Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,102,017 Views | 224571 Replies | Last: 11 min ago by Ragoo
Señor Chang
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yes, please keep posting.
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

DE hit $150 target for initial trade sells for 25%.

Should I keep posting these for entries I had posted when buying? These were posted on the 2350 S&P day entering at $137. I am doing a straight sell on 25% and a covered call $150 out 2 weeks on another 25%
We will take any and all advice from you...as we bounced right off 2525 as you thought
Yup...that should be expected as it is the ultimate battle lines for bull/bear. Bears will not go quietly into the night.

But oh boy if bulls bust through that on volume then the horns on that sucker will make Bevo look like a Hereford!

And here's the fun part of the strategies layed out. I don't care if we languish and retest lows or bust through. Positions are taken at inflection flash points and its all just a show up around here as I take profits on a portion and hedge. If we go full bull my hedges reduce gains already made by around 1.4%. Meanwhile I'm up 16.7% average on all trades entered. Think I care about 1.4%?

oldarmy1
AG
Remember that comment on BABA and JD about when China deal is reached BABA will pop $15 and JD $5?

Looks like they are getting a head start.

Note: I posted already the strategic sells on BABA but adding the covered call strategy on JD here as it crested initial $22 target on 25% versus a straight sell.
oldarmy1
AG
Heads up that I have my ROKU 25% sell at the magnet $33 price. Big round numbers generally get hit once within 20 cents remember.
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Remember that comment on BABA and JD about when China deal is reached BABA will pop $15 and JD $5?

Looks like they are getting a head start.

Note: I posted already the strategic sells on BABA but adding the covered call strategy on JD here as it crested initial $22 target on 25% versus a straight sell.
JD still needs to get through 22.50 for me to believe it's going to do anything...but here's to hoping as I'm long there and could use making some money back!
oldarmy1
AG
That didn't take long. ROKU $33 sells filled from $27.50 major buys on the 2350 flash day.

For SEP and 401k accounts I'm selling $33 covered calls out to Feb for $1.50 extra juice or holding reductions if pulls back.
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Should I keep posting these for entries I had posted when buying? These were posted on the 2350 S&P day entering at $137. I am doing a straight sell on 25% and a covered call $150 out 2 weeks on another 25%
We will take any and all advice from you...as we bounced right off 2525 as you thought
Yup...that should be expected as it is the ultimate battle lines for bull/bear. Bears will not go quietly into the night.

But oh boy if bulls bust through that on volume then the horns on that sucker will make Bevo look like a Hereford!

And here's the fun part of the strategies layed out. I don't care if we languish and retest lows or bust through. Positions are taken at inflection flash points and its all just a show up around here as I take profits on a portion and hedge. If we go full bull my hedges reduce gains already made by around 1.4%. Meanwhile I'm up 16.7% average on all trades entered. Think I care about 1.4%?

2518 is your magic number on the close still to be really confident on us moving up next week?
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

2518 is your magic number on the close still to be really confident on us moving up next week?
2525 would be 90%+

2518, basically closing at or above 3 day high, would be 75%

Above 2500 60%

Below 2500 50/50
oldarmy1
AG
BAC major buyers just edging their buys in creating the rising line waiting for that 2525. All heck breaks loose on it if that happens on volume. I'll buy 1000 Calls in the 12-14 cent level a dollar higher if we can break that and BAC hasn't risen above $25.50

FHUAggie
gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

oldarmy1
AG
NIO Update

The whole new manufacturing rules in China hit NIO pretty good but note that even at the worst of the flash sell off it couldn't reach its previous lows. They are ahead of production schedule and sales are going to start showing on their forward flow.

Nothing has changed on my long term outlook. As you know I planted it for a net free holding. I also bought it on the flash days as one of a bunch of entered trades. Not nearly the volume as others but I have zero worries about a sub $7 entry on that stock.
oldarmy1
AG
ROKU technical breakout. Imagine if it follows through with a 50% retracement upward to $37.75 area.
oldarmy1
AG
SQ with technical breakout as well. These seem to be signaling 2525 is confident to be broken.
gougler08
AG
TWTR shot through that downward trend line as well
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

