Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,973,132 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Bird Poo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgCPA95 said:

Bird Poo said:

People are keeping their cars longer. Thinking about investing in car parts suppliers. Any recommendations?

I have a small position in $AAP (Advance Auto Part) for the end use part of that idea.

Go to 34:38 of this with some insight

Thank youI'm going to look into this one some more.

I just paid $500 for a battery and alternatorand I did the work myself! Thank you YouTube. People are keeping their cars longer than any other time (in history?). Most people I talk to would rather put 300K miles on a vehicle than purchase new. The days of buying a new vehicle every 5-6 years to keep up with the Jones are over for a majority of Americans, and they tell us we're not in a recession yet?

I just think a lot of people are going to Cuba the ***t out of their cars, hanging onto the ones that are simpler to work on themselves. I also think this is one of the drivers of the reluctance to go electric. Shade tree mechanics cannot fix those cars.
Brewmaster
AG
Spot on. Tic believes new car prices will plummet. He may turn out to be right, we will see. EV's are a funny product. What material does the average EV have a lot of? Plastic. What are plastics a byproduct of? Oil. LOL.
Heineken-Ashi
Since the last decade was dominated by stocks that benefitted from disinflation and low rates, over the next couple of weeks I'll be scouring stocks that are expected to perform with higher inflation. These will likely be longer term setups, but some might have shorter triggers. I looked at a bunch of utilities tonight, and man, I think a deep correction is brewing in that sector. But most charts (key word most, not all), would merely be hitting support, even ones that seem to nosedive, before likely going even higher over the next 2-3 years. Lot of work to do, but knowing the levels to watch before it happens helps know what to buy when it does happen. Also looking at consumer staples.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Heineken-Ashi
Here's a fun one..

PH - Parker-Hannifin Corporation

Chart is in log scale like all my charts. Notice the channel with perfect touches on multiple points on the low and high end.

Is this one of those that I can say "this won't end well". Never been higher above the monthly Keltner. MACD through the roof. RSI at levels that every other time it got this heated it sold off 50-75% of its price. This might be the short of the century if you can time it. I'm calling $150-$175 over the next 1-4 years. And its at $529 today. Will it start tomorrow? Next week? Next month? Before going higher? Don't know. But the selloff is going to happen.

When I say things like "the risk is far greater than the reward at this point", how can you look at this chart and not believe me?

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
Ragoo
AG
Look at Eaton too
agdaddy04
AG
Interesting to see this one here. I work for a major Parker distributor. Still upset with myself for not going all in when it hit $100 in 2020. They've been an extremely frustrating company to do business with the last 3 years.
Heineken-Ashi
Ragoo said:

Look at Eaton too

AgShaun00
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Ragoo said:

Look at Eaton too

Eaton is one of my big manufacturers I buy a ton for in electrical construction. Lead times are out to 52-90 weeks and with data centers coming nonstop, they can't keep up with capacity. They added new lines, but hard thing for them is finding workers. I don't see a downtrend in this space for at least 5 years even if housing tanks as they do a ton of residential and commercial as it will be offset by healthcare, data centers, water/waste treatment plants.
McInnis 03
AG
I'll be watching IRBT for scalp today. Hovering right below psych-$10. If it opens above and stays i'll ride it for as long as it shows it's worthy.

Reminder that today, settlement time for stocks is now one day. That means if you go in and out on a cash account you can redeploy that money the next day instead of waiting 2 days for settlement.
Heineken-Ashi
Appreciate the insight.

Heineken-Ashi
Silver is looking promising, but I'm going to offer caution here. Let it prove itself. There is a chance there will be one more drop that could start this week.

bmoochie
AG
Hopped in a LULU $297.50 put below this $300 level. One of the McInnis's i think brought them up and if we get some macro down pressure, seems it could move a decent amount.
Heineken-Ashi
bmoochie said:

Hopped in a LULU $297.50 put below this $300 level. One of the McInnis's i think brought them up and if we get some macro down pressure, seems it could move a decent amount.
It's likely going to bounce on earnings next week, and possibly after an earnings spike down. I've got a weekly RSI buy signal. Last one was January 2022. It chopped marginally lower for a couple months until next earnings and then popped hard. Earnings are much closer this time. $250 would be preferrable before a bounce, but we don't always get the optimal looking chart.

Heineken-Ashi
Heineken-Ashi said:

NCLH fired a buy signal on daily candles Monday.
MACD tried to turn down but has resumed upward. Full steam ahead.

