Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,087,169 Views | 224472 Replies | Last: 9 min ago by Spoony Love
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
george_92 said:

Surprisingly stock futures are currently flat. Maybe we get a break tomorrow. Let's hope so.
Their markets haven't open yet, check back at 7-8 cst.
ProgN
Markets ALWAYS overreact.
FriscoKid
AG
Prognightmare said:

george_92 said:

Surprisingly stock futures are currently flat. Maybe we get a break tomorrow. Let's hope so.
Their markets haven't open yet, check back at 7-8 cst.

Yep, nothing is open yet.
Post removed:
by user
ProgN
Spx futures down 35 but it's way early
george_92
I have it from good authority that tomorrow is going to be just fine.

U.S. Stock Futures
S&P
-41.10 / -1.44%
Level
Fair Value
Difference
Data as of 6:28pm ET
Nasdaq
-128.25 / -1.71%
Level
Fair Value

Difference

Dow
-365.00 / -1.42%
Level

ProgN
Get ya popcorn ready
IrishTxAggie
AG
george_92
I'm going to place an order to buy some TVIX once the market opens at 3:00 am to help soothe the pain. The worst that can happen is that some good news comes out after my trade and I lose a few thousand dollars instead of 10K.
Brewmaster
AG
GLD is one to watch, boat load of October calls at 155, it's currently at 142.

OSTK I think will go up tomorrow quite a bit on a "state of the union" type call (tomorrow morning). I expect we'll hear they're moving forward on selling retail and will reiterate the digital dividend (late September)...which they have already allocated the shares for.

of course do your own due diligence, just my rookie opinions here!
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Brewmaster
AG
Quote:

The ending of the article by GP will make you smile.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/08/must-read-trump-is-right-china-is-in-terrible-economic-condition-cannot-afford-to-lose-the-us-market/

The video is just under an hour, but if you make it to minute 18, you will not cut it off.

Yahtzee! love the article and video, thanks for sharing Farmer. Bannon definitely knows his stuff.
leoj
AG
Disney+ already has 650k followers on Instagram after 6 days.
the last of the bohemians
An educated guess would be major trade agreements in next 12 months with Japan, UK, India, Brazil, and Italy. This is why Trump is so brazen, he knows there are leaders in place or soon to be that will play ball. The worry is how China retaliates via geopolitical shenanigans not economic.
leoj
AG
A rough start to the week as Chinese markets open:

-Hong Kong's Hang Seng index falls 3.3%
-Shenzhen Composite opens 2% lower
-CSI 300 down 1.7%

@next_china
JobSecurity
AG
diablo loco
That may stop some of the bleeding temporarily. I don't see them cutting a deal with trump. All bs.
La Bamba
AG
diablo loco said:

That may stop some of the bleeding temporarily. I don't see them cutting a deal with trump. All bs.

What other option do they have? No other economy can continue to fund the Chinese governemnt and their rising levels of debt.
ProgN

jj9000
AG
Can someone explain the 5 Day chart on TRNX?

What's going on there?
ProgN
Penny stocks usually trade on news more than technicals. Irish will be on shortly and he follows TRNX pretty closely.
IrishTxAggie
AG
TRNX: "We turn dollars into pennies"

I actually stopped following it. I think if you hold the stock until mid-Sept. you get a share:share on the new spinoff. That's about all I know
E
AG
It just went through another reverse split.

Don't trust TRNX for crap. It's gone through a couple RS the past years and always goes down. They do have their times where it will spike hard randomly but goes down. I was able to get out of it last week or so when it was spiking.
ProgN
ProgN
With it looking like a break from the tit for tat tariff war, I'm looking at buying more BBY calls for their earnings this week. The big box retailers have been crushing earnings so I suspect BBY will as well.
ProgN
IrishTxAggie
AG
Disney could very well bankrupt NFLX... I might start looing at some puts on NFLX out to Q2 2020.

AgShaun00
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Disney could very well bankrupt NFLX... I might start looing at some puts on NFLX out to Q2 2020.

personally, i think i am cancelling nflx anyway. The content is ok, but with Disney+, I will move my dollars. I don't want to add to my spending.
pacecar02
interesting

What's the likely hood the feds go after corporations with huge catalogs solely available on a single platform via antitrust?
IrishTxAggie
AG
I wouldn't think any. It's not the ONLY content available. It's just their content. I see it no different than having to buy HBO, Showtime, etc. on top of your cable.
khaos288
AG
pacecar02 said:

interesting

What's the likely hood the feds go after corporations with huge catalogs solely available on a single platform via antitrust?

Absolutely zero. The only anti trust action we'll see in our life time will be google/Microsoft/amazon or the ISPs. Going after a streaming service would be like going after a book publisher bc they have all the good authors signed.
claym711
AG
Neither Disney or Apple will bankrupt Netflix.
IrishTxAggie
AG
claym711 said:

Neither Disney or Apple will bankrupt Netflix.
Can they keep up in the content wars with their cash burn though? I remember seeing an article not too long ago that said Netflix would need something like $25 billion/yr by 2024 for content creation and licensing? They'll also need to worry about being frozen out on licensing content. Their two highest viewed shows are disappearing by the end of the year.
deadbq03
AG
Colt98 said:

So with the markets looking like we may be in for lower movement can we talk about hedging a little. I know OA has discussed this in the past. Let say you have 100k in a trading acct., what would be the proper play/amount to hedge long trades? Personally I bought outs on spy and iwm at close Friday. I only bought 10 contracts of each and am thinking I should have bought 20 to have a proper hedge percentage. What do some of you guys do?
SPXS calls
Ag92NGranbury
AG
this increasing negative interest rate yields will not end well
First Page Last Page
Page 719 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.