Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,113,204 Views | 224618 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Heineken-Ashi
Jet Black
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Definitely not writing it off, but I heard about QD four days ago and thought I'd be a millionaire by now.
gig em 02
SNSS and BIIB are listed on a patent together so there is some chatter about a buyout on Twitter, is this something new or am I just now catching up?
ProgN
F16 is going to be crazy tonight. No one catch a ban please.
KT 90
AG
gougler08 said:

Danwell Home said:

Lol. Everyone is writing off QD already after a few days. At $1.65-1.70 at least wait to see if it can hold support at $1.50. A SOLID support line that was tested numerous times. Average down at $1.50 and sell at $1.80 to hopefully get back to even.

Yep and as I said, the OA accumulation plays aren't normally short term. JD probably needed a year+ to come around

This is what I was going to post. QD was for accumulation, be patient. Maybe add some more if you like. But give it some time. Ontx took a while before shooting up here recently.
KT 90
AG
Prognightmare said:

Yes, steer clear of the hoax thread videos
Jack Bristow
AG
KT 90 said:

gougler08 said:

Danwell Home said:

Lol. Everyone is writing off QD already after a few days. At $1.65-1.70 at least wait to see if it can hold support at $1.50. A SOLID support line that was tested numerous times. Average down at $1.50 and sell at $1.80 to hopefully get back to even.

Yep and as I said, the OA accumulation plays aren't normally short term. JD probably needed a year+ to come around

This is what I was going to post. QD was for accumulation, be patient. Maybe add some more if you like. But give it some time. Ontx took a while before shooting up here recently.

I made the ONTX play and was able to go bet free. I missed the QD play apparently.

What was the entry for most? Still viable to get in?
ProgN
nvm
Brewmaster
AG
Danwell Home said:

you average down, I'll buy in at 1.50
KT 90
AG
Jack Bristow said:

KT 90 said:

gougler08 said:

Danwell Home said:

I made the ONTX play and was able to go bet free. I missed the QD play apparently.

What was the entry for most? Still viable to get in?

Right about now would be good. It's gone down the past three days.
McInnis 03
AG
Prognightmare said:

Focus whales. The casualties have already mounted a toll. DO NOT BECOME A VICTIM OF TEMPTATION.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
ProgN
McInnis 03 said:

Prognightmare said:

Focus whales. The casualties have already mounted a toll. DO NOT BECOME A VICTIM OF TEMPTATION.
I'm not going to catch a ban, just enjoy the pressure that thread puts on Young and the BORs.
gig em 02
Snss went from .35 to .5 after hours I NEED ANSWERS JUST THROW THAT SMOLLIET FAKE AG IN JAIL AND GIVE ME SNSS ANSWERS
ProgN
gig em 02 said:

Snss went from .35 to .5 after hours I NEED ANSWERS JUST THROW THAT SMOLLIET FAKE AG IN JAIL AND GIVE ME SNSS ANSWERS
Quote:

Nasdaq FSI: *Deficient: Issuer Failed to Meet NASDAQ Continued Listing Requirements
Don't know how this would make it go higher but will it be on the pink sheets monday morning?
aggiedaniel06
AG
Bretton Gekko said:

I got my ass wrecked this week. It has been a while. Very unenjoyable. Maybe I need to start streaming Portnoy. Jesus.
How did a permabear lose money this week? Last two days have been the better ones in a while to be short.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
So the nasdaq closes below its 8 and 21 EMA (albeit, very close to 21 EMA). The close of yesterday also was below the low of the previous high day. Do we count this as a confirmed reversal?
Bretton Gekko
Haha. I think that rep came from being one of the few selling the rips throughout the 2018 taper tantrum. I've been 60/40 long/short over the past 2 years. But, don't take away my perma bear badge.
ProgN
$30,000 Millionaire said:

So the nasdaq closes below its 8 and 21 EMA (albeit, very close to 21 EMA). The close of yesterday also was below the low of the previous high day. Do we count this as a confirmed reversal?
We need further confirmation on Monday. It's gonna be a long weekend to wait for it.
txaggie_08
AG
Prognightmare said:

McInnis 03 said:

Prognightmare said:

I'm not going to catch a ban, just enjoy the pressure that thread puts on Young and the BORs.

Question is, how do we put the most pressure on them? This is the wrong board for that, but seriously this kid needs to be kicked out of A&M and Young needs to go after essentially calling us all racists. Racism in such short supply they're having to create it.
ProgN
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3126750/next

We're on it.
gig em 02
summary for the poors?
ProgN
That's a free forum, just click the link.
Betoisafurry
Says you must be a subscriber.

Also interested about what's goin on with snss. Will hopefully unload some Monday and then sell some cc's on the rest. Cost basis is ~0.36 and I'm sick of staring at it every morning.
aggiedaniel06
AG
Boo! Your Mr. Permabear badge is going to be replaced with Mr. Cautiously Optimistic. Not as badass.
gougler08
AG
txaggie_08 said:

Prognightmare said:

McInnis 03 said:

Prognightmare said:

Question is, how do we put the most pressure on them? This is the wrong board for that, but seriously this kid needs to be kicked out of A&M and Young needs to go after essentially calling us all racists. Racism in such short supply they're having to create it.

