Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,100,152 Views | 224561 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by ProgN
Ragoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
$140?
ProgN

george_92
Aggie_2463 said:

HEAR took a sharp turn down almost 6%... I actually sold this morning at a small loss to free up some cash, and right after that it dropped quick. Usually it spikes after I sell.
Well I just sold to free up some cash so it should turn any minute now.
leoj
AG
Yes. Purchased on the 19th for 5.70, sold on the 20th for 4.50, currently around $10.50. No patience on this one, got spooked by a down day and market noise, so just another lesson to believe in what I'm doing.

Also the fact that I bailed on a strike date 4 weeks out a day into holding is frustrating. I let my other experiences with holding options that progressively continued to lose get to me.
JobSecurity
AG
I keep waiting for SHOP to have a pull back and it never does but I'm afraid to catch the top
Pignorant
AG
X (puts) gon give it to ya!
ProgN
I'm going long CYBR stock down here.
ProgN
Quote:

Roku's International Growth Will Soar, Like Netflix, Analyst Says -- Barrons.com
11:47 am ET August 27, 2019 (Dow Jones) Print
By Tae Kim

Roku's user-account base will more than double by 2025 from its overseas expansion, predicts William Blair analyst Ralph Schackart.

The back story. Roku stock (ticker: ROKU) has risen about 380% this year, with the company reporting impressive user growth and earnings. The Nasdaq Composite is up 19% over the same period.

Roku sells video-streaming hardware and licenses its operating system to TV makers, which enables consumers to watch content streamed over the internet.

What's new. On Tuesday, Schackart reaffirmed his Outperform rating for Roku shares, citing optimism over its international growth prospects. "Roku will experience similar phased stages of international growth as Netflix [NFLX] did during its international expansion," he wrote.

Roku shares were up 2.8% to $147.02 near midday Tuesday.

The analyst predicts Roku's active-accounts base will rise to more than 80 million by 2025 from the current 30.5 million. He also forecasts annual revenue per user will reach $58 by 2025 from the roughly $20 today.

Looking ahead. Schackart doesn't have an official price target for Roku stock, but said the shares had "100%-plus stock upside potential" through 2024.

Last week, Barron's said Roku's scale is driving a virtuous cycle. The company's account data allow advertisers to more-effectively target their campaigns. The rising ad revenue allows Roku to provide more free ad-supported video content, leading to more viewers.
chubbs07
AG
Just curious as to if of the technical guys in the group think that DBX will be able to climb back up, or spike, after this drop? looking at it today and it had a large volume spike upwards of 360K.. I am in on the Sept 20 $22 C, and wondering if it still has a chance. thanks in advance to all that help and provide info ..
FishrCoAg
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

It is increasingly clear that the FED hates pro growth, Republican presidents.

Wrong thread and wrong board
Brewmaster
AG
Prognightmare said:

I might buy in at 141-ish, (gulp)...whatever the next little dip is. Comparing it to NFLX (in it's prime) it's easy to see it can keep skyrocketing.

Bought HEAR and it immediately tanked. Figures.
Brewmaster
AG
boyz05 said:

Any good rational as to why the markets have gone up steadily after Friday and weekend's debacle? Just isn't making any sense to me. Is it algo driven?
Yes, I think so (mostly based on what I've read). Lots of manipulation to keep this whole thing afloat.
ProgN
chubbs07 said:

Just curious as to if of the technical guys in the group think that DBX will be able to climb back up, or spike, after this drop? looking at it today and it had a large volume spike upwards of 360K.. I am in on the Sept 20 $22 C, and wondering if it still has a chance. thanks in advance to all that help and provide info ..
I'm not in DBX but I don't believe it will go back to $22 before 9/20 unless some major news announcement comes out. I'd direct a post to OA because I believe he's in it and his trading acumen dwarfs mine.
ProgN
Quote:

Amazon wants exclusives for IMDb TV - WSJ
[url=https://seekingalpha.com/symbol/AMZN][/url][url=https://seekingalpha.com/author/sa-editor-brandy-betz][/url][url=https://seekingalpha.com/news/3495065-amazon-wants-exclusives-imdb-tv-wsj#][/url]
Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) wants original programming for the ad-supported streaming service, which launched yesterday for mobile devices.

WSJ
sources say Amazon has reached out to content suppliers for more exclusive licenses. The tech giant reportedly contacted Vice Media for "Vice News Tonight," which HBO canceled earlier this year.

