Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,025,587 Views | 224232 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
khaos288
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

HoustonAg_2009 said:

I've bought and sold COOP twice since OA introduced it. I created another position today with this drop.
In the same boat as you, except I've done it about 5x lol. Picked up sme more at $9.04. Avg at $9.37.... in for the ride

Two posts about one stock? I'm in
Aggie_2463
AG
khaos288 said:

Aggie_2463 said:

HoustonAg_2009 said:

I've bought and sold COOP twice since OA introduced it. I created another position today with this drop.
In the same boat as you, except I've done it about 5x lol. Picked up sme more at $9.04. Avg at $9.37.... in for the ride

As long as George stays away, we should be ok.....
Aston 91
AG
iluvpoker said:

Ragoo said:

claym711 said:

Anyone remember who it was that started a thread years ago with stock picks that he referred to as something like nuts, like a squirrel getting nuts?
jeff Hamilton?

Remember that. Was like 10 years ago. His picks made a lot of money in the couple months before this board ran him off. Thread was titled something like blind squirrel plays. Maybe someone knows how to retrieve that thread. He might come back and post on it. Weird, I had forgotten all about him and those picks until you mentioned it.

Read on the politics board where they are waiting on him to come back because he predicted years ago that the next crash would be 2027.
Good memory. I believe this is the thread you're looking for...

Blind Squirrel Plays
ProgN
Smartass
Aggie_2463
AG
Prognightmare said:

Smartass

khaos288
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

khaos288 said:

Aggie_2463 said:

HoustonAg_2009 said:

I may have used up all my luck on ENPH at 13.54 and TTD at 176
ProgN
I support Trump but this selloff was all on him. The markets were moving higher after Powell spoke but Trump went scorched earth. On a Friday it's especially bad, look for Monday futures to be way lower.
Aggie_2463
AG
Prognightmare said:

I support Trump but this selloff was all on him. The markets were moving higher after Powell spoke but Trump went scorched earth. On a Friday it's especially bad, look for Monday futures to be way lower.
At least I still got my 401K funds sitting there waiting to move back into the market. Win some you lose some.
IrishTxAggie
AG
He'll say something later that will flip the futures. Then he'll say something again on Wednesday for a selloff...
HoustonAg2014
AG
gotsand said:

He just has to tweet it.
The fact that people haven't picked up on this is mind blowing to me... Whoever said that they want to make an algorithm for Trump tweets are smart, but also wayyyyyy late to the game. Those people have made a fortune over the past 3 years.
HoustonAg2014
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

He'll say something later that will flip the futures. Then he'll say something again on Wednesday for a selloff...
He will say something positive to calm the market into the weekend I think. He would have kept tweeting and said something earlier. The negotiation team reigned him in I think and told him to shut up.

You can tell from the tweets that this last round really got to Trump. I think his last move was to keep the tariffs that he has and demand all companies move back to the US. He is a business man and doesn't want to lose, but he will maneuver this and he is obviously wanting the FED to help navigate these waters. He KNOWS the FED needs to work with him to show that the US is stronger and that is his frustration. He wants to be unified even if the FED increases rates right after a deal is struck. He wants to show that the US is stronger and unified.
leoj
AG
I honestly think this next year could be bad. Stakes keep getting raised and neither side wants to back down. The only ammo left is going to be throwing punches and inflicting pain, not working together for a solution.
george_92
Aggie_2463 said:

khaos288 said:

Aggie_2463 said:

HoustonAg_2009 said:

I will leave COOP alone. I've got my luck riding on these 5 stocks, so caveat emptor.

FSLY 13% uh oh!!!!
GH 22%
OSTK 25% oh no!!!
PAYS 33% someone here gave me this one - might want to liquidate asap
ROKU 7% even I cannot ***c this one up.

I'm down 11% for the week after a huge success the last three weeks. I've got some margin also available so I buy some BZUN after it finds a bottom.
Aggie_2463
AG
george_92 said:

Aggie_2463 said:

khaos288 said:

Aggie_2463 said:

HoustonAg_2009 said:

I will leave COOP alone. I've got my luck riding on these 5 stocks, so caveat emptor.

FSLY 13% uh oh!!!!
GH 22%
OSTK 25% oh no!!!
PAYS 33% someone here gave me this one - might want to liquidate asap
ROKU 7% even I cannot ***c this one up.

I'm down 11% for the week after a huge success the last three weeks. I've got some margin also available so I buy some BZUN after it finds a bottom.
Hmm, looks like COOP up to $9.20 after hours after you said you would leave it alone!
ProgN

Have a great weekend.
JobSecurity
AG
I'm in EGO Sept calls. Broke out today and has a big gap to fill to 10.67 with plenty of time to get there
leoj
AG
Lol dear god. Let's just tariff everything at 50% and get it over with.
Post removed:
by user
La Bamba
AG
Well, looks like I need to return the ribeye and buy ramen for the next month.
leoj
AG
Quote:

HOLY.

$SPX has had [three -2.5% days within the past 15 days] while [managing to stay within 10% of all time highs during that period].

