Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,516,028 Views | 223265 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

RRTS taking off on a rocket ship.

Haha.....hey, I am giving you my playbook of accumulation strategy while markets are using their playbook. Buy low/Sell high means I pay little attention to micro moves, although I will capitalize on them - like selling those shares on that crazy spike towards $3.50.

I note volumes amd lot size so I can see that plenty of larger lot trades were willing to pay $2.93-$3.19 and then sell at $3.32-$3.40's.

So I'll continue to accumulate with confidence these buys will be sold at $3 to average towards my net free eventual goal.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

In GILD July 20 $72 strikes
Quick move on premium up 22%...if she breaks and runs it will be a 4 bagger.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

We talk about reversal trades, volume momentum trades, trend trades, Darvis Box trades but my mainstay trade is trading gaps. You see me post them all the time and here is one where I had been posting accumulation of GILD in the mid $60's and then the continued trend move breakout above $67.50. I looked for the gap to be filled all the way up to $71.78. These gap fills happen over and over as posted so many times. So I exited on the initial gap fill because something else happens all the time, that being exhaustion top from filling the gap - at least short term. Over 90% of successfull gap fills result in at least a pullback. GILD did so but note the double bottom on the 2 pullbacks. Screaming buy on that for an eventual move back to this short term resistance top (taking a break).

FYI - I added the option post at the open due to seeing the clear volume signal. You saw this post on entering shares as a screaming buy at $70.50 area. I am using the options simply to add to the fun and will sell the shares in favor of the super low risk of options now that they are in the money.

And that's how we do it!
oldarmy1
AG
RRTS chart. Remember the "goal posts of life"? This is another example of that formation I love for identifying my next accumulation stocks. RRTS bottomed out on heavy volume reaching major support. It moved off that with heavy volume and created a reverse head and shoulders resulting in the initial pop last week. So you had a short and long term pattern rolled into RRTS. Now we watch the trend lines.

gougler08
AG
I keep thinking it's the weekend...forgot stocks were even open today
Ragoo
AG
why do we like RRTS or is this strictly a technical play?
Ranger222
AG
I have been accumulating shares in recent IPO names that were hot in the last uptrend for long term holds.... CBLK CDAY DOCU IQ ZUO with the last two being my favorite names. Also watching PVTL but it may dip down all the way to 21.5 to fill a gap which is where I will buy. All these names at or near critical trend lines from the charts. These could be names to start accumulating for oldarmy's "net free" strategy. Of course there is no guarantee these won't break for the downside either if the overall market decides to tank, but many of these tech/software names shouldn't be impacted by tariffs, etc. IQ is the outlier being a China name.

Only "trades" I am watching right now are TWTR and NFLX. Still think next week is when the fireworks for those names.

Story on Netflix this morning gunning for India market. Also rumblings about subscription price increases could move it higher ahead of July 16 earnings. Hard to believe it will still go higher, but not gonna stand in the way of this stock

oldarmy1
AG
Ragoo said:

why do we like RRTS or is this strictly a technical play?

A reversal in fundamentals underpinned by technicals. Spoke to the CEO after their positive outlook and appears to have resolved issues chasing them for last 3 quarters.

I also asked about impact of Amazon upping their direct shipping line (even though I knew the answer would be their model is large and container freight) and he spoke about micro-ship models being explored. Getting certain one-off bulk items tagged into a carrier is a money-maker.
oldarmy1
AG
OLED strong wave move. Thank you!!!
oldarmy1
AG
In the "can't getbin them all" category I give you TER. I was so close to accumulating shares under $20 a while back.

With that move options still likely a decent opportunity.
oldarmy1
AG
Supreme Court nomination going to be a market mover?
IrishTxAggie
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Supreme Court nomination going to be a market mover?
I don't think there will be a much of a move in the market with the Supreme Court. A Constitutionalist is expected and that shouldn't spook the markets. If it were a liberal picking the judge, different story.
oldarmy1
AG
GILD $72 Call options have moved from real time entry post $0.36 x $0.38 to now $0.82 x $0.85. When I was in a building capital phase as a younger trader I would be taking the pure 100% gain no questions asked. If you followed on the trade and are somewhere in that category then at least place a limit stop at $0.68 to guarantee a sure gain. Granted it broke out of a recent consolidation and could run up several more dollars. If you are going to look for the hall of fame move why not get your capital back by selling half right now? You only needed $0.76 to get net free holding so why not do both a sell of half AND add the trailing stop?
oldarmy1
AG
And if you are slow reader you can now sell those GILD calls for 90 cents.

