Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,102,092 Views | 224572 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by texagbeliever
TecRecAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The only way I can see his pick moving the market is if he picks someone that eliminates his chances of getting swing voters.
M.C. Swag
AG
topher06 said:

gig em 02 said:

59 South said:

Crazy enough holding over the weekend has been a great play for awhile now. I bet we get some indecisive finish today to mind f*** retail bears and bulls both into thinking they're right.

I'm trying to think of possible good news that could pump the markets for next week. Seems like we've hit peak covid with potential vaccines and fear mongering being outed, conflict with China could escalate, Biden finally names his vp pick, a lot of negative but not much positive.
Does Biden's VP pick really matter? They're all going to toe the current Democrat views (not making a comment either way here). I guess that VP has a better-than-average chance of actually becoming president due to Biden's age.
Regarding the VP nom;
1) I doubt it has any effect on the markets (at least nothing that would last in any meaningful way)
2) He won't announce it this weekend (there's no rush for Biden. That's his ace-in-the-hole card he'll use when needed).

Speculation; he'll announce the pick on August 18th. The 100 year anniversary of the 19th amendment being ratified (women's right to vote). It'd be an appropriate time to nominate a female VP with some easy pr points.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

khaos288 said:

Anything worth looking at buying on such a bloody day?
Here are some things I'm considering or looking at if you want to help.

LMND: I bought a ton of this this morning at $78.25

XSPA: I bought a little this morning

OTLK: I mentioned this earlier in the thread, someone posted a chart, but there seems to be a really high upside here. I bought a bit this morning.

NOVN

IBIO: This has been really volatile and I've made a lot of money here and its down again. Some people on TWITS are married to the idea that this thing is going to explode at some point since they not only are working on vaccines, but also have the ability to distribute even if they don't come up with vaccines.

From Radio:

MARA

USO

CHEK

Not sure if anyone is interested but I can post updates on these:

LMND: -3.76%

XSPA: -4.56%

OTLK: -1.96%

NOVN: +8.38%

IBIO: -7.45%

MARA: +16.92%

USO: +.14%

CHEK: -2.65%

If you invested equally in all of those, up 5% for the day.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Speculation; he'll announce the pick on August 18th. The 100 year anniversary of the 19th amendment being ratified (women's right to vote). It'd be an appropriate time to nominate a female VP with some easy pr points.
this is brilliant, I bet you're right! You are probably awesome at Clue!
khaos288
AG
NRD09 said:

M.C. Swag said:

Yeah I will say there is some potential good news. Whoever mentioned VP having a high chance of taking over is true. If There's a 10% chance Biden wins, and a 50% chance his VP ends up president, then him announcing another SEVERE moderate would help. Warren would be the opposite of that.

Don't think it'll be a huge mover either way though.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I bought WDC AAPL and PHM calls today. Let's get Brrrrrring
gig em 02
topher06 said:

gig em 02 said:

59 South said:

Crazy enough holding over the weekend has been a great play for awhile now. I bet we get some indecisive finish today to mind f*** retail bears and bulls both into thinking they're right.

I'm trying to think of possible good news that could pump the markets for next week. Seems like we've hit peak covid with potential vaccines and fear mongering being outed, conflict with China could escalate, Biden finally names his vp pick, a lot of negative but not much positive.
Does Biden's VP pick really matter? They're all going to toe the current Democrat views (not making a comment either way here). I guess that VP has a better-than-average chance of actually becoming president due to Biden's age.
I think if it did it would be negative, someone semi-aligned with biden doesn't matter but a warren/sanders type would be negative. Just trying to consider how the news could push/pull the market next. Another shoe will drop but what shoe.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
how's it gonna close, big boys?
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

how's it gonna close, big boys?

I'm BARELY holding on to green. If I can finish the day green compared to a red day for the masses I'm feeling pretty good about my portfolio.

Cmooon!
khaos288
AG
I have one big green (amd) and one break even (CHNG), but amd is up so much I'm almost green overall
TecRecAg
AG
Green on the day regardless of how this 318p finishes. I'll drink to that!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
here's a question i should probably ask my broker, but...

I have some sold puts, and the cash sitting in my account to cover them if I get assigned. Do those puts expire at the bell on expiration date, or can they go ITM in after hours and get assigned?

If they expire at the bell I am about to go shopping
pacecar02
NRD09 said:

here's a question i should probably ask my broker, but...

I have some sold puts, and the cash sitting in my account to cover them if I get assigned. Do those puts expire at the bell on expiration date, or can they go ITM in after hours and get assigned?

If they expire at the bell I am about to go shopping
I believe you are liable until the after hours session finishes
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
doh.
thanks
Jet Black
QD
txaggie_08
AG
Jet Black said:

QD

May be a good time to pick up kore shares?
Brewmaster
AG
Jet Black said:

QD
if you don't have covered call ability, cut bait on it. It will have a nice entry next week, especially if we dump some more (like back to 300). Also hedge if you haven't already, VXX is a good one...or SPXS if you think we pull back soon.
Brewmaster
AG
txaggie_08 said:

Jet Black said:

QD

don't grab a falling knife! wait for it to reverse trend...chart looks quite ugly the last 5 days (descending channel).
deadbq03
AG
khaos288 said:

NRD09 said:

M.C. Swag said:

Yeah I will say there is some potential good news. Whoever mentioned VP having a high chance of taking over is true. If There's a 10% chance Biden wins, and a 50% chance his VP ends up president, then him announcing another SEVERE moderate would help. Warren would be the opposite of that.