The demand is >>> supply
ProgN
Charlie Kelley said:

Says you must be a subscriber.

Also interested about what's goin on with snss. Will hopefully unload some Monday and then sell some cc's on the rest. Cost basis is ~0.36 and I'm sick of staring at it every morning.
I don't understand why it's doing that. Go to forum 16 and it s the "Park West incident video" thread. It's not behind the paywall.

SNSS? I'm not in it but it looks like it didn't meet the requirements to be listed on Nasdaq. I may be wrong but that's all I could find newswise and I have no idea why it would jump AH.
Grown Pear
AG
gougler08 said:

txaggie_08 said:

Prognightmare said:

McInnis 03 said:

Prognightmare said:

The demand is >>> supply
brilliant

way to fit this in with the investing board!
McInnis 03
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

Boo! Your Mr. Permabear badge is going to be replaced with Mr. Cautiously Optimistic. Not as badass.

REPLYING TO YOURSELF IS MY SCHTICK!
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
Yeah, you tell him boo.

B&I Key:
txaggie_08
ProgN
Smartass, I love it.
khaos288
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Yeah, you tell him boo.

I'm dying
Brewmaster
AG
gig em 02 said:

yeah the patent with BIIB as another poster mentioned, also buyout rumors, but those could just be rumors.

More importantly, lots of bullish technical indicators firing on it. Also the volume AH was legit, not just a few shares type pump.

aggiedaniel06
AG
Today seems like an appropriate day to share this story.

As I posted somewhere before, I took a massive position in AMD in 2015 when it was trading at $2. Our analysts were researching AMD and the main thing that stood out to me was Lisa Su. She in my opinion is the absolute ideal CEO for a semiconductor company. She has a Bachelor's, Master's & PHD in Electrical Engineering from MIT which is perfect, but she also has that unique quality few Engineers of that caliber possess, which is also being a great salesperson and having an acute business sense. I had a chance to meet her at CES in 2017 and talk a little shop and business. We got along very well as we have similar personalities - EE background with very extroverted personalities.

The way she changed the game for AMD was that after years of being blackballed by Intel for providing CPU's for Dell, she was able to get back in with them in 2016. Also, she was also able to leverage their relationship with Microsoft built by supplying the APU's for the Xbox into supplying GPU's for their high margin Azure Cloud Server business. Her biggest coup was hiring back Jim Keller the grandfather of the Zen architecture and thereby the Ryzen ecosystem.

This current story of Intel being behind AMD in providing smaller chips has been true since 2016, when AMD was already dishing out the badass 12 nm Zen+ chips and Intel was still struggling with their 14 nm Skylake. If you get into the weeds of chip architecture and manufacturing, you'll realize that Intel cannot catch up in the wafer game. Of course, they will still get their piece of the pie because of their strong relationships.

The main takeaway for me was that I should always bet on people. Besides all the promise of the tech, I knew AMD would never be able to topple Intel because of their poor past image (AMD = Almost Dead as it had been known for decades). But I knew Lisa Su would be able to overcome that take them to the promised land. In my current business the only motto we have is: Hire the best, keep them happy and let the magic unfold.
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
35x'ing with a massive investment in 5 years - well freaking done.
ProgN
aggiedaniel06 said:

Today seems like an appropriate day to share this story.

As I posted somewhere before, I took a massive position in AMD in 2015 when it was trading at $2. Our analysts were researching AMD and the main thing that stood out to me was Lisa Su. She in my opinion is the absolute ideal CEO for a semiconductor company. She has a Bachelor's, Master's & PHD in Electrical Engineering from MIT which is perfect, but she also has that unique quality few Engineers of that caliber possess, which is also being a great salesperson and having an acute business sense. I had a chance to meet her at CES in 2017 and talk a little shop and business. We got along very well as we have similar personalities - EE background with very extroverted personalities.

The way she changed the game for AMD was that after years of being blackballed by Intel for providing CPU's for Dell, she was able to get back in with them in 2016. Also, she was also able to leverage their relationship with Microsoft built by supplying the APU's for the Xbox into supplying GPU's for their high margin Azure Cloud Server business. Her biggest coup was hiring back Jim Keller the grandfather of the Zen architecture and thereby the Ryzen ecosystem.

This current story of Intel being behind AMD in providing smaller chips has been true since 2016, when AMD was already dishing out the badass 12 nm Zen+ chips and Intel was still struggling with their 14 nm Skylake. If you get into the weeds of chip architecture and manufacturing, you'll realize that Intel cannot catch up in the wafer game. Of course, they will still get their piece of the pie because of their strong relationships.

The main takeaway for me was that I should always bet on people. Besides all the promise of the tech, I knew AMD would never be able to topple Intel because of their poor past image (AMD = Almost Dead as it had been known for decades). But I knew Lisa Su would be able to overcome that take them to the promised land. In my current business the only motto we have is: Hire the best, keep them happy and let the magic unfold.
Excellent post and the insight is valuable, thank you for sharing. I too have heard the "almost dead" reference.
First Page Last Page
Page 1935 of 6418

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.