Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,106,736 Views | 224617 Replies | Last: 22 min ago by bmoochie
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
McInnis 03 said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

lets look at the clues:

• AUDJPY is coming down some
  • Put/Call ratio is at 0.6
  • TICK has been pretty narrow today
  • BKX not confirming rally
  • Semiconductors up
  • NDX is overbought by RSI
  • VIX stable
  • Morning gap not filled
  • Nothing special on SPY volume, QQQ volume high

I dunno, seems like we should see at least a small pull back.
Who are you and why do you sound like me? (Only smarter)

I don't like it McInnis, I don't like it one bit.
you're a smart dude and I've learned a lot from you. don't sell yourself short.
12thMan86
AG
deadbq03 said:

12thMan86 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

There's a lady on Simpler I like named Raghee Horner. She's been trading 30 years, and will go bearish when the time is right. This morning, she said she just can't get short. She just wants to buy the pullbacks. Says we are in a bubble like 2000 and the FED will just keep pumping. Don't fight the FED! ( I really have a hard time with that and seem to fight the FED too often, and usually lose money when I do.

EDIT: I'm a closet bear, and that hasn't been working too well
Honest concern here, not trying to be a turd... but I'm not sure I like the idea of buying into a bubble. At some point it's gonna burst and knowing my luck I'll get caught.
just don't make any huge bets. You are correct, it will burst and people will get smoked! I just do see that happening in the immediate future. I could easily see a pull back of 10% at any time, but it will just get bought up.
topher06
Looks like TSN is gonna manage to squeak out a red day. What a disaster.
jbeck3487
AG
What's with the SNSS drop today?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Fightin_Aggie said:

PFE (Pfizer) has been a dog for me since I got in a couple of weeks ago. Down about 15% since entry which is about the point I cut it.

The financials look good. Any thoughts on why the down pressure?

Their earnings were down last year but I thought forward earnings look good. Anyone else on this?
oops apparently I missed something big on PFE. Imminently they are spinning off part of their company called UpJohn into a new company as a merger with a company called Mylan? PFE shareholders will get shares of the new company but of course PFE sp will drop as a result. Doesn't seem like it should hurt the pre-spinoff stock price but seems like it would tank your pfe calls unless they do something funny to turn them into partial pfe calls and partial new company calls...
TChaney
jbeck3487 said:

They are dropping phase 2 testing of one of their products lines.
stxag8
AG
Sheesh ROKU
I bleed maroon
AG
NRD09 said:

Fightin_Aggie said:

PFE (Pfizer) has been a dog for me since I got in a couple of weeks ago. Down about 15% since entry which is about the point I cut it.

The financials look good. Any thoughts on why the down pressure?

Their earnings were down last year but I thought forward earnings look good. Anyone else on this?
oops apparently I missed something big on PFE. Imminently they are spinning off part of their company called UpJohn into a new company as a merger with a company called Mylan? PFE shareholders will get shares of the new company but of course PFE sp will drop as a result. Doesn't seem like it should hurt the pre-spinoff stock price but seems like it would tank your pfe calls unless they do something funny to turn them into partial pfe calls and partial new company calls...
Wow - good information!

I have held options for companies with imminent spin offs, mergers, etc. before, but it can get confusing, for sure. I may unwind my strangle trade quickly due to this information. Thanks!
jeromePOWell
AG
Are you baiting me into asking "what's upjohn?"
ProgN
jeromePOWell said:

Are you baiting me into asking "what's upjohn?"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upjohn
ProgN
Hell of a battle for 313 occurring right now.
topher06
Prognightmare said:

Hell of a battle for 313 occurring right now.
Looks like bears took it, hopefully we can gap to 314 again tomorrow.

