Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,075,535 Views | 224426 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Heineken-Ashi
Dale Earnhardts Stache
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
one MEEN Ag said:

Dale Earnhardts Stache said:

Citron had an article yesterday calling for $SONO to $30 in 2020. The basis was people spending so much more time at home. What are the board's thoughts on a medium to long term hold on $SONO?

There are also some AAPL acquisition rumors floating around.
I was researching speakers for my in-laws house that could be used for entertaining. Requirements were dead simple set up and interface, relatively portable, multiple speakers playing the same music at considerable range, operate from phone with good integration to pandora/spotify.

Sonos was the only brand that checked all those boxes. A lot of competition for single speaker systems that did bluetooth, but very few competitors for mesh network of speakers.

Only problem was the system that would stop all their complaining about speakers would cost about $1000. They just bought a portable speaker on wheels and decided playing the same music was everywhere wasn't worth the cost.

So I think sonos is delivering a good 'it just works' product for something that is semi-complicated, but its price range is stupid high.

If apple buys them, it'll remain a premium luxury whole house set up. If Amazon buys them it'll be cheaper products that do the same thing.

Pretty sure that you can't stream Apple Music over Sonos either which would be a deal breaker for me if I was in the market. Obviously that changes if Apple buys them but that's still a big if and who knows when.

Agree with you on the other points. Way overpriced in my opinion.
Colt98
AG
I'm pretty sure my wife and kids stream their apple music over our Sonos
McKinney Ag69
AG
Does anyone else here think Dave Portnoy is the biggest toolbag on the planet? Duh this particular stock is up because you plugged it genius. Is this guy a total shill that does pump and dumps? Volume on this stock goes from ~100K to 400M recently.

AgEng06
AG
The whole thing is a schtick. Personally, I find him entertaining.
IrishTxAggie
AG
He's pushing his luck. He's going to get a call from the SEC soon
ClutchCityAg
Let it ride
astros4545
AG
Challenger 17 said:

Does anyone else here think Dave Portnoy is the biggest toolbag on the planet? Duh this particular stock is up because you plugged it genius. Is this guy a total shill that does pump and dumps? Volume on this stock goes from ~100K to 400M recently.

Bring back sports and he will quit gambling on stocks

Simple as that
IrishTxAggie
AG
BABA 235C WEEKLIES GETTING HIT AROUND 1.2
ProgN
Watching "Gangsters" on REELZ. This episode is about Danny Greene "The Irishman". He DGAF at all about going up against the Cleveland mafia.
BenRev09
AG
TXAG14 said:

Trial is on pigs. If it was on humans it would have mooned.
What about chickens? Only half kidding.

TSN did absorb some big sells around 61.50 yesterday and again today and is moving up. Maybe there's still hope to salvage some value
TxAG#2011
Challenger 17 said:

He's pretty hilarious. If you read up on the history of barstool the company started out as a paper newsletter and is now rapidly growing into one of the biggest sports entertainment companies in the world.

Much needed comic relief in these not so great times for a lot of people.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Prognightmare said:

Watching "Gangsters" on REELZ. This episode is about Danny Greene "The Irishman". He DGAF at all about going up against the Cleveland mafia.

My grandparents knew him and used to hang out at the gatherings at the Irish club. My grandmother was a book keeper for Shondor Birns
McInnis 03
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

BABA 235C WEEKLIES GETTING HIT AROUND 1.2

HOLY **** I JUST MADE HAY
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
just for grins, I am going to buy a couple of SHIP puts to see what happens.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

just for grins, I am going to buy a couple of SHIP puts to see what happens.
can't, have to sell short instead.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
EU is considering barring american travlelers:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/23/world/europe/coronavirus-EU-American-travel-ban.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Spaceship
AG

EU is considering barring american travlelers:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/23/world/europe/coronavirus-EU-American-travel-ban.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Good, let's make it mutual.
ProgN
IrishTxAggie said:

Prognightmare said:

My grandparents knew him and used to hang out at the gatherings at the Irish club. My grandmother was a book keeper for Shondor Birns

ETA: Danny just blew up Shondor leaving the strip club.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Prognightmare said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Prognightmare said:

ETA: Danny just blew up Shondor leaving the strip club.
There's a picture of my Danny and my dad's family somewhere at my parents' house. Have to ask him if he knows where it's at.

