Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,522,424 Views | 223304 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by ProgN
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
E said:

INTC to exit 5G Smartphone modem business, and focus 5G efforts on network infrastructure
Wall St. seems to like the news, it's going nuts right now.
oldarmy1
AG
Appreciate all who have donated to help the Aggie Anglers!
ProgN
INTC now at $59.40
ProgN
E said:

Prognightmare said:

I rolled into the 6/21 $75 strike calls in the case there's upgrades and continuation tomorrow. Bought some time as insurance.

ETA: The volume is INSANE.
I bought a couple 6/21 $75's after your post at $1.88

hopefully I can sell 1 tomorrow and let the other ride!
QCOM is at $75.25 AH. The INTC news looks like it will boost QCOM tomorrow as well.
ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/16/intel-announces-plans-to-pull-out-of-5g-smartphone-market.html
Quote:

Intel said on Tuesday that it's dropping out of the 5G smartphone market just hours after Qualcomm and Apple announced a six-year licensing agreement as part of a royalty settlement.

"The company will continue to meet current customer commitments for its existing 4G smartphone modem product line, but does not expect to launch 5G modem products in the smartphone space, including those originally planned for launches in 2020," Intel said in a statement late Tuesday.

Intel shares rose about 4 percent to $58.97 in extended trading after the announcement. The company said it will provide additional details about its plans in its earnings report on April 25.

In January, Intel named Robert Swan as permanent CEO, ending a months-long search following the ouster of Brian Krzanich. It's up to Swan to find markets that work for Intel as sales of PCs continue to slide. The company said that in addition to exiting 5G smartphones, it's assessing its future in so-called internet of things devices, or the growing number of gadgets that are connected to the web.

In the smartphone market, "it has become apparent that there is no clear path to profitability and positive returns," Swan said in the statement. The company has warned in the past that margins are lower in the device market than in data centers. Intel said it will keep investing in its 5G network infrastructure business
gougler08
AG
Damn, sold QCOM too early on the flash to 70...oh well, can't sneeze at 25% profit in a week
leoj
AG
Thanks OA, exactly what I realized as I had seen your posts on the early opening premium spikes before and realized too late I missed the large gain. Lesson learned. Now to determine what level to set the sell limit order at...
gougler08
AG
So revisiting CGC, seems to be in a big time declining wedge right? Seems like it has to break out one way or the other soon...
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Sold 100% of CSCO at targeted $0.80 for yet another 100%+ gain.

My answer to the $58 call inquiry is not for me.

If people rolled their QCOM calls as suggested you will note that your original investment is back to net even.
Hope you didn't do this.

tramaro1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Alright for those who would care to donate to the Aggie Anglers via online they go through the University Foundation. You'd want to enter the code 959110 for donations to be credited properly. Since they aren't officially recognized it will be an unlisted account.

Since you can't put my dad's name anywhere on that site it would be a great gesture if you posted your donation given in support of J.L. Taylors efforts, on the Aggie Angler Facebook page.

Donated, thanks OA!
La Bamba
AG
So last night, someone posted a screenshot on Stocktwits of a 600 million share purchase of Nio late in AH. Can someone confirm that it was real? Cause...yeah Nio is up 10% PM this morning.
ProgN
La Bamba said:

So last night, someone posted a screenshot on Stocktwits of a 600 million share purchase of Nio late in AH. Can someone confirm that it was real? Cause...yeah Nio is up 10% PM this morning.
I guess OA's order got filled then.
La Bamba
AG
OA dabbles in the dark pool arena. What a boss!
leoj
AG
Qcom is up 9% ah. Wow
ProgN
E said:

Prognightmare said:

I rolled into the 6/21 $75 strike calls in the case there's upgrades and continuation tomorrow. Bought some time as insurance.

A slew of upgrades boosting QCOM this morning!

$77 in pre-market.
oldarmy1
AG
Closing CSX and remaining QCOM this morning. Now I know why it's called "Holy Week". 148% on ROKU, 1355% on QCOM, CSX 218%, NVDA 148%.

Praise the Lord!
IrishTxAggie
AG
La Bamba said:

600MM shares would be ~80% of all the shares. So I doubt it.
Ragoo
AG
Ragoo said:

gougler08 said:

Ragoo said:

gougler08 said:

Bonfire1996 said:

gougler08 said:

Thoughts on NFLX now that its running going in to earnings? I had planned to hold but now this is giving me 2nd thoughts...
I'd sell. They have a valuation problem with new competition.
Yeah, I'm leaning that way too with Disney coming on strong (and everyone else)...hesitation was the big volumes that have come in on it today with earnings AH
personal or Roth account? Cost basis?
Personal...cost basis at 330, so may just take the money and run
362-330*.35= $11 and change per share in tax. You think it has the potential to drop that much AH?

I'd hold.
hope you held
jmcfar_98
AG
Wow. NFLX turnaround premarket. Whipsaw. Down AH and up PM
59 South
AG
Well I guess I sold my QCOM calls too early but I'm not gonna complain about 1851% in a week!
E
AG
Prognightmare said:

E said:

Prognightmare said:

$77 in pre-market.

Anyway to see what they'll open at? I'd like to sell one of them at market open
jmcfar_98
AG
59 South said:

Well I guess I sold my QCOM calls too early but I'm not gonna complain about 1851% in a week!

I'm right there with you.

What a perfect storm for QCOM.

Settle lawsuit, sign extension with Apple and INTC backs out of 5G.
ProgN
E said:

Prognightmare said:

E said:

Prognightmare said:

$77 in pre-market.

Anyway to see what they'll open at? I'd like to sell one of them at market open
No, I put an order to sell mine at $10. I can adjust it accordingly once it opens.
E
oldarmy1
AG
CSX +$3.48 QCOM +9.30

Exits will be glorious
ProgN
I sold at $8. I'll take it for an overnight trade.
oldarmy1
AG
Selling QCOM RIGHT NOW
singer10
AG
Decided to buy 10 QCOM 77.5 4/18 for .07 yesterday. Up 6,600% so far.
ProgN
sell it!
oldarmy1
AG
$21.50

That's it for me. I'm done for the week! Happy Easter all!!!
ProgN
singer10
AG
Turned $70 into $5,300 overnight. Thanks oa1! I'll be making a donation to the Aggie Anglers today.
ProgN
singer10 said:

Turned $70 into $5,300 overnight. Thanks oa1! I'll be making a donation to the Aggie Anglers today.
Great job buddy!
oldarmy1
AG
singer10 said:

Much appreciated!

Nice trade. Anyone dare to buy a weekly $78 Put for profit taking tomorrow? 50-60's cents might be interesting if it gets there on another spike upward.
E
AG
Sold at 8.55

Thanks for the tip! The biggest gain I've had so far since I started investing late last year. This trade is getting me closer to breaking even on everything invested so far. Slowly making up for what I've lost on TRNX and EPE...
First Page Last Page
Page 466 of 6381

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.