Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,071,545 Views | 231774 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I haven't tried to buy tzrop yet. I tried to put in a limit order with Fidelity, they aren't allowing it. May try through my secondary TOS account.
AgShaun00
AG
BREwmaster said:

I got all 3
AgShaun00
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I haven't tried to buy tzrop yet. I tried to put in a limit order with Fidelity, they aren't allowing it. May try through my secondary TOS account.
Dinosaur financial is only way
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Thanks. Just submitted the application. I own OSTKO through fidelity and will probably put $10K into TZROP. I've decided that's the amount I won't care if I lose.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG

Thanks. Just submitted the application. I own OSTKO through fidelity and will probably put $10K into TZROP. I've decided that's the amount I won't care if I lose.
Isn't that like a third of your total cash position?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Yes, going all-in. I'm going to have to change my user name when minimum wage gets to $15/hr.
Red Rover
AG

Not if you count credit cards as part of your cash position. Amirite?
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
My post split AAPL shares came in this morning on my TD Ameritrade account but my stock price stayed $499.xx. Account balance looking pretty strong today.
ProgN
Don't let your wife see the account balance or she'll be shopping all day.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Red Rover said:

Not if you count credit cards as part of your cash position. Amirite?
I did get a letter from capital one on an unused credit card that they were lowering my limit on it to $500.
Ragoo
AG
chrisfield said:

My post split AAPL shares came in this morning on my TD Ameritrade account but my stock price stayed $499.xx. Account balance looking pretty strong today.
mine hit yesterday in multiple accounts and yeah, it would be nice to have had a $300k windfall like that.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
chrisfield said:

I had that with AAPL and TSLA yesterday.

Was surprised for a moment.
khkman22
AG
My fractional dividend shares don't reflect the split yet. Assuming they'll be corrected tomorrow.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Pretty sure you'll be receiving cash in lieu for those.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Pretty sure you'll be receiving cash in lieu for those.

I thought so too, but I had some fractional AAPL in my IRA and it multiplied those too. Maybe they'll round down eventually and give cash?
khkman22
AG
Didn't pay attention to the email. They'll be coming Tuesday or later.
Brewmaster
AG
NRD09 said:

So how do we play it? It's not a bear market where we short all rips (is it?!), vix keeps climbing so tough/expensive to buy tvix or vxx calls. Do we just go heavy gold/silver/bitcoin?
you can also play higher strikes, 30's are popular for this week...almost as much volume on them as the 27's.

paging Aggiedaniel - curious his take on this volatility.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
What are you guys thinking on Apple? I'm thinking Thurs PT of $140 or so, then profit taking on Friday by some pulling it back down to around $130 by EOW. Then another surge next week before it starts to settle in some.
Thundergon
Seeing lots of well defined chart patterns across Beta land:

Pennant - AAPL, GOOGL, MSFT, AMZN (Setting up either a bear flag or pennant on the longer trend, need one more day to tell),

Ascending Triangle - TSLA, SQ

Descending Triangle - NFLX, ROKU, FB

Bear Flag - SHOP, BABA, AMZN (See note above), BYND (daily chart back to mid-June)

Ascending Wedge - ZM, DIS, SPY

All of the triangle patterns are right at the apex from breaking out. Should be an interesting week. If you look at the SPY daily chart, going back over 2 years you can see where its about to reach the upper line on an ascending wedge. There's also the 127.2% FIB level at 351.56 if you start the sequence at March lows and set 100% to the peak in early June. Every time we have hit that upper trendline on SPY we have pulled back. Maybe we pull back on the fib level or upper trendline and then bounce back off the lower trendline.

If you followed OA's call on DIS, you should be feeling pretty good! It's in a very nice ascending channel.
Post removed:
by user
iluvpoker
WHAT are the BEST TRADES found on this thread? Looking for the highest return trades. Some of you guys have been around this thread since it started and probably remember the all-time great trades posted on this thread. Thanks for helping me not have to read 2100 pages. And here is my tip of the cap to the posters who get mentioned as posting the greatest all-time trades in this threads history.

khaos288
AG
iluvpoker said:

WHAT are the BEST TRADES found on this thread? Looking for the highest return trades. Some of you guys have been around this thread since it started and probably remember the all-time great trades posted on this thread. Thanks for helping me not have to read 2100 pages. And here is my tip of the cap to the posters who get mentioned as posting the greatest all-time trades in this threads history.

JD under 30 last year has almost become a 3 banger
Hendrix
AG
ENPH. I got in early on that one. Been a good ride.
59 South
AG
April 2019... QCOM 60 calls. OA special. I bought at .58 and sold at $10. Peaked around $25 I think.

For longer term.. both also OA specials... ROKU late 2018 <30. NIO <3
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
iluvpoker
59 South said:

April 2019... QCOM 60 calls. OA special. I bought at .58 and sold at $10. Peaked around $25 I think.

For longer term.. both also OA specials... ROKU late 2018 <30. NIO <3

17X return in I assume one month is very impressive!!

I thought McInnis had a 10X this month.

I haven't paid close enough attention, but it seems there is a 2X trade posted here at least once a week. I'm impressed with this thread!

Keep it up and I love hearing super success stories. Very encouraging!
ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/30/fda-willing-to-fast-track-coronavirus-vaccine-before-phase-three-trials.html
Quote:

The chief of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration is prepared to bypass the full federal approval process in order to make a Covid-19 vaccine available as soon as possible, according to an interview in The Financial Times.

Insisting that the move would not be due to pressure from the Trump administration to fast track a vaccine, FDA Commissioner Stephen Hahn told the publication that an emergency authorization could be appropriate before phase three clinical trials are completed if the benefits outweigh the risks.

"It is up to the [vaccine developer] to apply for authorization or approval, and we make an adjudication of their application," Hahn told The Financial Times. "If they do that before the end of phase three, we may find that appropriate. We may find that inappropriate, we will make a determination."
gougler08
AG
People did well on NIO, SDC, CADE, PENN and ERI in the last few months. Thread did a great job of calling bottoms on those stocks
tailgatetimer10
AG
Sdc????
iluvpoker
Here is the latest weekly fed report.
https://www.federalreserve.gov/releases/h41/current/h41.pdf

I'm not a Fed expert, but I'm happy to try to answer any questions.
MaroonDynasty
SNAP starting to look good, could look really good with some no sale tik tok news.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Futures - wow.
Ragoo
AG
Anyone know when Apple has historically announced their next iPhone model and what the price typically does? The Nerdery says iPhone 12 is being announced 9/10. I am going to eye some spreads into that event. Maybe the 130/150 for $2.
Beerosch
AG
I was nervous holding several positions over the weekend. I guess it'll pay off.
Carlo4
AG

Futures - wow.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Sig reports before open thurs. Mcfly you playing? What's the best way to harvest premium as they inevitably run up this week? Just buy calls tomorrow and sell them Wed?
First Page Last Page
Page 2104 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.