Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,988,071 Views | 224152 Replies | Last: 42 min ago by McInnis 03
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SQ with the last 20 minute weekly option rip. $58 calls down to a dime then up to 32 cents.
oldarmy1
AG
Adding to CX late today to build on position below $5. Volume buys picked up noticeably today.
ProgN
Did you see the volume on ROKU? I just noticed it. That's yuge.
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

DE hit $150 target for initial trade sells for 25%.

Should I keep posting these for entries I had posted when buying? These were posted on the 2350 S&P day entering at $137. I am doing a straight sell on 25% and a covered call $150 out 2 weeks on another 25%
We will take any and all advice from you...as we bounced right off 2525 as you thought
Yup...that should be expected as it is the ultimate battle lines for bull/bear. Bears will not go quietly into the night.

But oh boy if bulls bust through that on volume then the horns on that sucker will make Bevo look like a Hereford!

And here's the fun part of the strategies layed out. I don't care if we languish and retest lows or bust through. Positions are taken at inflection flash points and its all just a show up around here as I take profits on a portion and hedge. If we go full bull my hedges reduce gains already made by around 1.4%. Meanwhile I'm up 16.7% average on all trades entered. Think I care about 1.4%?

2518 is your magic number on the close still to be really confident on us moving up next week?
2525 would be 90%+

2518, basically closing at or above 3 day high, would be 75%

Above 2500 60%

Below 2500 50/50

Even if it does mean I lose some on those puts
drill4oil78
AG
SQ is perhaps a take over candidate after the 50% decline .... perhaps by AAPL .... AAPL Pay is not working that great and they could use SQ. AAPL needs to buy something with their cash.
oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

Did you see the volume on ROKU? I just noticed it. That's yuge.
Yeah blow out short covering so watch that for a pullback Monday
gougler08
AG
So I'm selling my employee stock plan shares for the guaranteed profit...think I should put it in AAPL, SQ, ROKU while they are depressed like this or somewhere else?

Note my shares are in RDSA so it isn't nearly as undervalued as many stocks right now
ProgN
ProgN
I'd definitely buy some ROKU on any dip. I bet it doubles at some point this year.
deadbq03
AG
oldarmy1 said:

deadbq03 said:

oldarmy1 said:

deadbq03 said:

Noob question here... what situations (besides ex-div) would it take to get exercised early?

Take for example my TROX190118C7 covered call which is now both ITM and (sadly) above my break-even. If I was on the other side of the coin, my simple mind would have exercised early and done something with it on a day like today (either sell outright or sell another call) - what am I missing?
So this is a Jan 18 $7 call? Sorry away from lookup
Yessir
Not likely to get exercised early but it really doesn't matter because it most definitely will be. No way a stock that ranged down there and then broke out will retrace back to its range. What happens is the buyer of that call sells the option to someone else and so on and so on. That is 99% of how options are handled.
Thanks for the reply, and yeah, I'm positive it will get exercised. I was just hoping I could get lucky and get exercised early today so I'd have some cash to play with after next week's inevitable dip.
oldarmy1
AG
Ah, got it. Yeah covered calls that end up taking you out ties up that capital for sure.

That said you might keep a watch on any pullback to see if premium decay becomes such that buying the call back and keeping the stock (now that it has broken out). You likely see a retest of today's highs if nothing else and could enter an $8 covered call or higher.

Philip J Fry
AG
Why are we so huge on ROKU stock? Seems like this thing will be obsolete as smart devices have this service built in these days.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Ragoo is the resident ROKU expert. He's got the best grasp on it out of most of us I think.
deadbq03
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Ah, got it. Yeah covered calls that end up taking you out ties up that capital for sure.

That said you might keep a watch on any pullback to see if premium decay becomes such that buying the call back and keeping the stock (now that it has broken out). You likely see a retest of today's highs if nothing else and could enter an $8 covered call or higher.

