Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,519,909 Views | 223292 Replies | Last: 15 min ago by ravingfans
badharambe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I bought some NUGT calls prior to Christmas based on the 5 year dollar index looking super bearish with an ascending triangle which could complete a final shoulder on h&s. (And no rate raising would probably weaken the dollar)
Im green, but sadly, jnug has been the better mover by far.
Rice and Fries
Bought some $120 March 15th AAPL put options this morning on the open. Normally don't prefer to buy options on the open but it's in the green right now.

Another thing to note:
- The 2YR UST is now at the same level as the Fed Effective Rate of 2.4%, which is betting that Fed Rate Hikes are dead in the water for now.
IrishTxAggie
AG
You've got some balls going with those puts... Hope it works out for you.
ProgN
pfo
AG
Futures up big prior to the jobs report being released.

Insider trading happens every single day!

oldarmy1
AG
This and China progress fuels a pop. Need to see a serious rally above 2525 for some trend upward.
oldarmy1
AG
NFLX on a short chasing move. If we move upward at all it will be over $300.

And AAPL under $150 is a gift. I thanked them for providing an opportunity to add on this overreaction.
gougler08
AG
pfo said:

Futures up big prior to the jobs report being released.

Insider trading happens every single day!

SPX was up 36+ points earlier, so it's actually come down 5-10 points
oldarmy1
AG
BAC $25.10 just like that.
oldarmy1
AG
They made it back and then some into opening +37.50

Just let my FMC rock on up to $75 please.
oldarmy1
AG
MGM option trade 2nd time going to pay. Don't get caught napping on the double. Exit and smile
oldarmy1
AG
Selling 50% of my craptastic amount of FMC buys above $75 for a wonderful $2 cushion on the rest.
gougler08
AG
I'm getting some puts in place for 1/11 on this bounce, still think we're going to see an h soon
oldarmy1
AG
Go bizzaro world. Do the opposite and buy an equal amount of Calls out of the money on first pullback at lower prices out 2 weeks.

Lot of pure reversal strength across multiple sectors.
oldarmy1
AG
That's assuming we get any significant pullback. Another 30 minutes and we'll be calling a short squeeze confirmation. You see an SQ completely cover yesterdays drop and move upward then big money is swimming with the bulls.
ProgN
gougler08 said:

I'm getting some puts in place for 1/11 on this bounce, still think we're going to see an h soon

Let us have a little fun on a Friday.
oldarmy1
AG
There was your first short trap move! Game on
ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/04/powell-says-fed-will-be-patient-with-monetary-policy-as-they-watch-how-economy-does.html

oldarmy1
AG
The machines are in control. Timed the pullback just ahead of the release on interest rates. Powerful money knows all and that is some scary stuff!
jmcfar_98
AG
Now if US & China can agree next week watch out.
ProgN
Yep
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

gougler08 said:

Let us have a little fun on a Friday.
If I'm wrong...most of my money is in stocks/ETFs/funds anyways so I'll take a small loss in my trading account
Josepi
AG
Weatherford up 27% today. Anyone still holding on to any shares? If they can keep from being de-listed, it could be an interesting gamble.
oldarmy1
AG
SQ hit my $58 target for dumping 20% of buys. Whoop!
oldarmy1
AG
Will take 2525 to see BAC run to $27+

Lot of shorts on that sucker fighting tooth and nail hoping this isn't a trend reversal move.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Whole lot of shorts with puckered buttholes right about now...
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Will take 2525 to see BAC run to $27+

Lot of shorts on that sucker fighting tooth and nail hoping this isn't a trend reversal move.
2520 seems to be pretty firm resistance over the past week
Ragoo
AG
jmcfar_98 said:

Now if US & China can agree next week watch out.
i bought spy 255 calls out 18 days this morning. Hoping things get rocking.
oldarmy1
AG
Why 2525 is a definitive trend requirement.

The 3 day pattern is an attempt at a reversal. You have a middle lower low than either day before or after forming the triangle. If it fails its generally signaling further decline. The day 3 pattern is the key. See the last one that had the bottom triangle but the 3rd day failed to reach close to the 1st day high. I call that a Bear Wink signal and hedge accordingly into the close.

This current 3 day attempt has come all the way back and eclipsed the 1st day of the triangle. a close above 2518 would be extremely bullish and I wouldn't hedge anything. A close above 2500 would be bullish but I would hedge. All this against the backdrop of getting fills at targets on % of stocks bought on the 2350 bottom and those entered yesterday like FMC or re-entered sales made from 2350 such as SQ and V rebuys, along with selling naked Puts on stocks like AAPL.

Buy low/sell high!

also note we have a cup and handle from the 2350 forming.
oldarmy1
AG
2522!
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

2522!
We may be going somewhere
oldarmy1
AG
BABA hitting my $140 target for initial sells of $130 buys but I'm selling $140 covered calls for added juice.

Only 25% of buys. Obviously indications are looking like a bull move on the markets coming, so strictly discipline selling of trading shares on schedule.
oldarmy1
AG
MGM reached $26 target and options sold!
oldarmy1
AG
DE hit $150 target for initial trade sells for 25%.

Should I keep posting these for entries I had posted when buying? These were posted on the 2350 S&P day entering at $137. I am doing a straight sell on 25% and a covered call $150 out 2 weeks on another 25%
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

DE hit $150 target for initial trade sells for 25%.

Should I keep posting these for entries I had posted when buying? These were posted on the 2350 S&P day entering at $137. I am doing a straight sell on 25% and a covered call $150 out 2 weeks on another 25%
We will take any and all advice from you...as we bounced right off 2525 as you thought
First Page Last Page
Page 338 of 6380

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.