Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,144,640 Views | 224639 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
pfo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
US centric, tech stocks have been killing it! Relatively insulated from tariff threats, a global slowdown and resilient in the face of rising interest rates , small, midcap and large, growth, tech stocks have really been in the sweet spot this year.
oldarmy1
AG
JNPR $28 Call Options should be in the money this morning.

I bought into RRTS on the positive outlook as a long trade to work into a net free hold. They got crushed due to some accounting scandals, cleaned out their staff and beat expectations. I see the stock reaching $6 by end of Q1 2020.

If some momentum kicks in after the current breakout move ends then sooner and higher than that. A couple more proof quarters would likely put it at last pre-drop values at $9 but I think it would take a couple of years to see $12 pre-scandal levels.
pfo
AG
Texas A&M grad created ROKU caught an upgrade from Oppenhimer. Nine months after creation of the ROKU channel people are spending more time on it. Stock up 3.35% in the premarket.
oldarmy1
AG
RRTS up another 8% early
oldarmy1
AG
RRTS up 16%.....weeeeeeee Happy 4th!
oldarmy1
AG
Took a chunk off the table up 18%....let the net free games begin!
tramaro1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

You I bought into RRTS on the positive outlook as a long trade to work into a net free hold.
OA, can you explain to me your strategy to have a net free hold?

Are you just selling off shares to get your initial investment back and then playing with house money?
oldarmy1
AG
tramaro1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

I bought into RRTS on the positive outlook as a long trade to work into a net free hold.
OA, can you explain to me your strategy to have a net free hold?
If I make the decision to enter a stock as a long term hold like this one I look at the fundamentals, volume and breakout potential, and then I accumulate a large volume of shares. When I get an immediate 25% ROI I almost always sell 25% which I will either repurchase 20% lower from the sale or, if the stock continues moving higher I will switch over to selling covered calls unless a continued momentum run gets me close enough to plant it as a net free holding.

Our 3 energy trades gave multiple sell/rebuy, covered call and even naked Put option strategies allowing for a quick net free holding on 2 of the 3. SWN was the final one which got planted last week.
tramaro1
AG
Thanks
59 South
AG
Pre holiday sell off profit takers this afternoon should offer another entry opportunity for RRTS. Looking at about 2.88 to close today's gap.
what say you
OA1, do you have a list of long term holds you can share with us? SWN, CHK, SN, and RRTS are the ones I know you've mentioned. Thanks
oldarmy1
AG
59 South said:

Pre holiday sell off profit takers this afternoon should offer another entry opportunity for RRTS. Looking at about 2.88 to close today's gap.
I imagine the rubberband takes it below that some but with the sales filled at $3.41 to $3.39 I am buying back here at $2.80
59 South
AG
Wow that was quick. I think there's a chance it could hit about $2.50. Great buying opp regardless!
CT-11
AG
Flipped some ROKU 45 weeklies $1.00 - $1.75. Rolled profits into August calls for pre-earnings run.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the new IPO HYRE? Interesting idea. Basically AirBNB for cars. I bought a starter at $5.10
johnson2012
AG
SDRL? Popped up on my radar from their % gain. 17k% from a court ruling in their favor apparently. Can't imagine this will stay anywhere close to current prices.

I have no stake and have never heard of them before now.
ryanhnc10
AG
johnson2012 said:

SDRL? Popped up on my radar from their % gain. 17k% from a court ruling in their favor apparently. Can't imagine this will stay anywhere close to current prices.

I have no stake and have never heard of them before now.

I think that is bogus. There is a story about them re-emerging from bankruptcy and issuing 16 million new shares today. Previous shareholders will get 1.9% of newly issued shares
Señor Chang
AG
They did a reverse split. It was something like 3.73 new shares for 10,000 old. It was trading for 0.10 yesterday.
IrishTxAggie
AG
They got a better deal than ORIG... I think ORIG was a 1:10,000
johnson2012
AG
That makes much more sense. They have minimal volume and I couldn't decipher anything useful from a quick glance at the chart
Ragoo
AG
Closed out some roku puts this morning. Looking for the next opportunity
Bonfire1996
AG
WTF just happened to Micron? Flash down of over 4% and 4 Million shares changed hands in less than 5 minutes!
leoj
AG
Saw that too. I want to pick up even more shares at this level
leoj
AG
Nvm, found it. China playing tariff hardball

"Micron has been blocked from selling certain memory chips in China"

Preliminary injunction against them by a lower Chinese court in a patent lawsuit brought against them by a Chinese company. Let me find my shocked face.
gougler08
AG
Well that was a hell of a selloff at the end there
leoj
AG
Was about to say, that went downhill quick
Ragoo
AG
Sold ATM puts in UVXY at a $12 strike expiring 7/6. Had a very high ATM IV rank. With the sell off into the close the etf moved 5% higher and these contracts have already decayed by half.
oldarmy1
AG
what say you said:

OA1, do you have a list of long term holds you can share with us? SWN, CHK, SN, and RRTS are the ones I know you've mentioned. Thanks
Planted or working toward planting?
leoj
AG
Why not both
oldarmy1
AG
leoj said:

Why not both
The planted list is 217 now. Stocks like NFLX, GOOG, MSFT, JPM, etc. might not be ideal for the net free strategy at this point. That said - I do see some planted stocks like TWTR, I and even the energy trades as high opportunity to appreciate enough over the next year to use a combo strategy and build a nice net free position.

As for new entries into the approach I posted ZN and RRTS. RRTS did the typical spike and then retreated close to 50% of recent trend. I had sold my first 25% this morning average $3.40 and bought those back at $2.80. The shares came all the way back to that 50% retracement around $3.50 so I bought more.

ZN I have both shares and then I sold naked $4 Puts at $1. Someone was nuts to sell a $1 premium to me which would make my net entry $3 if forced to buy the shares at $4 come July 20. It's trading at $4.14
pfo
AG
oldarmy1 said:

leoj said:

Why not both
The planted list is 217 now. Stocks like NFLX, GOOG, MSFT, JPM, etc. might not be ideal for the net free strategy at this point. That said - I do see some planted stocks like TWTR, I and even the energy trades as high opportunity to appreciate enough over the next year to use a combo strategy and build a nice net free position.

As for new entries into the approach I posted ZN and RRTS. RRTS did the typical spike and then retreated close to 50% of recent trend. I had sold my first 25% this morning average $3.40 and bought those back at $2.80. The shares came all the way back to that 50% retracement around $3.50 so I bought more.

ZN I have both shares and then I sold naked $4 Puts at $1. Someone was nuts to sell a $1 premium to me which would make my net entry $3 if forced to buy the shares at $4 come July 20. It's trading at $4.14

217 planted stocks that, as I understand it, you own free and clear and just hold with house money.

That is so damn impressive!!!

WOW OA, you really are "The Man"! Congratulations and thank you from all of us devoted followers you have been coaching up!
SnowboardAg
AG
Bought in RRTS at 2.72 and again at 2.51 - was looking at the 50% retrace as well, but didn't know if it would make it back, or hang around the 32% range. I had FOMO so I bought both.

Either way, I appreciate all you're doing for us OA1 - very cool to give of your time and experience to help us along.
what say you
Thank you!
oldarmy1
AG
In GILD July 20 $72 strikes
UpstateAg
AG
Anyone else buying down their IQ average this morning? No? Anyone? Well crap...
IrishTxAggie
AG
RRTS taking off on a rocket ship.

Edit:
Well it did for a second. I got an indicator it was at $2.82... but then I look and $2.53. DAFUQ?
First Page Last Page
Page 153 of 6419

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.