Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,099,581 Views | 224561 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by ProgN
leoj
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not seeing it on my app, but I thought that they did. Oh well. Still trying to decide what to do with my CELG capital I freed up.
oldarmy1
AG
$26 BAC 20 cents or better to next Friday would be worthwhile risk

gougler08
AG
oldarmy1
AG
Anatomy of a short squeeze folks. We are squeezing hard right now so a Monday pullback begins to look likely as this continues on momentum.

BUY. THE. DIPS.
oldarmy1
AG
In my younger days I would sit on my hands watching the flash downs and then watch equally as stocks squeezed higher. The hardest thing to do for a ton of traders is pull the trigger when everyone is saying its doomsday.
oldarmy1
AG
Bill S. Preston, Esq said:

I've been following this thread for a while and really appreciate the insight here. I'm fairly new to investing and looking for a place to get started -- any books, websites, podcasts, etc. that you (or anyone else here) would recommend to get started on trading and options? Thanks!
Hi Bill

This was one of the first books I read. These will begin to get you into the sense of wallstreet, although a lot of the first book didn't have insight into all of the technology, but its good starting points.

https://www.amazon.com/Market-Wizards-Jack-D-Schwager/dp/0887306101/ref=asc_df_0887306101/?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid={creative}&hvpos={adposition}&hvnetw=o&hvrand={random}&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl={devicemodel}&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583795260829447&psc=1

The follow on book was worthwhile too:

https://www.amazon.com/New-Market-Wizards-Conversations-Americas/dp/0887306675/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_14_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=W6ED7V19GTWJ8603W5DQ
oldarmy1
AG
Seeing several services now posting call option alerts to enter ROKU $35 target strikes.

Sheesh talking about being behind the curve. I wouldn't enter a call on it after the pop. Yeah it likely gets there on momentum but that's as bad as the downgrades today on ALGN - which by the way paid off a net $2.40/share after the $1.80/share hedge.
evan_aggie
AG
OA1, I have this mental image of you sitting in your command center, ala Hugh Jackman in SwordFish, with 6-7 monitors flashing numbers and techno music wailing in the background.
deadbq03
AG
Noob question here... what situations (besides ex-div) would it take to get exercised early?

Take for example my TROX190118C7 covered call which is now both ITM and (sadly) above my break-even. If I was on the other side of the coin, my simple mind would have exercised early and done something with it on a day like today (either sell outright or sell another call) - what am I missing?
ProgN
evan_aggie said:

OA1, I have this mental image of you sitting in your command center, ala Hugh Jackman in SwordFish, with 6-7 monitors flashing numbers and techno music wailing in the background.

If you subscribe to OA's webcam, here's a live look at him at the moment.
IrishTxAggie
AG
I told you not to tell him about that!!!
gougler08
AG
Big volume on NFLX
ProgN
Dan Scott
AG
Geez trump about to have press conference
ProgN
Dan Scott said:

Geez trump about to have press conference
I suspect it will be positive. He will brag about the jobs number, Fed backing off of future fast rate hikes and trade talks with China next week. If I were betting, it would help the market by scaring the shorts even more before the weekend.
oldarmy1
AG
evan_aggie said:

Ha!

gougler08
AG
1 screen for Texags...I assume it's 2 at the house?
ProgN
TexAgs present in the trophy room.

oldarmy1
AG
deadbq03 said:

Noob question here... what situations (besides ex-div) would it take to get exercised early?

Take for example my TROX190118C7 covered call which is now both ITM and (sadly) above my break-even. If I was on the other side of the coin, my simple mind would have exercised early and done something with it on a day like today (either sell outright or sell another call) - what am I missing?
So this is a Jan 18 $7 call? Sorry away from lookup
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

1 screen for Texags...I assume it's 2 at the house?
ROFL! Absolutely.

Gotta keep 1 eye on the market forum and 1 eye on Looch at home....
oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

TexAgs present in the trophy room.

That furthest deer is much larger than the one on the left. It is a 15 pointer. Wall further away illusion.
Señor Chang
AG
Anyone still big on RRTS? It's down 7% today.
oldarmy1
AG
Seor Chang said:

Anyone still big on RRTS? It's down 7% today.
I'm sitting on 332k net free shares. How about we set up a distribution contest?
deadbq03
AG
oldarmy1 said:

deadbq03 said:

Yessir
IrishTxAggie
AG
You can distribute them to me...
gougler08
AG
TWTR just went through 30 with volume
oldarmy1
AG
deadbq03 said:

oldarmy1 said:

deadbq03 said:

Yessir
Not likely to get exercised early but it really doesn't matter because it most definitely will be. No way a stock that ranged down there and then broke out will retrace back to its range. What happens is the buyer of that call sells the option to someone else and so on and so on. That is 99% of how options are handled.
tramaro1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Will take 2525 to see BAC run to $27+

Lot of shorts on that sucker fighting tooth and nail hoping this isn't a trend reversal move.

OA, why is a good exit point? I have made 45% ROI, should I take my money and run or do you think it will go a lot higher?
oldarmy1
AG
Oh the markets lulled some top looking short sellers in on people profit taking and worried that we had topped and is smacking them in the face. Bear market rips and short seller traps have no mercy.
oldarmy1
AG
tramaro1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Will take 2525 to see BAC run to $27+

Lot of shorts on that sucker fighting tooth and nail hoping this isn't a trend reversal move.

OA, why is a good exit point? I have made 45% ROI, should I take my money and run or do you think it will go a lot higher?
Its on a technical breakout but after a day like today its a coin toss on pull back versus continued short squeezing. I think it reaches over $27.50 and you have time. You gotta look at capital gains as well. Are you cool with selling today and hoping for a pullback to net above an additional capital gains hit? These are the decisions.
gougler08
AG
gougler08 said:

Big volume on NFLX
The downside is that we left a gap on NFLX at 275 today...wouldn't mind trying to retrace and close that quickly as I really don't want it to come back down here any time soon
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

gougler08 said:

Big volume on NFLX
The downside is that we left a gap on NFLX at 275 today...wouldn't mind trying to retrace and close that quickly as I really don't want it to come back down here any time soon
And we have ZERO upside gaps on the S&P. Flying blind on the gap analysis upward.
claym711
AG
Another enormous volume-price bar today on Powell's feather growth. Turning into a real dove. 30 points in 12 minutes.

Hopefully consolidating on top for 2520 area for a gap up weekend.
gougler08
AG
We bounced up off 2524 hard a little while ago...let's hope we can hold it
ProgN
Profit taking in SQ and I think shorts pilling on.
First Page Last Page
Page 340 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.