Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,980,365 Views | 224071 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by ProgN
jmcfar_98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Everybody's favorite stock.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/kfc-is-testing-beyond-meat-plantbased-fried-chicken-120016030.html
T Durden
AG
Everyone getting out of TRNX that hasn't already?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Ag92NGranbury said:

this increasing negative interest rate yields will not end well
That's because foreign money is running to the US. Its a cash flight from Asia and Europe into the US for some sense of security.
2wealfth Man
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Ag92NGranbury said:

That's because foreign money is running to the US. Its a cash flight from Asia and Europe into the US for some sense of security.
enjoy your strong dollars on european vacations
Ragoo
AG
NFLX is up $5 but still inside of the falling wedge.... waiting for a break out.
cgh1999
AG
T Durden said:

Ugh.
Ag92NGranbury
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Ag92NGranbury said:

just google searched and found this article...says the same thing that i'm saying... and watch out if neg yields come to the US

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/negative-interest-rates-japan-germany-france-150324580.html
T Durden
AG
cgh1999 said:

T Durden said:

Ugh.

Nevermind..
ProgN
Looks like the shorts are in OSTK now.
E
AG
For those of you in TEUM and NIO, what are your stop losses? Do you have any or has yours already passed? These just keep getting more negative by the day for a while now
george_92
Prognightmare said:

Its like Friday never ended for me. Well, my account actually shot up like a rocket in premarket only to come crashing down once the market opened.
JobSecurity
AG
I had tlry puts so this happened. Welp

ProgN
If we go negative today, this will be a rough few weeks. I just sold some positions at a loss to raise cash and I'm parked on the sidelines.
spud1910
AG
Prognightmare said:

If we go negative today, this will be a rough few weeks. I just sold some positions at a loss to raise cash and I'm parked on the sidelines.
I am thinking that may be a good idea. Wish I had sold some at the open.
ProgN
spud1910 said:

Prognightmare said:

I am thinking that may be a good idea. Wish I had sold some at the open.
Me too, that's why I'd rather take a smaller hit now than be wiped out on a major correction. Major cash position on 12/26/18 would have set you up for the year.
JobSecurity
AG
Algn chart looks rough. Barely holding on to support
CheladaAg
AG
So TRNX has now approved and increased to a 5 to 1 share dividend in their new company but record date is now Nov 5.
tailgatetimer10
AG
What percentage did you move out
ProgN
I'm in 75% cash now. If I'm wrong I can always buy back but I'm going to wait for awhile. China "wants to start talking" means a deal isn't imminent and if yields inverse again I just don't see a catalyst to prevent a selloff. JMO, I'd rather sit in cash.
Ragoo
AG
I am making a decent bet. Buying ROKU Jan 2020 120c. Synthetic long position thru their next earnings cycle.
ProgN

FWIW, he just tweeted this
ProgN
Ragoo said:

I am making a decent bet. Buying ROKU Jan 2020 120c. Synthetic long position thru their next earnings cycle.
Smart play, I'll be getting into ROKU calls for Jan on a selloff.
Brewmaster
AG
Prognightmare said:

yep, today wreaks of illegal shorting, garbage. It will bounce back as usual, I guess after the criminals get out.
Trolley Problems
Prognightmare said:

I'm in 75% cash now. If I'm wrong I can always buy back but I'm going to wait for awhile. China "wants to start talking" means a deal isn't imminent and if yields inverse again I just don't see a catalyst to prevent a selloff. JMO, I'd rather sit in cash.

Would setting tight trailing stops on my long positions be effectively the same thing? Or do I risk them not kicking in if large moves happen AH?
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Trolley Problems said:

Prognightmare said:

Would setting tight trailing stops on my long positions be effectively the same thing? Or do I risk them not kicking in if large moves happen AH?
Depends if your trailing stops are set as limit or market sales. The former can get gapped and not execute. Market sales on options (particularly thinly traded ones) can result in a very bad fill.
Trolley Problems
gotsand said:

Trolley Problems said:

Prognightmare said:

Depends if your trailing stops are set as limit or market sales. The former can get gapped and not execute. Market sales on options (particularly thinly traded ones) can result in a very bad fill.

Yeah, and I'm not 100% sure on how Schwab treats their trailing stops.Trying to figure that out now.

These are all on long stock positions, not options, so I'm not too worried about a huge bid/ask spread.

EDIT: Confirmed that Schwab treats them as market orders. They only trigger during normal trading hours though, so I'm still vulnerable to a gap down and a fill well below what the trailing stop was.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Market still doesn't like the Elanco/Bayer deal. I've got a call into some people on this one, but as of now, I'm thinking $24-22ish might be my new sweet spot. One of the largest markets for my industry is China and SE Asia and the figures I'm hearing on the swine aren't good at all. We're talking years before a repopulation.
CheladaAg
AG
OSTK going in the wrong direction post PB resignation.
Brewmaster
AG
boyz05 said:

shorts desperate to get out well before the dividend
khkman22
AG
Ragoo said:

What makes it a synthetic long, the fact they are ITM? Or did you mean $150?
Ragoo
AG
khkman22 said:

Ragoo said:

What makes it a synthetic long, the fact they are ITM? Or did you mean $150?
they are ITM, so I have only paid a $10 premium based on today's trading price for the 5 ish months I get to hold the options.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Anyone into DOCU after it exits this small consolidation range? Might take earnings as a catalyst.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
boyz05 said:

Sounds like the call this morning regarding the future of the organization went rather poorly. No purchaser for retail, and an investor for tZERO pulled out.
Brewmaster
AG
Maximus_Meridius said:

boyz05 said:

Sounds like the call this morning regarding the future of the organization went rather poorly. No purchaser for retail, and an investor for tZERO pulled out.
Not exactly how I read it. I think it went well and they reiterated "when" they sell retail, not if. There was also some negative news on OSTK by Fox News today. That sure was timely.

Under $17, is insane..
Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 720 of 6403

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.