Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,098,976 Views | 224561 Replies | Last: 57 min ago by ProgN
aggiedaniel06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Today's correction should not be a concern. It's just rotation from growth to value.

The bottom line is that as soon as the 3 Trillion stimulus money was maxxed out into the market around early June, we have just been on a carousel from growth to value to growth, around and around.

Large Cap Tech i.e. FAANGNAM has been the only exception as they also get major flows from passive and foreign players (pegging their currencies to weakening USD)

Until more stimulus money finds it's way into the markets, keep expecting this churn.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
aggiedaniel06 said:

The reversal in Cloud stocks could be seen from a mile away. Smart money has been handing them off to dumb money for over a month as portrayed by the the reversal patterns, moneyflows and bearish diveregences..

Information that would have been useful to me YESTERDAY! /gif
Ragoo
AG
How can you tell? Just noticing down growth days are up value days? Smart money just moving from one see-saw to the next? Then once the rise happens they move back to the other asset group?
leoj
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

leoj said:

This is a pretty decent reversal or loss day for a lot of my top growth watchlist. I have existed most positions at around 5% loss, some like FSLY at more than that, mainly because of bad entries. Will look to add back into these names, where a lot of the actual results have been great, once the stocks build up some support. Just seeing a lot of 21 days getting sliced through and even some below 50 day.
Kudos, thats great discipline! Cloud stocks are a great example of how bagholders are created,

The reversal in Cloud stocks could be seen from a mile away. Smart money has been handing them off to dumb money for over a month as portrayed by the the reversal patterns, moneyflows and bearish diveregences..

Thanks Daniel, appreciate it and always like to get your read on the market. Frustrating that I let my eagerness get ahead of patience on a lot of the entries in these new accounts. Will just take a step back and get ready for some better set ups. I have had some good swing trades in PENN, FB, Z, a couple others. Might try and stick to that and take my 5-10% gains on 3-5% positions until I see some real opportunities to start building long term positions, since these are both IRA accounts.
Brewmaster
AG
Ragoo said:

How can you tell? Just noticing down growth days are up value days? Smart money just moving from one see-saw to the next? Then once the rise happens they move back to the other asset group?
I second your question to our resident Pro! ... one thing I noticed about a week or 2 ago, was rotation out of bios, the bio ETF's dumped, money rotating out.
Brewmaster
AG
added OSTK calls on that dip
McInnis 03
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

Today's correction should not be a concern. It's just rotation from growth to value.

The bottom line is that as soon as the 3 Trillion stimulus money was maxxed out into the market around early June, we have just been on a carousel from growth to value to growth, around and around.

Large Cap Tech i.e. FAANGNAM has been the only exception as they also get major flows from passive and foreign players (pegging their currencies to weakening USD)

Until more stimulus money finds it's way into the markets, keep expecting this churn.
Next time you see something a mile away, make sure you tell us before we are .1th of a mile past it.

Signed,
Dumb Money
aggiedaniel06
AG
Ragoo said:

You have to understand one fundamental thing of the markets. It has two types of money. Speculative and Passive.

Passive i.e. Pension funds, 401k's, sovereign funds, etc.. for the last 3 decades have been net buyers of stocks, bonds, treasuries, etc... This forms the foundation for price. If passive doesn't exist the market would be chaotic. This is why the economy matters and the fed cannot save us forever!

I read a post about XOM cutting 401k match. I know Dell has done the same. These are examples of reduced passive money in the market.

Now to your question - The speculative money (Hedgefunds, retail, etc..) is the one moving around fast and hard all the time. How are we to make money? By making someone else buy at a higher price than us. Where did that money come from? From their post tax salary or unemployment check or whatever.

And your main question, how do I know this is rotation - clearest sign is growth names are down, while banks (XLF) are up.
KT 90
AG
speaking of stimulus money, are we going to see a further dip today if they don't meet today's informal deadline to get the framework of the next agreement in place?

McInnis 03
AG
Quote:

I read a post about XOM cutting 401k match.

