Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,520,457 Views | 223295 Replies | Last: 45 sec ago by Brewmaster
thirdcoast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Do any shorts cover MRNA before long weekend?
Shundere
Sames, I already exited the call and am hoping to get a little back on the put. Shouldn't of got into that advanced of a trade.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Ok professor. The only way I learn is to do. So i'm trying to execute your teachings from yesterday on TLRY.

Open book:

Bought 9.5p's (for today) yesterday on the spike at 10+
This morning bought shares at 9.35 to cover the puts in whole.
Bought 10c's (for today) at the same time.

Now I'm seeing if we get a spike to sell covered calls on the shares that I'd sell at 9.5c for today.

My head is about to explode, and I'm sure my P/L will be next to 0 on this whole thing but unless I do it, I won't learn, and $10 stocks are better to learn on than $295 etfs.
F'ing A. I'm never doing this again. I'm in a spaghetti knot of fish line that I can't seem to untangle now.
Here you go.

**Hey look TLRY spiked and topped, let's model T this for tomorrow.
BUY TLRY 9.5p (.60) x2 **initial put buy
BUY 200 TLRY (9.38) x200 **lets be like OA, let's buy against those puts!
BUY TLRY 10c (.24) x2 **I think OA buys calls here, let's try that
SELL TLRY 10c .09 x2 **Oh man, these calls are worthless as this goes down, bail out!
SELL TLRY 9.5c .30 x2 **So if I sell a call here, I'm protected both up and down...right?! that seems like a good thing.
BUY TLRY 10c (.30) x2 **Wait, if I turn this into a debit spread I'll be good to go! (only, pay attn, this isn't what creates a vertical debit spread)
SELL TLRY 9.87 x200 **Heh heh, I don't need THESE anymore, goodbye stock!
BUY TLRY 10c (.15) x5 **Might as well grab some of these on this pump and scalp
SELL TLRY 10c .17 x5 **2cents, yeah baby!
SELL TLRY 10P .19 x2 **Wait..... THAT'S NOT A DEBIT SPREAD!!! I need a way to get stock to cover these short calls!! *panic*
BUY 200 TLRY (10.037) **Oh crap, those aren't in the money, I'm not covered if this closes above 10, BUY STOCK!
BUY TLRY 10p (.19) **F this, I'm out. Close it all. Buy to close the puts
BUY TLRY 10p (.21) **I'm filling this hell or high water.
BUY TLRY 9.5C (.60) x2 **Don't care, bailing out, I'm not staying on the Titanic
SELL TLRY 9.5P .03 x2 **You f'ers are worth a measely 3cents at this moment and I do NOT care, get out, the way you came in, GET OUT.
sELL 10c .24 x2 **Hey, a little profit, don't care, you leave too.
SELL 200 TLRY 10.0201 **out, out, OUT.

Final tally ($113.38)
Commissions (Ameritrade won this round)
Lessons learned? Priceless.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Mr President Elect
AG
Anyone still holding TWTR? It never hit the max target the other day, so I still have 25%, but it is about at that target now, and wonder if I still should unload them there?
spud1910
AG
willjohnathan said:

Anyone still holding TWTR? It never hit the max target the other day, so I still have 25%, but it is about at that target now, and wonder if I still should unload them there?
I'm net free with a couple of runners. Tempted to go ahead and sell to lock in a little profit with the weekend ahead.
Swollen Thumb
AG
My head just exploded trying to follow that.
McInnis 03
AG
Swollen Thumb said:

My head just exploded trying to follow that.
I just hope y'all get a good laugh out of it.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
leoj
AG
Swollen Thumb
AG
Absolutely...I loved it (and your thought commentary). Not laughing AT you, but WITH you. I commend you guys for jumping in and working to learn this stuff and sharing it all for us to follow. I'm not there yet on the options, but want to dive in at some point. I can definitely see me getting into knot like this when I do. Like you said....only way to really learn!!
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Believe it or not, I've had scenarios play out quite similar to this.

Call it a rite of passage and keep on...
Pignorant
AG
Pignorant said:

Anyone follow Splunk? They have been on a tear since hitting the March lows.

Report earnings on Thursday.
Up 12% after earnings yesterday. Stock up $20 to $184.

Did not play it though.
0708aggie
AG
Can you explain that. I'm in the 5/29, 110 calls
Mr President Elect
AG
How many guys on here do this as a full time thing? I haven't gotten sh*t done over the last month.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
what caused the spike? I had a conf call I had to pay attention on and saw we went from - 0.10% to +0.12%?
2percent
AG
Pignorant said:

Pignorant said:

Did not play it though.
The CEO is an Aggie and i think there are quite a few Ags in their organization.

