Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,017,989 Views | 224187 Replies | Last: 10 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
TecRecAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.fox4news.com/news/abbott-says-there-are-no-plans-for-another-statewide-shutdown-of-texas
McInnis 03
AG
TecRecAg said:

https://www.fox4news.com/news/abbott-says-there-are-no-plans-for-another-statewide-shutdown-of-texas
oh I know. I've heard him on Dallas, Houston, West Texas, all the news stations. I wouldn't be shocked by double talk at this point.
AGSmith
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Been buying some GNUS premarket to use the recent spike over $4 juicing call premiums. Will sell $5 calls out to Oct against the shares.

Remains my top strategy right now to book future gains while virtually eliminating downside loss.
What are your thoughts about selling GNUS Aug $2 puts? They bring in about $55 per contract.
KT 90
AG
ONTX way up on the day. Thoughts on taking profits on a portion or just ride it to the $1.00 mark that we are still looking for in the not too distant future?

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Has ROKU gotten too high in your opinion? Debating about cashing out and waiting for it to drop back down.

Anybody?
59 South
AG
Chart looks fantastic if you have the time to be patient. I'm not selling here.
Fireman
AG
I'm letting my ONTX position ride for now.
YNWA_AG
AG
What hedges do y'all have in place or looking at?
topher06
YNWA_AG said:

You need to be more specific when asking questions like this. Hedges can be made against any position. Hell, $30,000 Millionaire has been buying SPY calls as hedges for months now.
Boat Shoes
AG
Fireman said:

I'm not selling until we get back to $25!
59 South
AG
No hedges per se but holding a decent % cash and looking to sell some shares and covered calls on trend highs the next few days to increase cash. I'm not a super active trader though.
Fireman
AG
Boat Shoes said:

Fireman said:

Yep - hoping the Robinhood kids spot it and take us at least to $7.50.
YNWA_AG
AG
What spy hedges recently? I know oa mentioned some somewhat recently
KT 90
AG
Fireman said:

Thanks. That was my thought as well, but thought I'd check in for thoughts from others in on this.

McInnis 03
AG
YNWA_AG said:

I have September SPY 300P's that I'm long on, when spy dips I sell 279P's against them, and then when we rip I buy the 279's back. Lather rinse repeat. If we dip enough I'll close the spreads if they're open or sell the 300p's outright.

I also keep SPX put butterfly's open on different time frames that I buy stupid cheap.
bigbass1170
AG
Fireman said:

Boat Shoes said:

Fireman said:

Hoping DDTG starts pumping as well
Boat Shoes
AG
bigbass1170 said:

Fireman said:

Boat Shoes said:

Fireman said:

Hoping DDTG starts pumping as well

Someone tweet it at him!
AGSmith
AG
McInnis 03 said:

YNWA_AG said:

I have September SPY 300P's that I'm long on, when spy dips I sell 279P's against them, and then when we rip I buy the 279's back. Lather rinse repeat. If we dip enough I'll close the spreads if they're open or sell the 300p's outright.

I also keep SPX put butterfly's open on different time frames that I buy stupid cheap.
What time frame at the 279s?
jsap
McInnis 03 said:

YNWA_AG said:

McInnis,
Could you explain this strategy? So you bough SPY 300p as protection against your naked 279p? But at the same time you're burning premium on your SPY 300p, no?
CheladaAg
AG
What's the vote? NFLX stock opens higher tomorrow?
Ragoo
AG
jsap said:

McInnis 03 said:

YNWA_AG said:

McInnis,
Could you explain this strategy? So you bough SPY 300p as protection against your naked 279p? But at the same time you're burning premium on your SPY 300p, no?
he is creating a vertical against the 300p. He could be selling the 279 on down days out 2-4-6 days. And then when spy has a positive day buying them right back so that he can resell the next down day as premiums go up.
McInnis 03
AG
jsap said:

McInnis 03 said:

YNWA_AG said:

McInnis,
The original purchase was a vertical spread long 300P, short 279P for September monthly expiry.

As SPY has jostled, it's been up, so the 279P has dropped significantly a couple times. When it gets to a point we've oscillated on (ie: SPY 322) I buy them back. Then I resell them when we take a dive. It's not super lucrative but it's a gain for me. I've done this 2 times. Right now I am waiting for a dive to sell them again.

I've kept the 300P the whole time as I can't sell naked puts without cash security due to this being in my ROTH IRA. Yes, the 300P's oscillate too, but the theta is very low right now with them being so far out. I'll make a decision on them in the coming weeks. If the PCall ratio gets back to .85 or so, I'll dump them, or if they double in price I'll dump them.

With all that being said, I'm probably not the best guy to be taking strategy from.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
59 South said:

Chart looks fantastic if you have the time to be patient. I'm not selling here.

Thanks. I'd seen an average evaluation at 140, so I was just getting wary. As I usually do when I start to make money lol.
tailgatetimer10
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

RUG PULL ABBOTT RUMORS

Who the hell is floating this crap? It's been all week and is super annoying.
McInnis 03
AG
I tried to put on my first iron condor on NFLX but it never filled
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
austinAG90
AG
Buyout rumors. Technology play
McInnis 03
AG
nflx taning and they didn't even announce yet did they?

Edit, yes they did.

B&I Key:
TecRecAg
AG
Down 12% AH. Yikes.
tramaro1
AG
Damnit NFLX, I was this close to putting in a $480p hedge and didn't pull the trigger
Rice and Fries
Netflix fell short. EPS waas 1.59 vs 1.81 expectted
khaos288
AG
Welp I fought all the way back to green...then nflx happened
Sparkins
tramaro1 said:

Damnit NFLX, I was this close to putting in a $480p hedge and didn't pull the trigger

I got the 475p. Hopefully it offsets my ROKU losses
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
boyz05 said:

LOL
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
McInnis 03 said:

I tried to put on my first iron condor on NFLX but it never filled
be glad it didn't, maybe.
CheladaAg
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

boyz05 said:

LOL
LOL
First Page Last Page
Page 1899 of 6406

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.