Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,121,853 Views | 224620 Replies | Last: 25 min ago by ProgN
SpeedyAg90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I hate to say it again but is it finally time to buy spy puts !!! Lol
0708aggie
AG
Stocks only go up bro. Don't jinx it!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
McInnis 03 said:

aggiedaniel06 said:

Today's correction should not be a concern. It's just rotation from growth to value.

The bottom line is that as soon as the 3 Trillion stimulus money was maxxed out into the market around early June, we have just been on a carousel from growth to value to growth, around and around.

Large Cap Tech i.e. FAANGNAM has been the only exception as they also get major flows from passive and foreign players (pegging their currencies to weakening USD)

Until more stimulus money finds it's way into the markets, keep expecting this churn.
Next time you see something a mile away, make sure you tell us before we are .1th of a mile past it.

Signed,
Dumb Money
I resemble this comment.
McInnis 03
AG
Been meaning to do this awhile....

@eliteoptions2 - just enough targets to be helpful
@pharmdca - doesn't say a lot, but knows his stuff, second to none on bio?
@cfromhertz - one of my faves
@danshep55 - price point tips during the day
@breakingmkts - news bot
@w_biltmore85 - good generic info
@stevekavdc - LOVE his simple option flow observations
@reddogt3 - Scott Redler is very accomplished (and he knows it)
@traderstewie - soooo good at charting
@DeItaOne - THE BEST news bot
@psk2329 - great tidbits through the day
@wallstjesus - tons of info, but good enough to keep
@ripster47 - one of the great chartists
@Johnfcarter - not much info, I'm just a fan
aggiedaniel06
AG
Oh boy! A week more and your DDOG fly would have been so juicy!
McInnis 03
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

I feel like I was pinned at 80, you nailed it, I missed it. I also had W but dumped it, had CVNA but dumped it........there was at least 1 more in there too.

My strategy seems to be good, my execution at this point in time is absolutely abysmal.

I have an ETSY 135/140/145 for next friday, CRWD 105/110/115p for 8/21, and CWH 31/36/41p for 8/21
Barty Dont Hedge
McInnis 03 said:

aggiedaniel06 said:

I feel like I was pinned at 80, you nailed it, I missed it. I also had W but dumped it, had CVNA but dumped it........there was at least 1 more in there too.

My strategy seems to be good, my execution at this point in time is absolutely abysmal.

I have an ETSY 135/140/145 for next friday, CRWD 105/110/115p for 8/21, and CWH 31/36/41p for 8/21
ROKU
aggiedaniel06
AG
What are you looking for when picking the strike for the body of your fly? I like to pick the HVN in the vicinity of the move I expect.
Brewmaster
AG
AGSmith said:

BREwmaster said:

added OSTK calls on that dip
Date/strike?
sorry was waiting to see what filled and didn't follow up here, ended up on 110C 8/14. and added a cheap-ish spread 115/120C
McInnis 03
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

What are you looking for when picking the strike for the body of your fly? I like to pick the HVN in the vicinity of the move I expect.
At these earnings times I'm looking at the implied move and try to start the wing ATM and pick the direction I think it's going.

I also tend to stay on the 0's and 5's for the strikes where applicable, anything else tends to not have enough volume. (41, 42, 43, etc or 152.5, 157.5, it's human nature to want 40, 45, 150, 155, etc.)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ended green for the day. Hell of a week.
Spaceship
AG
I'm up big green for the week only because of some penny stocks that have hit. RSP has been on fire this week. It's a wild freaking ride with those stocks though.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Spaceship said:

I'm up big green for the week only because of some penny stocks that have hit. RSP has been on fire this week. It's a wild freaking ride with those stocks though.
Glad you had luck with him. The picks I saw of his from a couple of weeks ago were mostly down as a whole. And if you took MARA out, they were really down.
Spaceship
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Spaceship said:

Glad you had luck with him. The picks I saw of his from a couple of weeks ago were mostly down as a whole. And if you took MARA out, they were really down.