Care to see the other 3 times in history this happened?

Nov 7, 2007
Oct 10, 1955
May 27, 1929

HAPPY WEEKEND!

[data: stooq]
@oddstats

Obviously just interesting, not really predictive or reliable for forecasting. Just to be clear.
aggie2812-2
AG
How about 100%?
pacecar02
Prognightmare said:

Have a great weekend.

The norks apparently just launched missiles off the coast

Anyone else think that could be coordinated with the Chinese?

https://www.foxnews.com/world/north-korea-fires-ballistic-missile-report

ProgN
This Friday has everything in this **** storm today. I'm not optimistic for monday at all.
Bonfire1996
AG
On the bright side, have you guys checked out the trailer for the Mandalorian to be released on Disney+?

I cannot imagine a bigger way to release that platform. I think it's entirely reasonable to assume 50 million subscribers in two years. Sounds crazy, but I just don't see how everyone with a Netflix sub doesn't just sign up, nearly immediately. Or even switch. The content on Disney+ is going to be sooooo much better than Netflix.

I'm going long DIS on Monday, after capitulation. Probably kids 529 plan with college in 5 & 8 years away, respectively.
ProgN
My son is 4 so I'm going with Disney+ as soon as it's available over Netflix. Look into buying ROKU in his 529 on a pullback as well, it should be a monster in the streaming wars.
khaos288
AG
What kind of plays do you guys normally do? Buy and hold, day trading, short/long term options?
monarch
S
Prognightmare said:

I'm kinda getting to the point where I don't support the guy. "The art of the deal" my ass. His way of doing business is counterproductive- you don't get things in a negotiation by hammering your opposition to death. While I will grant you that the Chinese are cheaters and liars, you aren't going to get anywhere with them by continuing to blast them all over the place. I have dealt with these people in the past and you have to give them an out or you aren't going to get anywhere and right now, as much as DJT screams all over FOX and everywhere else that "...their economy is collapsing, we will get this done soon and we will get what we want and need" all I see are two economies shrinking and causing disruption around the world.

This guy is really F*****g things up.
ProgN
Our economy isn't shrinking yet, there are warning signs though.
pacecar02
monarch said:

While I will grant you that the Chinese are cheaters and liars, you aren't going to get anywhere with them by continuing to blast them all over the place.
The world over has treated China with kid gloves the past 30 years. They've enjoyed protected status as an up and coming nation the world over. From Bush the senior to the Clinton's and the Obama's they've been allowed to do as they wish with near impunity.

If you're going to carry a stick, someone has to believe you'll use it or what's the point? In the name of diplomacy the US and the UN's gentlemen/lady statesmen have failed in any way to get the Chinese on a level playing field.

But how exactly do you get China on board? I think there is an innate arrogance in the commie hardliners that wont allow them to view us a true equals and thus a "fair" deal.

What has worked for you Monarch? (genuine question, not trying to be argumentative)
Colt98
AG
So with the markets looking like we may be in for lower movement can we talk about hedging a little. I know OA has discussed this in the past. Let say you have 100k in a trading acct., what would be the proper play/amount to hedge long trades? Personally I bought outs on spy and iwm at close Friday. I only bought 10 contracts of each and am thinking I should have bought 20 to have a proper hedge percentage. What do some of you guys do?
drill4oil78
AG
Should have bough SH and PSQ when the Trumpster put out his tweet about responding to the Chinese Friday afternoon. I thought even he would not do something as stupid as put on additional tariffs Friday after the markets closed. Should have known Trump would do something irrational and not wait till after the weekend to make a rational statement later in the week in response.
ProgN
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7390343/China-warns-U-S-stop-wrong-trade-actions-face-consequences.html
Quote:

hina has warned the US that there will be consequences if it does not end its 'wrong actions' after Washington's decision to levy additional tariffs on $550 billion worth of Chinese goods.

The comments made by China's Ministry of Commerce came after the President Donald Trump announced on Friday that Washington will impose an additional 5 percent duty the Chinese goods.

In a tit-for-tat move in the bilateral trade dispute, Beijing had announced just hours earlier its latest retaliatory tariffs on about $75 billion worth of US goods.

'Such unilateral and bullying trade protectionism and maximum pressure violates the consensus reached by head of China and United States, violates the principle of mutual respect and mutual benefit, and seriously damages the multilateral trade system and the normal international trade order,' China's commerce ministry said in a statement on Saturday.

'China strongly urges the United States not to misjudge the situation or underestimate determination of the Chinese people,' it added.
george_92
Surprisingly stock futures are currently flat. Maybe we get a break tomorrow. Let's hope so.
IrishTxAggie
AG
The Asia markets will set the tone. Chinese central bank will likely devalue the RMB some more and then the HKD will fall out of sync too. Should be fun!
Dddfff
AG
Not sure how the trade deals end up, but what's the harm in trying to get better ones? Can't we always go back to getting violated dry?
First Page Last Page
Page 718 of 6407

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.