Amazon has started offering some upfront license fees for exclusivity, shifting from the early model of sharing ad revenue.

The company is also exploring the possibility of creating linear channels focused on a genre or content provider, which could put competitive pressure on Roku (NASDAQ:ROKU).
ROKU under some pressure this morning. I'm not as concerned about AMZN hurting ROKU as much as I was a year ago. If this brings ROKU closer to $120, I'll be buying a ticket on that train.
ProgN
oldarmy1
AG
Capitulation swings created a flag. Which way it breaks will be a big move. Agony or ecstasy? Some say it's a bear flag, which is because it forms below trend highs. That very well may be but when it's all time highs that muddies the waters.

Still, I'd be cautious until we see a directional breakout or breakdown.
leoj
AG
Looks like Boris is trying to ram through a no deal Brexit
Brewmaster
AG
Prognightmare said:

ROKU under some pressure this morning. I'm not as concerned about AMZN hurting ROKU as much as I was a year ago. If this brings ROKU closer to $120, I'll be buying a ticket on that train.
120's??? I'll back up the truck if it gets to 120's. Okay, it's a very small $ truck, like hot wheels small.
Ragoo
AG
Thoughts on the falling wedge convergence on NFLX? Going back to the original gap down a month or so ago.
ProgN
That would only happen in a full blown selloff and capitulation of the markets. I'm not predicting that but it is a possibility.
pacecar02
What are folks looking at to quickly monitor yield curve inversion other than the individual bond rates?
oldarmy1
AG
Ragoo said:

Thoughts on the falling wedge convergence on NFLX? Going back to the original gap down a month or so ago.
That looks likely to me
Aggie_2463
AG
COOP down to $8.79

Anyone adding more? OA?

CX slowly been creeping up last few days.
oldarmy1
AG
Close X Puts
oldarmy1
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

COOP down to $8.79

Anyone adding more? OA?

Model T on COOP around $8.70
Aggie_2463
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Aggie_2463 said:

COOP down to $8.79

Anyone adding more? OA?

Can you explain what Model T means? I have seen it discussed multiple times.

Nevermind, found an explanation a few pages back.
Wrighty
AG
boyz05 said:

Any good rational as to why the markets have gone up steadily after Friday and weekend's debacle? Just isn't making any sense to me. Is it algo driven?
If I learned anything during the 2009 recession, it was "don't fight the Fed". The Fed played hero many times after bad news would come out, keeping the market from dropping further etc.

Nowadays, whenever bad news comes out, I always wonder if people are trading future Fed action as much as they are trading true stock values. So if news is bad enough, then Fed action becomes clear, and everyone trades the fact that the Fed will act in a positive way.
oldarmy1
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Aggie_2463 said:

COOP down to $8.79

Anyone adding more? OA?

Can you explain what Model T means? I have seen it discussed multiple times.

Nevermind, found an explanation a few pages back.
Short version its the median price between a low at breakout upward and the high's where it hit resistance profit taking.

Works in a stock that breaks down just the opposite as a general rule.
drill4oil78
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Capitulation swings created a flag. Which way it breaks will be a big move. Agony or ecstasy? Some say it's a bear flag, which is because it forms below trend highs. That very well may be but when it's all time highs that muddies the waters.

Still, I'd be cautious until we see a directional breakout or breakdown.
This flag pattern and general chart pattern is similar to what was going on last year from Oct-Nov. The only difference is the current pattern is forming above a rising 200dMA while the one last year formed below a flat to declining 200dMA and declining 50dMA that was getting ready to trend below the 200dMA.

Interesting times.
gougler08
AG
SFIX with the potential reversal day and JD with the bullish engulfing candle forming
leoj
AG
Is KEYS a magnet target for $100?
Brewmaster
AG
American weed stocks here we go... now the world's largest cannabis company with a presence in 19 states.

CURLF up to 12% up at one point today on positive earnings report - missed estimate, but revenue grew 231% to 48.5 million.

PT's I'm seeing are between 16 and $24. I'd expect it to pull back under $7 after it cools off from today's positive news.
BT1395
AG
Just bought back into DIS - happy to hold long term while the streaming wars heat up.
leoj
AG
Really interesting from a quick scroll on SA, thanks.
leoj
AG
Disney+ is going to be such a hit. I also saw that Target is opening Disney shops in select stores.
First Page Last Page
Page 722 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.