Nevermind, i checked it iout and he was not an ag. And this stock moves well but it is one of those i can never catch the right move. so i quit trading it.
leoj
AG
It's the volume weighted average price, so it's the average price of all the shares traded since that start point. Can act as a type of support, below that and the overall average share from that point would be held at a loss compared to the average cost basis.

MROD92
XELA volume
12thMan86
AG
I was wondering why my pot stocks were moving, and this could be one of the answers. I have leaps to Jan 22. Many!

https://nypost.com/2020/05/21/scientists-believe-cannabis-could-help-prevent-treat-coronavirus/
cisgenderedAggie
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Ok professor. The only way I learn is to do. So i'm trying to execute your teachings from yesterday on TLRY.

Open book:

Now I'm seeing if we get a spike to sell covered calls on the shares that I'd sell at 9.5c for today.

My head is about to explode, and I'm sure my P/L will be next to 0 on this whole thing but unless I do it, I won't learn, and $10 stocks are better to learn on than $295 etfs.
F'ing A. I'm never doing this again. I'm in a spaghetti knot of fish line that I can't seem to untangle now.
Here you go.

SELL TLRY 10c .09 x2 **Oh man, these calls are worthless as this goes down, bail out!
SELL TLRY 9.5c .30 x2 **So if I sell a call here, I'm protected both up and down...right?! that seems like a good thing.
BUY TLRY 10c (.30) x2 **Wait, if I turn this into a debit spread I'll be good to go! (only, pay attn, this isn't what creates a vertical debit spread)
SELL TLRY 10P .19 x2 **Wait..... THAT'S NOT A DEBIT SPREAD!!! I need a way to get stock to cover these short calls!! *panic*
BUY 200 TLRY (10.037) **Oh crap, those aren't in the money, I'm not covered if this closes above 10, BUY STOCK!
BUY TLRY 9.5C (.60) x2 **Don't care, bailing out, I'm not staying on the Titanic
SELL TLRY 9.5P .03 x2 **You f'ers are worth a measely 3cents at this moment and I do NOT care, get out, the way you came in, GET OUT.

Final tally ($113.38)

This looks exactly like my trade logs and rationale. This kind of **** got me my first good faith warning before I even knew what that meant.
McInnis 03
AG
This is the craziest of lottos, but NFLX is forming an h and I guess its' possible it could flush the close if it breaks 429.47 (daily low)

I'm watching today's 425p

B&I Key:
george1992
12thMan86 said:

I was wondering why my pot stocks were moving, and this could be one of the answers. I have leaps to Jan 22. Many!

https://nypost.com/2020/05/21/scientists-believe-cannabis-could-help-prevent-treat-coronavirus/

McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

This is the craziest of lottos, but NFLX is forming an h and I guess its' possible it could flush the close if it breaks 429.47 (daily low)

I'm in, new daily low.

B&I Key:
12thMan86
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

I'm in, new daily low.
broke daily 21 ema.
Touchless
AG
Pignorant said:

Pignorant said:

Did not play it though.
I only stuck with BJs
tlepoC
AG
Thanks McInnis! I joined as a degenerate. Liking what I'm seeing
oldarmy1
AG
Bought Jun 5th V $200 calls.
Aggies1322
AG
oldarmy1 said:

What premium did you get those at?
Mr President Elect
AG
Followed at $0.71
12thMan86
AG
on my own, NOT Bruce in my trading room...I just put on 2 x SPX 2940/2935 for .35. 70 to make 1000. Could be totally wrong, but my support levels are telling me its possible. Lotto from hell. Lets do this!

PUT Debit spread, breakeven SPX has to drop below 2939.65
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Open book:

Here you go.

Final tally ($113.38)

Hope that's a retirement account, or tax time is going to be a blast for you (or your CPA).
oldarmy1
AG
Aggies1322 said:

oldarmy1 said:

What premium did you get those at?
$0.68 average. If it can come down to $0.60 I'll double what I've already bought.
KT 90
AG
I didn't get in, but good call by whoever it was that said to watch MIND. Late to the party now.

12thMan86
AG
12thMan86 said:

on my own, NOT Bruce in my trading room...I just put on 2 x SPX 2940/2935 for .35. 70 to make 1000. Could be totally wrong, but my support levels are telling me its possible. Lotto from hell. Lets do this!

going the wrong way at the moment!!
McInnis 03
AG
gotsand said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Open book:

Here you go.

Final tally ($113.38)

Hope that's a retirement account, or tax time is going to be a blast for you (or your CPA).
Roth

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
12thMan86 said:

in it for $20 to go to $500. Not sure I see a flush coming, but crazier things happen.

B&I Key:
First Page Last Page
Page 1593 of 6380

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.