Don't be greedy - manage your winners! You made over 100% ROI in under 3 hours.
oldarmy1
AG
Those GILD options 62 x 65.....everyone out? Pigs get slaughtered.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

In the "can't getbin them all" category I give you TER. I was so close to accumulating shares under $20 a while back.

With that move options still likely a decent opportunity.

Closing out TER options and rolled out 25% a week later.
leoj
AG
Today was a good day

Oa, you going to keep selling covered calls with twtr?
oldarmy1
AG
leoj said:

Today was a good day

Oa, you going to keep selling covered calls with twtr?
It worked 2 times but recall I had to scramble to keep from having 25% of my net free holdings pulled out? I am done selling covered calls on TWTR. It's a $100 stock over 2 years. I'd prefer to trade the eventual breakout from this clear consolidation pattern with Call options.
Ranger222
AG
IQ down 5% this morning on new BIDU sold 7.2 million shares
UpstateAg
AG
I'm either sitting on my hands, or buying at 27. Am I a moron? Maybe
gougler08
AG
One that Ranger had posted on a while back, MELI, is trying to break out of a downward wedge
Ranger222
AG
Netflix and Twitter also breaking out of their wedges
oldarmy1
AG
This has been a fairly easy wave trade cycle in terms of both pattern and length between each wave. This is what your recent entries would be hoping to see repeat HOWEVER if it fails then some major caution would be in order.

As we've explored numerous times these long sideways patterns generally end with a fake out move the WRONG way before springing to the direction trend we'll end up at (reversal bear market or resume bull market). Whatever is the outcome the reading we had on the markets entering a sideways channel can't be debated at this point. Any blinking by China on the trade front would result in a big move higher. In his own way Trump has created a compression spring that will either "go off" shooting us likely out of the channel or have the spring blow out sending us into the abyss. Isn't that definitive?

So I'm trading the pattern until it doesn't work, which means anticipating a wave move higher. But, as stated, thin Thin THIN!

oldarmy1
AG
Our stable growth holding LADR attempting a break out on trend.
Rice and Fries
Just bought some 500 shares of RRTS @ $2.54....

Lets ride.
oldarmy1
AG
AIG breakout move
aggiehunter3
AG
Thanks OA for the LADR gift. Picked up 450 shares at 15.7 last week.

Also aapl in a big wedge tracking the 50 day. If it gets through recent $187.5 resistance it should jump to 190 quickly. I picked up some 7/20 $190s this morning.
gougler08
AG
aggiehunter3 said:

Thanks OA for the LADR gift. Picked up 450 shares at 15.7 last week.

Also aapl in a big wedge tracking the 50 day. If it gets through recent $187.5 resistance it should jump to 190 quickly. I picked up some 7/20 $190s this morning.

Ditto on LADR, but any growth is just house money with that 8% dividend
Ranger222
AG
wow. crazy movement here. trying not to chase into a bull trap but we may really be moving up here
oldarmy1
AG
AVEO alert interrupted lunch meeting on resistance breakout attempt.
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

AVEO alert interrupted lunch meeting on resistance breakout attempt.
It keeps bouncing off that $2.40 line

It does seem like TWTR and MELI are both out of their wedges, let's see if they can hold on Monday
ClickClack
AG
Doubled my SPY calls this week. Closed position today and looking for potential re-entry in the next day or two. Could just keep going up though.
Rice and Fries
Nice pop RRTS
Ragoo
AG
went long twtr as it broke out this morning.

immediately sold calls on half the position expiring next week.
oldarmy1
AG
GILD.....selling the calls 4 bagger
First Page Last Page
Page 154 of 6380

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.