Don't think it'll be a huge mover either way though.
I'll just add that I hate that this is the 2nd election in a row where we're guaranteed to have a president who's Top 2 in age sitting in the white house come Jan (actually in this case we're guaranteed to have the oldest).

Set aside risk of death, If they're anything like my parents, in-laws or handful of folks I've worked with, something seems to happen sometime between 65 and 70 and mental faculties start to drift. And I'm not talking about dementia or Alzheimer's, but just a slight, but noticeable mental drift that seems to come with age.

My dad is a humble man and admits it readily to me. My FIL is a proud SOB and acts like he's still fully capable of anything, but it's clear that it's happened to him too. I love them both dearly, but I wouldn't want either running my town, let alone my country even though they're both still very smart and capable people... the reason I don't want them is because I know how much more capable they were just a few years ago, so it stands to reason that we could find a person who's closer to 60 than 70 who's only slightly less wise/experienced, but more capable of learning new concepts, paying attention to details, thinking quick on their feet, etc.
gougler08
AG
BREwmaster said:

txaggie_08 said:

Jet Black said:

QD

don't grab a falling knife! wait for it to reverse trend...chart looks quite ugly the last 5 days (descending channel).

If it gets to 1.50 I'm going to add and cost down
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
On ONTX,

Where do you guys see this thing going now? In my limited research I feel like it has a tad more upside than downside and that upside is really up though. Maybe we should have a thread dedicated just to ONTX lol not sure how the board feels about that.

As of close of market Friday July 24 its priced at: $1.11
txaggie_08
AG

On ONTX,

Where do you guys see this thing going now? In my limited research I feel like it has a tad more upside than downside and that upside is really up though. Maybe we should have a thread dedicated just to ONTX lol not sure how the board feels about that.

At this point I'm letting it ride until it (hopefully) hits $2+, or OA adjusts his guidance. I sold less than half my shares earlier this week to go net free, so now just hoping it takes off at this point.
BrokeAssAggie
Happy Friday gents. Cheers to making money. Little yard bird for dinner tonight. Brisket going on at Midnight for tomorrow.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
txaggie_08 said:

On ONTX,

At this point I'm letting it ride until it (hopefully) hits $2+, or OA adjusts his guidance. I sold less than half my shares earlier this week to go net free, so now just hoping it takes off at this point.
Are me and you the same person? lol. Did the same and as of now hoping for $2 while seeing what intel OA or others can continue providing. Just hoping we don't see some sorta big drop back into the 60s or even worse 50s/40s.
Aston04
AG
I'll take the blame if QD ends up being a dud. First play of OA I have tried (granted only dumped a few hundred bucks in it testing the waters- but still)...

BrokeAssAggie
Aston04 said:

I'll take the blame if QD ends up being a dud. First play of OA I have tried (granted only dumped a few hundred bucks in it testing the waters- but still)...

Be patient boys. It will come around.
McInnis 03
AG
Anyone here still in snss?
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
ProgN

Just wanted to share a tweet I found pretty funny on a Friday.
BrokeAssAggie
I saw that. It's funny how some of these kids political views change once they start making some real coin
ProgN
His agent didn't let him in on the fact that the gubmint takes their 40% right off the top. Just wait until he has a game in NY and the state clips his game check for state income tax.
Bretton Gekko
I got my ass wrecked this week. It has been a while. Very unenjoyable. Maybe I need to start streaming Portnoy. Jesus.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Anyone here still in snss?
I am! Nice! Any catalyst?

QD's spike on the 8th was a goalpost, right? I'm willing to sit it out and even average down a bit

ONTX is another story...feels like a pre-news shakeout. And there's supposed to be a fda readout any day now, right? I may double up on this one
Chef Elko
AG
Lol. Everyone is writing off QD already after a few days. At $1.65-1.70 at least wait to see if it can hold support at $1.50. A SOLID support line that was tested numerous times. Average down at $1.50 and sell at $1.80 to hopefully get back to even.
jeromePOWell
AG
So SAM crushed earnings today and shot up 25%. BUD reports on 7/30, talk me out of buying 7/31 58.50 calls.

And no I haven't learned my lesson from my MSFT earnings bet
gougler08
AG
Danwell Home said:

Lol. Everyone is writing off QD already after a few days. At $1.65-1.70 at least wait to see if it can hold support at $1.50. A SOLID support line that was tested numerous times. Average down at $1.50 and sell at $1.80 to hopefully get back to even.

Yep and as I said, the OA accumulation plays aren't normally short term. JD probably needed a year+ to come around
First Page Last Page
Page 1934 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.