Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,024,017 Views | 224213 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by ProgN
Brewmaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

I think the algos today were sucking in more bait on the long side before the next plunge.
OSTK - yep, sad but true. Some sold at 17.50, wtf??? Need to sell retail already and get a healthy pop up, a deal with FB or similar would be nice too.
khaos288
AG
BREwmaster said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

I think the algos today were sucking in more bait on the long side before the next plunge.
OSTK - yep, sad but true. Some sold at 17.50, wtf??? Need to sell retail already and get a healthy pop up, a deal with FB or similar would be nice too.

Geez, just looking at ostk, what a roller coaster the last year. What's with all the volatility??
pacecar02
https://www.gofundme.com/f/preparation-for-cory039s-chemo

posting this here too for added visibility

Jamar Toombs son is fighting cancer

here is the thread on the Aggie Football board

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3053971
JobSecurity
AG
Consumer confidence at 9 central.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Phillip Morris and Altria in discussions of merger
ProgN
CheladaAg
AG
Any good rational as to why the markets have gone up steadily after Friday and weekend's debacle? Just isn't making any sense to me. Is it algo driven?
IrishTxAggie
AG
boyz05 said:

Any good rational as to why the markets have gone up steadily after Friday and weekend's debacle? Just isn't making any sense to me. Is it algo driven?
The "calm" talks stuff coming out of China
pacecar02

Sometime you need a Trump

CheladaAg
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

boyz05 said:

I thought China came out disputing there hasnt been any communication that Trump spoke of at G7?
gougler08
AG
SPX is just sitting in a big wedge right now
ProgN
boyz05 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

boyz05 said:

I thought China came out disputing there hasnt been any communication that Trump spoke of at G7?
There's been communication or China would have raised tariffs again after Trump's after market tweet on Friday.
CheladaAg
AG
Prognightmare said:

boyz05 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

boyz05 said:

There's been communication or China would have raised tariffs again after Trump's after market tweet on Friday.
Gotcha thanks.
IrishTxAggie
AG
boyz05 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

boyz05 said:

That was a Beijing reporter that reported on the wishes of calm talks from Vice Premier Liu. He said that at an expo in Chongqing
JobSecurity
AG
Not much moving today. Bought K Sept puts on break down out of wedge
ProgN
BBY does report earnings in 2 days so I may add to my calls on that one. I'm watching CYBR for around $110 should the markets go down.
khaos288
AG
Prognightmare said:

BBY does report earnings in 2 days so I may add to my calls on that one. I'm watching CYBR for around $110 should the markets go down.

Feeling good on BBY bc of the solid retails over the summer? Or something else on top?
ProgN
Big box retailers have killed it, WMT,TGT etc. I suspect BBY will too. If so, it could take out its 52 wk high over a few days.
Brewmaster
AG
khaos288 said:

Geez, just looking at ostk, what a roller coaster the last year. What's with all the volatility??
lots of drama from the CEO (resigned recently), sent the stock up temporarily then shorts hit it hard. It has a lot of haters and shorts unfortunately.

Quote:

"Together, we will continue to work with the SEC as we develop a first-of-its-kind platform that will integrate blockchain capital markets into the current U.S. National Market System," he added.

https://www.ccn.com/breaking-boston-stock-exchange-partners-tzero-to-launch-regulated-security-token-exchange/
Aggie_2463
AG
COOP - down to $8.90
pacecar02
WPM running

And can someone help me, what is with CMG all the time?
ProgN
Post removed:
by user
CheladaAg
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

10 year Treasury is now at 1.47%, low in 2008-2009 was 1.38%. We are headed towards a world with no yield and it won't be good. TLT now up 22% on the year, still a long way to go if our rates go negative.
This was one big reason why I didn't understand why the markets opened green, should have been red from the get go because of this.
Post removed:
by user
Bonfire1996
AG
It is increasingly clear that the FED hates pro growth, Republican presidents.
Bonfire1996
AG
Speaking of FED, Former NY Fed governor just went dumbass....

"After all, Trump's reelection arguably presents a threat to the U.S. and global economy, to the Fed's independence and its ability to achieve its employment and inflation objectives," he wrote. "If the goal of monetary policy is to achieve the best long-term economic outcome, then Fed officials should consider how their decisions will affect the political outcome in 2020."
ProgN
JobSecurity
AG
XBI broke through key support. Gap below that looks like a solid fill candidate
TheBiggerEvent
AG
What's the exit on WPM 9/6 @$30 calls? Having a great day with two weeks to go
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
I'm using $1.25 - forgot what OAs target was, but it's close.
Harkrider 93
AG
boyz05 said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

10 year Treasury is now at 1.47%, low in 2008-2009 was 1.38%. We are headed towards a world with no yield and it won't be good. TLT now up 22% on the year, still a long way to go if our rates go negative.
This was one big reason why I didn't understand why the markets opened green, should have been red from the get go because of this.
The record low was in 2016 at 1.37. We didn't get below 2% in 2008. We have been below 2% a few times since 2011.

Based on the history, we should wonder why the stock market isn't going up when rates are below 2%.
Aggie_2463
AG
HEAR took a sharp turn down almost 6%... I actually sold this morning at a small loss to free up some cash, and right after that it dropped quick. Usually it spikes after I sell.
gougler08
AG
You certainly shouldn't have panicked while out of the country and sold for a loss last week to recoup some of the value
leoj
AG
Hey, at least you didn't get out of ROKU sept 13 $240 calls last week lol
First Page Last Page
Page 721 of 6407

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.