TWTR shot through that downward trend line as well
Yup....$31 would be resistance on natural move.
oldarmy1
AG
FMC $76.58 and I had no plan for this much of a move on that stock, so I'm going to sell covered calls on half of everything I didn't sell at as it busted $75.
gougler08
AG
JD trying that 22.50
Bill S. Preston, Esq
I've been following this thread for a while and really appreciate the insight here. I'm fairly new to investing and looking for a place to get started -- any books, websites, podcasts, etc. that you (or anyone else here) would recommend to get started on trading and options? Thanks!
ProgN
NFLX just added to Goldman Sachs "conviction buy list"
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

The fact that it was at 390 after killing earnings just 2ish months ago makes me think it will be heading back there soon if the market breaks through
J_Landes89
AG
oldarmy1 said:

NIO Update

The whole new manufacturing rules in China hit NIO pretty good but note that even at the worst of the flash sell off it couldn't reach its previous lows. They are ahead of production schedule and sales are going to start showing on their forward flow.

Nothing has changed on my long term outlook. As you know I planted it for a net free holding. I also bought it on the flash days as one of a bunch of entered trades. Not nearly the volume as others but I have zero worries about a sub $7 entry on that stock.

Thanks..

NIO my biggest hold right now.
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

JD trying that 22.50
A HUGE point and observation to be made on these kind of moves. Guys its Friday. What is the general rule on options for Friday? You get any initial move fairly early and then the next 50 cent price point becomes resistance.

Well you could have bought a JD $22 call expiring today an hour ago for 10 cents that is now trading at 50 cents. Same across a bunch of stocks. What does that tell you about the big picture on bull sentiment?

Now you take BAC at $23.33 with $23.50 calls at 4 cents and if that gets broken the markets will be over 2525 I bet.

$40 buys you a daily 1000 share lotto ticket on BAC right now at much better odds
shiphunt
AG
2525 here we go again. Let's see if we can bust it open
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

Prognightmare said:

The fact that it was at 390 after killing earnings just 2ish months ago makes me think it will be heading back there soon if the market breaks through
I have magnet sells on NFLX set at $300 from the flash down $231's entered.

Wonder how the fund managers are faring for week 1 ROI's?
oldarmy1
AG
Remember afternoon profit takers into a weekend. Gonna need to push on above 2525 if its to close above there.
oldarmy1
AG
Day traders that haven't exited will look for one more push upward and sell remaining trades. OR this last push WAS that push to new highs. Either way if you have sells to make or covered calls to place then now is the time to be done.
oldarmy1
AG
Come on markets...let's just throw gas on the fire and show a bull move to generate conviction. I know all the 401k's will thank you. Surprise everyone with a move to 2550 today
oldarmy1
AG
If AMZN doesn't end up triple digits I'll be disappointed in it. Get into the game AMZN!
oldarmy1
AG
There we go. 2529
IrishTxAggie
AG
Is another DJ 1K day on the horizons?
oldarmy1
AG
BAC $23.44. That $40 lotto ticket at $50 bid now and $60 ask. One more push up and it goes into the money for a 100%+ couple of hour payoff.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

gougler08 said:

JD trying that 22.50
A HUGE point and observation to be made on these kind of moves. Guys its Friday. What is the general rule on options for Friday? You get any initial move fairly early and then the next 50 cent price point becomes resistance.

Well you could have bought a JD $22 call expiring today an hour ago for 10 cents that is now trading at 50 cents. Same across a bunch of stocks. What does that tell you about the big picture on bull sentiment?

Now you take BAC at $23.33 with $23.50 calls at 4 cents and if that gets broken the markets will be over 2525 I bet.

$40 buys you a daily 1000 share lotto ticket on BAC right now at much better odds
Congrats! Your $40 Lotto ticket can be sold for $90 unless you're really greedy. It's hit as high as 11 cents so $110.
oldarmy1
AG
Speaking of lotto tickets someone has Jan 18th CDE $6 calls for 1 cent.

It's only 10 so not worth messing with the shares I have but should gold breakout that $10 ticket would be better than a lunch loss.

Who sells an option out that far for a penny?! Markets do crazy things. I wish they had 1000 sitting there and we'd dance.
leoj
AG
Idk why robinhood won't let you buy same day options.
oldarmy1
AG
leoj said:

Idk why robinhood won't let you buy same day options.
Really? They don't? Is that same for that Gold version as well?

S&P 2533

I'm doing a Marty McFly to AMZN. HELLO! Are you there AMZN?! Should be up 125
First Page Last Page
Page 339 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.