Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,056,957 Views | 224342 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
aggiedaniel06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
High Gamma hedging by dealers. When was the last time you saw SPX and VIX red?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
McInnis 03 said:

The volume today.....where in the hell did everyone go?
to the pennies!!!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
MROD92 said:

MVIS at 52 week high
and I'm now net free on my Nov $2 calls!
aggiedaniel06
AG
McInnis 03 said:

The volume today.....where in the hell did everyone go?
We are all busy trading SPCE.
oldarmy1
AG
TTOO $1.88

Just sold 50% of recent rebuys
austinAG90
AG
Has more legs in here regardless of MSFT rumors.
McInnis 03
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

High Gamma hedging by dealers. When was the last time you saw SPX and VIX red?

How do they even DO that!?
leoj
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Tough trading period after the easy money move to retest June top resistance yesterday.

Are we consolidating with a huge bull blowup coming through the $323 level? Or are we seeing a double top?

Odds are still to the bullish side but buying dips here is higher risk. Almost better to wait for either a further pullback within a developing potential Darvis Box or after a clear breakout.

Thanks OA, was my thought after seeing the action this week. Appreciate the outlook.
59 South
AG
That AMZN trade was there at 2920... just sayin...
Callate Donnie
Ideas for a good long term hold buy, with dividend, under $100 per share right now?
khaos288
AG
Callate Donnie said:

Ideas for a good long term hold buy, with dividend, under $100 per share right now?

Sphd
aggiedaniel06
AG
MM adjust their gamma exposure based on the PC skew changes relative to gamma. The job of MM is to stay neutral while providing liquidty.

So lets say when they deal a large number of puts to a buyer (OI change), the MM shorts the underlying to remain delta neutral, but as price moves one way or the other, their gamma exposure changes. So they then reposition to stay within 1 Std Dev OTM.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Has ROKU gotten too high in your opinion? Debating about cashing out and waiting for it to drop back down.
aggiedaniel06
AG
I was going to post a ZS chart, but AMZN works too.

So at this time, it has bounced of the 20 EMA. Now what do you do - Buy or Sell?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Callate Donnie said:

Vst, dri, ohi
59 South
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

I was going to post a ZS chart, but AMZN works too.

So at this time, it has bounced of the 20 EMA. Now what do you do - Buy or Sell?
Depends really on your strategy. You can really use it however you want. If day trading (especially options) then sell. Take that $100 per share gain and run, or if options even better ROI.

If swinging and entered down around 21 test for first entry, trim some maybe or just wait it out with stop limit that makes you comfortable.

Some guys will accumulate a larger position on trend breakout (see AMZN 2200) and then sell half or covered calls on those extensions above the 8 EMA and then buy them back at the 21 test. If the pattern holds for awhile, it works well. This would be the 5th or 6th cycle since breakout.

ETA: Wait till you get a close above 8 EMA to add if you want to be more bold...

Here's the chart. I have no idea why, but these things repeat. JD has been repeating as well but not really tied to EMAs, more explosion moves and then falling wedges...

oldarmy1
AG
Full disclosure on GOCO. They are my 2nd largest contact center client. Last year we ranked by 40% of static headcount for open enrollment Sept-Jan and they were woefully short on projecting headcount needs.

So they increased our static headcount year round and are adding an additional 60% for OE this year. This sets up a quarterly report surprise to the upside by millions.

Some people won't understand the seasonal aspect of the new stock and will likely create a huge spike in price to capitalize on when they announce Q4 results early next year. We'll have options by then as well.
AggiePeeps06
AG
That's the AMZN chart right? I sold my weeklies at the low today and it has come roaring back...
McInnis 03
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

MM adjust their gamma exposure based on the PC skew changes relative to gamma. The job of MM is to stay neutral while providing liquidty.

So lets say when they deal a large number of puts to a buyer (OI change), the MM shorts the underlying to remain delta neutral, but as price moves one way or the other, their gamma exposure changes. So they then reposition to stay within 1 Std Dev OTM.
Thanks for this, I'd have not put 2 and 2 together.
Grown Pear
AG
Callate Donnie said:

KMI has been sub 15 recently with 7%+ dividend
XOM near 40 and 8% dividend I like too

ETA - I like selling puts on these down here and collecting a decent return until it gets exercised at a price I like anyways. Right few weeks before ex-dividend is nice too to get double income and then sell covered calls. Can keep a portion true L/T and not sell calls as well
59 South
AG
Yup, hammer close above 8 EMA today and it's right back on trend up into earnings.
TecRecAg
AG
Trying some farther out calls to get through current climate.

JD Sept 62.5C
oldarmy1
AG
Grown Pear said:

Callate Donnie said:

KMI has been sub 15 recently with 7%+ dividend
XOM near 40 and 8% dividend I like too

ETA - I like selling puts on these down here and collecting a decent return until it gets exercised at a price I like anyways. Right few weeks before ex-dividend is nice too to get double income and then sell covered calls. Can keep a portion true L/T and not sell calls as well

Exactly. You give me $8/share on FTNT from here and I'm a happy camper assigned or just the $8 gain/share.

When you aren't sure about direction you basically are going to earn $8/share if we bounce or lower entry by $8 from buying shares today, which would be assigned at about the price you would have been looking to buy anyways.

oldarmy1
AG
CHNG with a give away reversal move upward having a pullback on market weakness is also a good buy. That or sell naked $11 Puts out to August.
TecRecAg
AG
Someone slap me next time I put a trailing stop on ROKU. F ME
AgShaun00
AG
AGSmith said:

The 8/7 12p is 1.42, but that may tie up your cash for a little longer than you would like
went with Aug 10P at 1.10. if it feels, that is an 8.9 cost so I am good with that.
McInnis 03
AG
Market is expecting a 15% move on NFLX post earnings, could be a fun Iron Condor to put on to cap the day.......
McInnis 03
AG
RUG PULL ABBOTT RUMORS
khaos288
AG
McInnis 03 said:

RUG PULL ABBOTT RUMORS

Huh? There's been about 50 all week.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

RUG PULL ABBOTT RUMORS

McInnis 03
AG
This was the first I've seen of the rumors hitting any wires.
McInnis 03
AG
and SPY don't care.
khaos288
AG
McInnis 03 said:

This was the first I've seen of the rumors hitting any wires.

Ah thanks. I don't have a follow on that guy. Wonder what the sources are.
HouAg12
AG
What MSFT rumors??
khaos288
AG
Not a bad day for APT
First Page Last Page
Page 1898 of 6410

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.