They're definitely not the only one. But don't worry, my company won't match your 401k but they'll still pay a fat dividend come ex-div time.
AGSmith
AG
BREwmaster said:

added OSTK calls on that dip
Date/strike?
McInnis 03
AG
BTW, since Speedy asked earlier, TICK hasn't crossed below -100 which means it's been living on the up for 30+ minutes now.
aggiedaniel06
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

aggiedaniel06 said:

Information that would have been useful to me YESTERDAY! /gif
Well, I have mentioned about shorting DDOG for about 3 weeks now, because that's the one I was mainly focused on and clearest to me. You could see similar patterns across the board in almost all cloud names.
0708aggie
AG
I need something to buy here. Thoughts?
SpeedyAg90
AG
Tick going negative now ?
McInnis 03
AG
SpeedyAg90 said:

Tick going negative now ?
As soon as I posted.
aggiedaniel06
AG
McInnis 03 said:

aggiedaniel06 said:

Next time you see something a mile away, make sure you tell us before we are .1th of a mile past it.

Signed,
Dumb Money
I did! You were just a tad early on DDOG. Next time give your options some time for your thesis to play out.

Whatever timeframe I think something is going to happen in, I add 30-45 days to that when picking an expiry.
bigbass1170
AG
Probably asked many times over already, but what do you use to monitor TICK?
McInnis 03
AG
Ask away, someone else probably wants to know too.

I use $TICK on ThinkOrSwim. I'm sure TICK is available to monitor on may platforms. I keep it on a 1 min scale and on my chart I highlight -400 to 400 as that is my "I don't care zone", then I mark 800/-800 and 1000/-1000 with lines and on the 1000/-1000 I have audible alarms that go off if they're struck. A "WARNING" buzzer for -1000 and a cash register opening for 1000
McInnis 03
AG
Timing and patience is my weakness. Thanks for the reinforcement.
Ragoo
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

McInnis 03 said:

aggiedaniel06 said:

Signed,
Dumb Money
I did! You were just a tad early on DDOG. Next time give your options some time for your thesis to play out.

Whatever timeframe I think something is going to happen in, I add 30-45 days to that when picking an expiry.
time with options is the most important factor IMO. Being wrong initially on a 30-45 days won't draw down quickly. Being wrong on a weekly will wash out an account.
McInnis 03
AG

bigbass1170
AG
Perfect, thanks a lot! Been reading Carter a bit so this helps greatly.
SpeedyAg90
AG
Just announced talks on stimulus fell apart today ! CNBC just posted
McInnis 03
AG
Did anyone leave open the W or CVNA flies I assembled? I closed them too early and now they look pretty damn handsome.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
0708aggie said:

I need something to buy here. Thoughts?
crwd 9/4 125c for 1.35
trvn 8/21 5c (7x volume today edit: on the stonk not the calls) for .35
edit2: GOCO 8/21c 17.5 or 20 strike depending how rich your blood is (.9 or .65...added prices for posterity)

do ya feel lucky, punk?
ProgN
Coronavirus aid talks fall apart in meeting between Democrats, White House

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/07/coronavirus-stimulus-updates-relief-bill-stalls-trump-mulls-executive-order.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard
McInnis 03
AG
Not scaring anyone, we knew they couldn't get it done.
pacecar02
page 2002, WHOOP
Barty Dont Hedge
pacecar02 said:

page 2002, WHOOP
I am scared to think what will happen on page 2020....
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Thanks for your contributions. I was just giving you hell and channeling my inner Sandler. I also showed off my inability to post gifs.
ProgN
Barty said:

pacecar02 said:

page 2002, WHOOP
I am scared to think what will happen on page 2020....
We're just going to all post blank posts or "?" Until we get to page 2021. Think of taller buildings that don't have a 13th floor.
aggiedaniel06
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Been watching AYX all morning. Was going to load up if it held 124 but then it did not. Now I'm seeing if it holds 121. @ripster47 on twitter has been on it all morning too. This is really the last support before a nasty flush so watching intently.
AYX showing the daunting fat man - little boy pattern

Zoomed out daily chart looks like a bomb in freefall.
McInnis 03
AG
SPX NHOD
leoj
AG
Wow, buyers showed up and HP sell signal on QQQ got negated. Did not expect that. However, damage has been done to some leading names.
First Page Last Page
Page 2002 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.