EDIT: Trying again.
Rice and Fries
stxag8 said:

Sheesh ROKU
Looks like ROKU is choking on a bag of gummy flavored male genitals . Sheesh.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
312 battle right now.
cptthunder
Are there any large option positions out on KR right now that anyone has seen. The last week it looks like someone is pinning the price within the last 15-30 minutes of the day and once it gets there it stick big time

Besides some of the paid services is there a easy way to look for open option positions quickly?
IrishTxAggie
AG
cptthunder said:

Are there any large option positions out on KR right now that anyone has seen. The last week it looks like someone is pinning the price within the last 15-30 minutes of the day and once it gets there it stick big time

Besides some of the paid services is there a easy way to look for open option positions quickly?
Look at the options chain on your brokerage page.
topher06
Well, SPY utterly failed to defend 314. Is that a bearish sign or just a meh sign?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Anyone in here have DELL?
leoj
AG
Damn. Earnings?
IrishTxAggie
AG
McInnis 03
AG

McInnis 03 said:

lets look at the clues:

• AUDJPY is coming down some
  • Put/Call ratio is at 0.6
  • TICK has been pretty narrow today
  • BKX not confirming rally
  • Semiconductors up
  • NDX is overbought by RSI
  • VIX stable
  • Morning gap not filled
  • Nothing special on SPY volume, QQQ volume high

I dunno, seems like we should see at least a small pull back.
Who are you and why do you sound like me? (Only smarter)

I don't like it McInnis, I don't like it one bit.
you're a smart dude and I've learned a lot from you. don't sell yourself short.

Thank you for the kind words. I just wish my P/L represented your thoughts!
ProgN
Cramer just said ring the register on your gains. Some will take this advice to buy more, but I'm in agreement.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Prognightmare said:

Cramer just said ring the register on your gains. Some will take this advice to buy more, but I'm in agreement.

Cramer historically sucks. He's a modern day Nostradamus that just throws **** at the wall and hopes it sticks. Have you seen the Cramer vs. S&P returns? It's laughable.

I still believe we have a decent sized pullback, but it hasn't been indicated yet.
ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/23/theres-a-wave-of-selling-estimated-to-be-in-the-billions-thats-about-to-hit-the-stock-market.html
Quote:

With the S&P 500 up more than 21% for the quarter so far, strategists are handicapping the likelihood that pensions and other funds and investors will sell some of their big stock market gains and buy bonds in the course of the next week.

Estimates of how much could move out of the stock market are wide ranging and JPMorgan analysts say if stocks lose ground as a result, it would be a buying opportunity. There's also the chance that not much at all could happen, since some strategists say the volatility of month end and quarter end may have already been playing out in the equity derivatives markets, and investors could also have already been shifting stock holdings.

"The end of the quarter is going to be pretty interesting, given how much the market has moved during this quarter. There could be volatility here. We already witnessed it and there's potential for more, as we move toward the end of Q2," said Dan Deming, managing director at KKM Financial.

Bond strategists pay particular attention to the month end, which can bring about moves in fixed income markets as pensions and other funds and investors adjust their portfolios to bring asset allocations back in line. Quarter end makes it an even bigger event, and this quarter's big move in stocks has some speculating there could be a sizeable move by pension funds into bonds, with some estimates ranging from $35 billion to $76 billion.
gig em 02
I was just wondering if there would be a significant rebalance with the way the techs have moved this quarter
McInnis 03
AG
I think a big tell would be if audjpy starts to fall first. Second thing while be that the TICK would have trouble getting above zero and staying there. When the big money starts to move it's like a cruise ship turning. Don't get in it's way!
Brewmaster
AG
TChaney said:

jbeck3487 said:

They are dropping phase 2 testing of one of their products lines.
weak sauce for the drop that occurred... orchestrated drop. Huge sell pre-market, then instantly several million plus share buys. Big boys buying in much cheaper. Typical bio shenanigans!
IrishTxAggie
AG
IrishTxAggie
AG
Maybe TSN will get a little pump
leoj
AG
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
It will. You're learning.
astroaggie13
AG
I've been in on AMD for a little bit and it wont break resistance.. maybe it'll happen before my calls run out
Gig em Stros
khaos288
AG
astroaggie13 said:

I've been in on AMD for a little bit and it wont break resistance.. maybe it'll happen before my calls run out

Amd man...I have thought that exact thought half a dozen times
YNWA_AG
AG
Amd took a year to break 13 and 3 months to break 30 so it's on brand.
CSTXAg92
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

Individual companies that are neck deep in debt and likely to be bailed out by the Fed. As an example, Ford.

Also when the inevitable crash in equities arrives, you'll have a further mad rush of money into bonds.

AggieDaniel06 - CNBC article on anticipated selloff and move to bonds...

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/23/theres-a-wave-of-selling-estimated-to-be-in-the-billions-thats-about-to-hit-the-stock-market.html
First Page Last Page
Page 1801 of 6418

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.