may be a bit too far out of the money, but I have an order in to sell one of them for what I paid for both, and if the thing decides to skyrocket and the other one goes deep itm I guess I could make some money by the time it expires friday? If it expires worthless at least I broke even (assuming the first one sells).

I think I've decided this is the best way for me to do my hail mary options plays. I get really pissed when I sell something and then it keeps climbing and I see what I missed out on, so now I'm trying to sell half when I hit 2x, then hold the rest and see what happens. So far this has only resulted in me getting my money back when I could have doubled it, but seems like one home run could make all the small misses worth it.
leoj
AG
WSJ reporting that Saudi Arabia is going to shut down half of its oil production after the drone strike on a facility.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Is now a good time to say I went in on OXY calls last week?
leoj
AG
I'm going to say yes
ProgN
IrishTxAggie said:

Is now a good time to say I went in on OXY calls last week?

Aramco is about to go public. Saudi will push oil prices as high as they can without pissing Trump off.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Aramco has been beating that drum for years now. I'll believe it when I see it. I also will never invest in them. Their transparency will be awful
gougler08
AG
Big bombing of the Saudi oil fields will help prices too
leoj
AG
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Truth. Didn't they try a year or so ago and backed off because they were unwilling to share enough of their financials?

I bought usou Thursday with my dwt proceeds!!! Rather be lucky than good!
leoj
AG
Yes. Also a concern if they list on nyse that American citizens could take them to court to hold them liable for a number of things, I believe.
ProgN
First Page Last Page
Page 738 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.