Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,090,153 Views | 224479 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by sts7049
Rice and Fries
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What do you all think of Valero ($VLO)?

It looks to me like it's a bit too low and should move higher. They have a low PEG ratio and strong EPS the last few years.
what say you
OA1, how should we play AVEO now? A while back you gave us a general rule of thumb to buy under $2 and sell at $2.75.
IrishTxAggie
AG
what say you said:

OA1, how should we play AVEO now? A while back you gave us a general rule of thumb to buy under $2 and sell at $2.75.
Personally, I've been long on AVEO for awhile. 2019 should be an interesting year for them. They are presenting at JMP Healthcare this week and ASCO next month. They will should be filing with the FDA for TIVO soon, they secured an interest only extension of debt (so no offering until further into the year hopefully), recently announced a collaboration with AstraZeneca, huge insider buys the past few months, etc. Just a lot of good things going on for them this year I think. But from a technical trading standpoint, that's definitely an OA1 thing.
Ranger222
AG
Anyone playing 5G trends? Starting to build a watchlist and maybe devoting a portion of the portfolio to a basket of names. Found INSG over the weekend and there has been some good volume coming in both Friday and today. Would be interested in other names as well
Ranger222
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Bios seem to be having a really solid day across the board.

Great morning with $8B LOXO buyout for LLY and good data from SAGE. This is a decent time to hold a few as bios usually peak Mayish and then hit their lows right around September - October. Lot of people chasing right now after CELG and LOXO buyouts. Hoping to hold the next 50%+ premium buyout.
cupcakesprinkles
AG
Windstream (WIN) is a stock I've been following (and own) but it is a risky play. It has been making moves by selling its Earthlink business and transitioning from rural internet access business model to SD-WAN sales. They have been showing signs of life in turning their business around.

BUT the biggest factor hanging over them right now is the lawsuit with Aurielius Capital. Here is an article that explains it pretty well:
[url=https://www.wsj.com/articles/hedge-funds-set-to-face-off-over-debt-ridden-windstream-1532260800][/url]
https://www.wsj.com/articles/hedge-funds-set-to-face-off-over-debt-ridden-windstream-1532260800

From what I have read it seems that Windstream stands a good chance of winning the case. If they do then the stock should take off. But if Windstream loses then they are more than likely headed for bankruptcy.

No one really knows when the decision will be made on the case because it is in the judge's hands right now so everyone is waiting. People expect it to happen before the end of March but no one knows.

This is a risky play but if they win the court case then I think the stock can really take off.

Ragoo
AG
Ragoo said:

Prognightmare said:

OK, I sold my ROKU calls that I bought on friday for a nice gain and now looking for another trade. What are you guys looking at right now? TIA
i bought roku calls out to the 25th $40 strike.
sold on a double
traveler1
AG
Is anyone trading AMD? I have a long position because I think they may really challenge Intel for market share in the next couple years. It's been a crazy ride with big swings lately. Took a smaller position today after taking some profit on the big run. Anybody else have a take?
Ragoo
AG
Ragoo said:

jmcfar_98 said:

Now if US & China can agree next week watch out.
i bought spy 255 calls out 18 days this morning. Hoping things get rocking.
sold at a double
ProgN
ProgN
The volume on ROKU today is insane.
Ragoo
AG
34MM
oldarmy1
AG
I'm bass fishing and forgot to place my NFLX sells at $300 so got a $15 boost. God is good!

Roku...thats why it was my biggest buying. Sold all trading shares and covered calls on 50% at $40 out 3 weeks in 401k and SEPS.

Get'em!
oldarmy1
AG
I'm bass fishing and forgot to place my NFLX sells at $300 so got a $15 boost. God is good!

Roku...thats why it was my biggest buying. Sold all trading shares and covered calls on 50% at $40 out 3 weeks in 401k and SEPS.

Get'em!
ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

Get'em!
Salt or freshwater fishing?
Ragoo
AG
Bass
ProgN
Nice, I'm going to the Colorado River outside of Lampasas for white bass next month and in March.
oldarmy1
AG
SUM with a good move breakout. CX late Friday buys ahead of its move towards a breakout. I might own CAT and other construction large caps but I am liking SUM and CX coming off their big lows. Good cash positions that just had to weather the storm but this summer should be gangbusters.
oldarmy1
AG
For those who cashed in big on ROKU - watch JD for a breakout. Same swing pattern endless downward and approaching its upward resistance. You don't wanna miss that initial move, whenever it comes.
oldarmy1
AG
Hmm...I need to lose some winter weight.

gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

SUM with a good move breakout. CX late Friday buys ahead of its move towards a breakout. I might own CAT and other construction large caps but I am liking SUM and CX coming off their big lows. Good cash positions that just had to weather the storm but this summer should be gangbusters.
SUM has that big gap near 24 that is really enticing for a medium/long term hold
tailgatetimer10
AG
Imma send you a picture of me holding my monitor by it's cords.

IrishTxAggie
AG
It's a sign!! Go long on BASSett Furniture!
ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

Hmm...I need to lose some winter weight.

NICE!

Also, where do you see SUM going. I've just been tracking in for the last couple of months.
oldarmy1
AG
JD late volume pushing it
ProgN
IrishTxAggie said:

It's a sign!! Go long on BASSett Furniture!
Blue Horseshoe loves BASSett Furniture.
oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

NICE!

Also, where do you see SUM going. I've just been tracking in for the last couple of months.
$20

Remember we took it for some great gains off its initial end of the downcycle. Re-entered on the market selloff and now looking for the sector move out of bear territory.
oldarmy1
AG
JD triangle formed. If any of you guys missed the 2350 S&P flash bottom and are kicking yourselves then sell a $22 JD put tomorrow if it doesn't breakout. Markets had a volume flush sale at the close so expect some early weakness but don't be surprised to see another consolidation push to green tomorrow. Bulls have the ball.

On JD once it does breakout I expect $27 easy with $30 on momentum possible.

ProgN
Thx
jmcfar_98
AG
NFLX with a huge volume at closing.
gougler08
AG
jmcfar_98 said:

Profit taking I guess?
oldarmy1
AG
jmcfar_98 said:

You can short those end of session massive volume pushed after a nice up day 90%+ of the time for a quick post market retracement to pre-final blow up move. So in NFLX case short right at the closing bell around $316.50 last minute candle.

Post market its already hit $314.50. Some of the easiest short term trades around when they happen. But take the profit and exit within 30 minutes.
oldarmy1
AG
Those options services I mentioned Friday on ROKU calls made their clients happy.
oldarmy1
AG
what say you said:

After the 3rd successful trade using that I posted I was not doing it the next time it dropped below $2. It's showing some basing so another run could happen but I'm just gonna hang on to net free shares and not trade it.

ProgN
OA, what's your take on MU? Do you think their inventory problems have been priced in?
First Page Last Page
Page 342 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.