There are 4-5 stocks since MARA this week that he's hit on well.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Here is another one for you guys to look at and consider. I am not ballsy enough to endorse any stocks like some of you as I really don't want to feel responsible for someone losing money but check out ACHV. I have been on this for a few weeks and in the last few days there have been some really aggressive updated PTs out for them .

They are trying to finalize development of a product to rival CHANTIX.
thirdcoast
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

Today's correction should not be a concern. It's just rotation from growth to value.

The bottom line is that as soon as the 3 Trillion stimulus money was maxxed out into the market around early June, we have just been on a carousel from growth to value to growth, around and around.

Large Cap Tech i.e. FAANGNAM has been the only exception as they also get major flows from passive and foreign players (pegging their currencies to weakening USD)

Until more stimulus money finds it's way into the markets, keep expecting this churn.

Similar arguement made by this guy, although he ties timing to covid spikes. He is predicting major shift from growth to big "epicenter" stocks previously crushed, as early as next week.

I don't value much on CNBC but Tom and the Blackrock bond guy have been pretty accurate last few months.

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Spaceship said:

Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Spaceship said:

There are 4-5 stocks since MARA this week that he's hit on well.
Ok, glad to hear it I guess I'll start looking more closely again.
McInnis 03
AG
So, uh, someone help out dumb money. What are epicenter stocks?
I bleed maroon
AG
McInnis 03 said:

I think it's just a made-up term to indicate those that were hammered by the Corona. Airlines, restaurants, hotels, etc. I'm not very impressed by the term - I don't think he'll need to trademark it.
one MEEN Ag
AG
I bleed maroon said:

McInnis 03 said:

I think it's just a made-up term to indicate those that were hammered by the Corona. Airlines, restaurants, hotels, etc. I'm not very impressed by the term - I don't think he'll need to trademark it. '

'Ground zero' stocks is just too on-the-nose for describing businesses that are nearly going bankrupt.
thirdcoast
AG
Yes, those covid crushed epicenter stocks..maybe call them
J-Powell stocks about to get another gov cortisone shot.

But at these levels might be more interested in the non-FANG growth stocks that may be primed for a decline in coming weeks. We talking OSTK, WKHS, SHOP etc? ..anyone looking to fade any growth stocks as hedge? Any particular TA setups?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
As far as hotels - look at INN today, the anti-WDC. They missed earnings but are up 6% today. I guess those two were more controlled by forward guidance and whether the market felt their industries were over or under valued instead of how 2Q performance was?

I've been watching this one to buy sometime this month after earnings. I hoped it would continue getting cheaper.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I dumped SHOP today - feels like it's losing momentum even though it looks fine on the daily. Even a blind squirrel gets a nut on occasion. Fundstrat can be wrong in a big way with the right headline.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I think WMT will be good into earnings. I need to spend more time on OSTK and OSTKO.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
and for the record, I wish Daniel posted more. I learn a lot from him.
fooz
Stimulus EO?

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
fooz said:

Stimulus EO?

Doubtful thats what this is, but if it is he should wait til Monday morning as it would be fresher on the markets minds rather than Friday night.
Ragoo
AG
fooz said:

Stimulus EO?

SEC schedule commentary
fooz
Philip J Fry
AG
2003 Whoop!
aggiedaniel06
AG
I feel like I already post way too much!
astroaggie13
AG
Nah, 30k is right. You bring good material to the board and I agree it's one of the best elements here.
McInnis 03
AG
Philip J Fry said:

2003 Whoop!

Whoop!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/stock-market-experts-sees-a-monstrous-rally-rally-taking-hold-next-week-if-one-recent-trend-holds-11596827276
Dr. Horrible
McInnis 03 said:

Philip J Fry said:

2003 Whoop!

Whoop!
Whoop!
First Page Last Page
Page 2003 of 6418

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.