Thanks for the tip. I'm new to the options game (3 months) and up to this point, I've never rolled a call... I've only bought back once and that was to escape a position that hit fallen-angel status (in an IRA so I can't go naked).

In the case of TROX, I'd only do it if I could get the same kind of downside protection that I got when I did my buy/write on 12/19. I have no intention of holding this for a long period of time, just happy to ride the wave and make 4.5% in a month.
Ragoo
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Why are we so huge on ROKU stock? Seems like this thing will be obsolete as smart devices have this service built in these days.
ive been long roku since the summer on its previous pull back. I believe they are pioneering the streaming industry and killing it. They are adding more and more users, more features to the free roku channel, etc. my long position is a bet on several fronts, 1) that streaming will continue to grow 2) ROKU becoming the eponym for the entire streaming space 3) the vision of the CEO.

I still have cable but I use my roku all the time to watch Netflix and some other stuff.

As they grow and evolve the hardware is becoming less and less of their revenue stream.
ProgN
Philip J Fry said:

Their streaming technology is the best and their subscription service is growing by leaps and bounds. Ragoo disagrees with me, but I can see it being acquired by one of the bigs in the future. The founder and CEO is an Aggie Grad so that doesn't hurt either. They also launched speakers that compete with SONOS last qtr.
Ragoo
AG
Prognightmare said:

Philip J Fry said:

Their streaming technology is the best and their subscription service is growing by leaps and bounds. Ragoo disagrees with me, but I can see it being acquired by one of the bigs in the future. The founder and CEO is an Aggie Grad so that doesn't hurt either. They also launched speakers that compete with SONOS last qtr.
it isn't that I disagree with you I just don't think selling is Anthony Wood's vision for the company.
ProgN
I can agree with that but if offered enough premium it would be hard to turn down. This is also his sixth (ROKU in Japanese) company so creating something new is something he appears to be good at.
gougler08
AG
Futures up 11 right now...let's hold on to it
FHUAggie
ROKU up over 7.5% premarket as of typing this
gougler08
AG
FHUAggie said:

Of course I wanted to buy it this morning...may wait a couple days for a dip now
Ragoo
AG
FHUAggie said:

westinghouse partnership announced.
ProgN
Yes
IrishTxAggie
AG
Ragoo said:

FHUAggie said:

Go for $53 by 1/18!! Because I'm still sitting on a few $50 calls I forgot were in my TD Ameritrade account!
ProgN
Ragoo said:

FHUAggie said:

They also announced major gains in subscribers and more viewing hours per user than expected.
Post removed:
by user
ProgN
OK, I sold my ROKU calls that I bought on friday for a nice gain and now looking for another trade. What are you guys looking at right now? TIA
IrishTxAggie
AG
All I know is that if anyone took advantage of that flash down around $1.40 on Christmas Eve on AVEO, you're tickled as **** right now!
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

Ragoo said:

FHUAggie said:

They also announced major gains in subscribers and more viewing hours per user than expected.
Up 15% now

Also, why couldn't my stock purchase plan come in earlier that week to free up cash for me to buy...damn timing
gougler08
AG
NFLX still running too, but leaving gaps a plenty behind it
Ragoo
AG
Prognightmare said:

OK, I sold my ROKU calls that I bought on friday for a nice gain and now looking for another trade. What are you guys looking at right now? TIA
i bought roku calls out to the 25th $40 strike.
ProgN
IrishTxAggie
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Ragoo said:

FHUAggie said:

Go for $53 by 1/18!! Because I'm still sitting on a few $50 calls I forgot were in my TD Ameritrade account!

If these things end up ITM, I'll buy everyone that posts in this thread a beer at the Chicken during football season if you're around. Up 1500% on the day.
ProgN
It might, it looks like the shorts are getting squeezed HARD right now.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Bios seem to be having a really solid day across the board.
First Page Last Page
Page 341 of 6405

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.