McInnis 03
AG
bmoochie said:

Do I get heart eyes yet?
bmoochie
AG
McInnis 03 said:

bmoochie said:

Do I get heart eyes yet?
no eyes on here but you get the heart! Did some quick charting and looks like a support level around $293 and then $290 below that. going to let this ride a little longer with a stop and see what she brings me.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Buying some more BRK/B. Pretty much the only thing I feel comfortable buying at the moment.
bmoochie
AG
got me with a little wick but i will take the base hit to start the week. $3.35 -> $5.
HoustonAg_2009
I'm pretty sure Prog has been tied up and not posting on here, but his recommendation on buying the dip of NVDA, SMCI, ARM was pure gold. All up 30-45% since recommendation. Is it time to ring the register and wait for another pullback?
LMCane
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Buying some more BRK/B. Pretty much the only thing I feel comfortable buying at the moment.
the "secret" purchase by Buffett was a massive position in Chubb Insurance during the last few months.

may pay to look into.
Heineken-Ashi
XLF has now started what looks to be a sizeable correction. We have a double top high and an impulsive downward looking move. Expecting a bounce this week and maybe into next, but at this point, I'd be very surprised to see another high. Be very careful out there.

XHB (homebuilder ETF), and XLRE are doing the same thing. Not good.

fauxstradamus
AG
Did you ever purchase those december $30 XLF puts months back? I have some contracts and would like to see them start paying.
bmoochie
AG
Very quiet in here compared to normal. Not sure if that is a sign or things to come or not but just an observation
EnronAg
AG
market trying to shrug off 2 terrible treasury auctions...trying to go green after watching yields just rip
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Also Houston is getting another round of crazy weather, and Dallas did last night?
El_duderino
I'm waiting for my current position to play out and also don't see great setups at the moment for my watchlist so it's just slow. Plus life itself has been a whirlwind lately
Heineken-Ashi
fauxstradamus said:

Did you ever purchase those december $30 XLF puts months back? I have some contracts and would like to see them start paying.
Yes. I'm also eyeing August-September dated in the coming 1-2 weeks.

McInnis 03
AG
Longed $HOOD 21C this morning, then all of a sudden saw a TON of flow on the 22c and 23c that made NO sense whatsoever. I followed more on teh 23c.

Well, $HOOD just announced a random ass $1B share buyback.

Happy day!
ProgN
HoustonAg_2009 said:

I'm pretty sure Prog has been tied up and not posting on here, but his recommendation on buying the dip of NVDA, SMCI, ARM was pure gold. All up 30-45% since recommendation. Is it time to ring the register and wait for another pullback?
No, don't ring the register on any of those because even if we were to have a massive correction, then those will be scooped up first. NVDA splits on 6/6 and will probably pullback but not worth gambling with the intention of buying it back. If SMCI declares a 10:1 or 20:1 split on 8/6, which I believe they will, then it will print $1,500/shr. ARM is just a great company and will ride the waves but major hitters are heavily invested in it. FTR, I expect POWL to declare a split as well, if they don't then the CEO should be throat punched. I still anticipate a SPY/SPX pullback is imminent, but no one has a crystal ball.

Nice to see Ragoo bringing up $ETN. Remember this brother?

Stock Markets - Page 6198 | TexAgs

With respect to Bmoochie's post:

I haven't been posting on any forums or Discord since the tornado hit. Everyone is safe which I'm thankful for but friends and family counting on me to do everything is taking it's toll on me mentally. It feels like I clock in when I wake up and clock out when I go to sleep, life has become another job. I'm not a ***** or *****ing, but I don't laugh anymore at the moment. I get it all done and it will pass, and I'll be back to my smartass self, but I don't have the energy or desire right now. Never discount to power of laughter, it truly is good for the soul.

Prog
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Longed $HOOD 21C this morning, then all of a sudden saw a TON of flow on the 22c and 23c that made NO sense whatsoever. I followed more on teh 23c.

Happy day!
And they're going to find a way to give it all back lol.

And yes OA1, I KNOW YOU SHOULD LEVERAGE AGAINST IT BUT SOME AREN'T ALLOWED TO
bmoochie
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Happy day!
Just scrolled and can confirm I did not see the recommendation earlier on this.
McInnis 03
AG
bmoochie said:

McInnis 03 said:

Happy day!
Just scrolled and can confirm I did not see the recommendation earlier on this.
Had i rec'd this I'd have been irresponsible. The trade "failed" on my 10-min plan a few times but I liked the other time frames so I held it.
bmoochie
AG
Best of luck brother, yall are in our thoughts! let me know if you need anything, I am in Houston and can assist if needed.
bmoochie
AG
Just messing with you, all good. On a teams call slightly bored and trying to pass the time.
McInnis 03
AG
Here's one I'm watching because of the oddness of the flow......$WOLF

The sheer volume of weird strike OTM calls being bought in June and July monthlies has me scratching my head.

I've been burnt following these before but I'll be watching just for interest sakes.
First Page Last Page
Page 6460 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.