Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,519,550 Views | 223291 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by ProgN
TecRecAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
boyz05 said:

What's the vote? NFLX stock opens higher tomorrow?
Robinhood to the rescue!!!
ProgN
I'm back

Missed you guys. Being able to read but not comment SUCKS.
CheladaAg
AG
Looks like Stay-at-home stocks going to continue the retace now.
AggiePeeps06
AG
What just happened to the market? Everything dropped
pacecar02
AggiePeeps06 said:

What just happened to the market? Everything dropped
nflx missed
CheladaAg
AG
Poor earnings just reported by NFLX
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
they didn't miss, they bombed. haha.
topher06
Yeah tomorrow isn't going to be fun for tech. Glad TTOO was able to carry my portfolio today, barely. NET and AMZN has been murdering my portfolio recently, but glad I don't have any purchased calls (except for TSN for one more day, LOL).
TecRecAg
AG
McInnis 03
AG
I had the spreads properly spaced it appears. I had sold the 470p and bought the 465p. Sold the 600c and bought 605c
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
59 South
AG
AMZN has been murdering your portfolio? Its up almost 9% just in July. Did you buy Monday morning?
ProgN
Check out: Amazon to Build Fulfillment Center in Pflugerville

https://ktemnews.com/amazon-to-build-fulfillment-center-in-pflugerville/
59 South
AG
Welcome back brother.

PS: can you just stay off f16 and hang out here?
Mister Cooper
AG
Would it be the smart play to sell tech stocks and not hold them tomorrow/over the weekend?
Ragoo
AG
I would be surprised if NFLX isn't back to 500 tomorrow.
59 South
AG
No, they were overbought and now are right back on trend. Why sell unless trend is clearly broken?
ProgN
59 South said:

Welcome back brother.

PS: can you just stay off f16 and hang out here?
I can't, I feel like Pookie in "New Jack City", " the **** be calling me man, CALLING ME"

Although being sent to banned camp really does suck.
SMM48
AG
Depends on which ones.
59 South
AG
Can you at least still blue star posts when banned? I can't remember. Only banned once I think.
ProgN
Yep
topher06
59 South said:

AMZN has been murdering your portfolio? Its up almost 9% just in July. Did you buy Monday morning?
I got a short memory bruh. I said recently, which is like 2 days to me. I bought these shares at like $1800, but what have you done for me recently (again, 2 days).
Mister Cooper
AG
I've mainly been following SQ and NET specifically. I hold MSFT, but I will not touch that one. There has been a lot of swings with the first two mentioned
gougler08
AG
For the TX shutdown rumors...this was Abbott just a couple hours ago

https://www.khou.com/mobile/article/news/health/coronavirus/austin-coronavirus-texas-shutdown-lockdown-governor-greg-abbott-update/269-3a9547e5-c8b0-4b4a-a17f-2a7a47178656
59 South
AG
Haha, I've been there but started taking a Ionger approach for mental health reasons. Sleeping better at night for sure! You startled me a bit cause I thought I missed something (been long for a couple years). Looked and thought wtf it's up 50% in about 3 months!
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Fireman said:

Boat Shoes said:

Fireman said:

I'm letting my ONTX position ride for now.

I'm not selling until we get back to $25!
Yep - hoping the Robinhood kids spot it and take us at least to $7.50.
Didn't see this mentioned over here and posted about it in the other thread.

I'm in heavy on it and just have a bunch of stop sells in place to help me sleep at night. Otherwise I'm holding.
oldarmy1
AG
Selling them naked? Absolutely.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I agree, the call will be telling. If they lost market share to amazon and disney that shouldn't impact the whole sector should it?
Brewmaster
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

RUG PULL ABBOTT RUMORS

Who the hell is floating this crap? It's been all week and is super annoying.
Agree 110%. Abbott just said recently (yesterday) that no lockdown, but as long as we wear masks. However if numbers get worse he'll be forced to.

It all depends on hospital capacities (looking at you right now Houston).
TecRecAg
AG
I know people are freaking out over the EPS, but they still beat revenue. Subscriber numbers still going up (across all platforms) which should help companies like ROKU.

I think this corrects itself in short order.
AGSmith
AG
Yes, naked. I finally have the authorization necessary to do so.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
TecRecAg said:

I know people are freaking out over the EPS, but they still beat revenue. Subscriber numbers still going up (across all platforms) which should help companies like ROKU.

I think this corrects itself in short order.
earnings matter at a 100+ P/E.
Bird Poo
AG
Something I noticed over the years.

Speculative biopharm stocks trend up when the overall market is down. WTH is up with that? I've seen it multiple times and today is no exception.
SMM48
AG
Msft is a beast. Hits on so many themes post covid. Big data check. Pandemics check. Millennials check. Aging population check. Health check. Safety. Cloud. Safe cities. Robotics. EDUCATION. E sports. Future human. Future mobility.

Put simply. Like ir or not They arent getting smaller.
They already went through the break em up they are too big ringer.....and even if they did. The parts are worth quite a bit standing alone.

Cloud. What this pandemic has done is fast forwarded everything by 3-5 years. Including cloud security. Are they overvalued. Some say yes. Some say no. You're already getting cloud. Big cloud at that with msft.

Sq. As far as the stock goes. Who knows. Think of it simply. Before covid. Had no problem picking up the stylus at any grocery store or speedway. Now. Not so much. We are faster to going cashless than we were back in feb. that is for certain. So who wins. V? Pypl? Sq? Maybe all of them?
SMM48
AG
Whoops hit reply to you. My bad

Nflx also protected 3q subscribers on the way light side . Street was excepting 6.5 million subscribers while nflx said 2.5 million.
jeromePOWell
AG
Paging McInnis -

Thinking about using this recent down tick to get some deals on some LEAP options, looking at NET - could get in the $40 Jan 21 C for $585, then sell calls over the next several months, the premium would pay you back the $585 pretty quickly taking a couple relatively safe out of the money sells over the life of the contract.

Does your brokerage have any specific language in their terms that if assigned they will exercise the LEAP to fill my assignment? My one concern is if it does go to the moon on me and the system doesn't have logic built in I'd want to have a lot of cash sitting in there for assignment insurance.

Care to join me for the ride?
First Page Last Page
Page 1900 of 6380

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.