Dude was a master of car bombs.
12thMan86
AG
Friggin AAPL, AMZN, MSFT....big tech is rollin today!

These will pull back at some point, but I just can't grow the balls to jump in at these FOMO levels! I've got the stock in all 3, but want to buy call options. Right when I did, to the minute, they would all drop!
leoj
AG
Seems like we are pretty extended right now
ProgN
I'd love to see it if you can find it. I'm half Irish.
12thMan86
AG
leoj said:

Seems like we are pretty extended right now
Big Time

I have SPY 314.38 as minor resistance (it was the high a few days back) but it looks like its about to push through
khaos288
AG
12thMan86 said:

These will pull back at some point, but I just can't grow the balls to jump in at these FOMO levels! I've got the stock in all 3, but want to buy call options. Right when I did, to the minute, they would all drop!
Last three weeks. Buy AAPL + 5$ from current strike weekly calls....profit a ten banger

Unless you're me, then sell for 30% wins
12thMan86
AG
khaos288 said:

12thMan86 said:

Last three weeks. Buy AAPL + 5$ from current strike weekly calls....profit a ten banger

30% is 30% but I get it. The bruises on my forehead from getting out too early.....
khaos288
AG
12thMan86 said:

khaos288 said:

12thMan86 said:

30% is 30% but I get it. The bruises on my forehead from getting out too early.....
Yeah, got to stick to the plan, but man serious FOMO. I could legitimately have doubled my account if I held all through the week.
tsuag10
AG
Any thoughts on if the NASDAQ is a little overheated?

I'm thinking about grabbing some QQQ puts and I'm open to suggestions and input for dates and strikes.
ProgN
Roku looking tired
IrishTxAggie
AG
12thMan86
AG
LOL SPY 15 minute candle spiked down to the 34ema to push out the weak hands...very quick. Hasn't visited the 34 in about 2 hours. Let's see if it pushes through resistance. Ticks are only -308, now going positive
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
lets look at the clues:

• AUDJPY is coming down some
  • Put/Call ratio is at 0.6
  • TICK has been pretty narrow today
  • BKX not confirming rally
  • Semiconductors up
  • NDX is overbought by RSI
  • VIX stable
  • Morning gap not filled
  • Nothing special on SPY volume, QQQ volume high

I dunno, seems like we should see at least a small pull back.
12thMan86
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

There's a lady on Simpler I like named Raghee Horner. She's been trading 30 years, and will go bearish when the time is right. This morning, she said she just can't get short. She just wants to buy the pullbacks. Says we are in a bubble like 2000 and the FED will just keep pumping. Don't fight the FED! ( I really have a hard time with that and seem to fight the FED too often, and usually lose money when I do.
McInnis 03
AG
12thMan86 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

There's a lady on Simpler I like named Raghee Horner. She's been trading 30 years, and will go bearish when the time is right. This morning, she said she just can't get short. She just wants to buy the pullbacks. Says we are in a bubble like 2000 and the FED will just keep pumping. Don't fight the FED! ( I really have a hard time with that and seem to fight the FED too often, and usually lose money when I do.
John has said in the past, if the SKEW goes 135, take a short position. If the PCall goes <.6, take a short position. The latter went true a few weeks ago, the former is true now.

The pullback is coming, BUT, Trump, JPow, and Steve Mnu are ALL on the same page. Pump this bubble up until the election. "If I lose......let the bubble pop". At least, that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!
McInnis 03
AG

lets look at the clues:

• AUDJPY is coming down some
  • Put/Call ratio is at 0.6
  • TICK has been pretty narrow today
  • BKX not confirming rally
  • Semiconductors up
  • NDX is overbought by RSI
  • VIX stable
  • Morning gap not filled
  • Nothing special on SPY volume, QQQ volume high

I dunno, seems like we should see at least a small pull back.
Who are you and why do you sound like me? (Only smarter)

I don't like it McInnis, I don't like it one bit.
deadbq03
AG
12thMan86 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Honest concern here, not trying to be a turd... but I'm not sure I like the idea of buying into a bubble. At some point it's gonna burst and knowing my luck I'll get caught.
First Page Last Page
Page 1800 of 6413

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.