Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,988,021 Views | 224152 Replies | Last: 31 min ago by McInnis 03
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ragoo said:

went long twtr as it broke out this morning.

immediately sold calls on half the position expiring next week.
I was right there with you on the TWTR signal. What a day
gougler08
AG
I'm already long on TWTR, but love that it's already breaking out of the flag pattern after just a couple weeks...if it follows the same flag pole as last time then I'm looking at it topping out around $58
oldarmy1
AG
snowmnag970 said:

Nice pop RRTS
Ragoo
AG
gougler08 said:

I'm already long on TWTR, but love that it's already breaking out of the flag pattern after just a couple weeks...if it follows the same flag pole as last time then I'm looking at it topping out around $58
earnings on the 20th.
gougler08
AG
Will make it or break it
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

AVEO alert interrupted lunch meeting on resistance breakout attempt.
What are your thoughts on taking a ~10% profit now and then trying to rebuy if/when it drops back down to the $2.10-$2.20 range prior to the results announcement in August?
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

What are your thoughts on taking a ~10% profit now and then trying to rebuy if/when it drops back down to the $2.10-$2.20 range prior to the results announcement in August?
I like the chart for a continued breakout. At these pricepoints euphoria can give you a 30-50% kick up in share price on a breakout. It is right on the mark right now.

If I WERE going to do anything I would sell the July 20 $2.50 covered calls so you either make $2.75 per share if called out or you get your share holdings price reduced by 25 cents. But again - I'm a holder here.

On the minute chart we had two 500k share trades hit that took us to current high.
tailgatetimer10
AG
I've been holding a portion and selling 30% at each of these 10% runs... I think it's done it 4 times now
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

I like the chart for a continued breakout. At these pricepoints euphoria can give you a 30-50% kick up in share price on a breakout. It is right on the mark right now.

If I WERE going to do anything I would sell the July 20 $2.50 covered calls so you either make $2.75 per share if called out or you get your share holdings price reduced by 25 cents. But again - I'm a holder here.

On the minute chart we had two 500k share trades hit that took us to current high.

I'll hold for higher then!
Ranger222
AG
Ragoo said:

gougler08 said:

earnings on the 20th.
also breaking out on low volume
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
SFIX has been kind to me today after slowing a bit over the past few weeks.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

This has been a fairly easy wave trade cycle in terms of both pattern and length between each wave. This is what your recent entries would be hoping to see repeat HOWEVER if it fails then some major caution would be in order.

As we've explored numerous times these long sideways patterns generally end with a fake out move the WRONG way before springing to the direction trend we'll end up at (reversal bear market or resume bull market). Whatever is the outcome the reading we had on the markets entering a sideways channel can't be debated at this point. Any blinking by China on the trade front would result in a big move higher. In his own way Trump has created a compression spring that will either "go off" shooting us likely out of the channel or have the spring blow out sending us into the abyss. Isn't that definitive?

So I'm trading the pattern until it doesn't work, which means anticipating a wave move higher. But, as stated, thin Thin THIN!

Are we all onboard with understanding the waves?
SlackerAg
AG
I see it shooting out of the channel, now that the market reacted positively to the tariffs. I'm going all-in & loading up positions.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

GILD.....selling the calls 4 bagger

Making sure anyone in on the options sees this. It double topped on the day so unlikely any new highs amd when options pop this hard on a Friday you take the money and revisit Monday.
Ragoo
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Ragoo said:

rolled my covered calls out 14 more days taking in an addition $1.20 in credit but also moved them up $2 in strike for an all in total of $3.20. Sitting at about a 12% return on half my position if I don't do some more rolling following earnings.
oldarmy1
AG
Ragoo said:

oldarmy1 said:

Ragoo said:

rolled my covered calls out 14 more days taking in an addition $1.20 in credit but also moved them up $2 in strike for an all in total of $3.20. Sitting at about a 12% return on half my position if I don't do some more rolling following earnings.
What % of your options do you roll Ragoo? I only roll around 18% but I think you are more active with the strategy.
Ragoo
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Ragoo said:

oldarmy1 said:

Ragoo said:

What % of butn options do you roll Ragoo? I only roll around 18% but I think you are more active with the strategy.
i have sold covered calls on half of my position. I am rolling to kick the can down the road so to speak, while also collecting premium. Basically rolling with movement in the underlying. If the stock goes up, I move with it. If it goes down, I will hold and let time decay the call.

When I sell puts I do the same, although this is just to manage paper losers into breakevens or winners.
oldarmy1
AG
Got it. Thx
IrishTxAggie
AG
AVEO having a nice little AH run.

FOMO buys
oldarmy1
AG
SN amd SWN new trend highs. The 3 amigo's are gonna be big payers
tramaro1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

What do you realistically think these can get to? What is is your exit strategy?
Joseph Parrish
AG
tramaro1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

What do you realistically think these can get to? What is is your exit strategy?

$6 should be your next target on SN.
SnowboardAg
AG
I'm just curious if T has been a long term hold? I have a target around 34 and have been buying around 31.5-32. I guess similar to LADR strategy.
oldarmy1
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

tramaro1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

There a lot of resistance markers and that $6 is next. But I see energy sector having at least a 50% complete recovery on share valuations so taking that into account I would play long ball.

SN $20
SWN $23
CHK $30

Everyone take a look at the long term charts. Energy was devastated. Absolutely crushed. We are in the infancy of a full blown reversal. Look at the volumes. You want to know who is supressing the price while they load up? You guessed it! And we have usually pointed out Darvis Boxes that break out to the bull side. Look at that break out on SWN to the bearish side. I made hay on that break back in 2015 when Obama's policies were having their full brunt effect on the industry.

Long story short (don't think about shorting!) no one buying these 3 stocks have missed out on whats coming. And I'll add ZN (posted recently as an accumulation stock). I mean what do you need? A flare?! Look at that volume! So you enter the stock here, in case it blows on up. And then if it pulls back you buy with confidence knowing whatever those shares are bought at will be able to be sold back here. Heck I hope it does so 10 times before moving higher!!!

There is a great 4 holding in the sector that I believe will produce 300% gains over 3-5 years.

sts7049
AG
I'd be ecstatic if CHK got to 30. my cost average is under 5 bucks.

i bought into some MRO several months ago and I'm up about 26%. debating if i keep holding onto it or taking profits now.
oldarmy1
AG
SnowboardAg said:

I'm just curious if T has been a long term hold? I have a target around 34 and have been buying around 31.5-32. I guess similar to LADR strategy.
NO SIR!!! You can't live long enough to make T work for you. Sell the heck outta naked Puts $30-32 or covered calls because this is the snail of the stock market. Almost impossible to get trapped on a trade. This chart is a ton of years and each candle is a month. I was willed some AT&T and sold it faster than a rattlesnakes strike.

ClickClack
AG
Ironically T was one of my best options trades ever a few years ago. But yeah it's been hanging around $30 for a long long time.
aggiehunter3
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Joseph Parrish said:

tramaro1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

There a lot of resistance markers and that $6 is next. But I see energy sector having at least a 50% complete recovery on share valuations so taking that into account I would play long ball.

I hope you're right...I bought SWN leap lottos last week $10 strike at .07 per contract- $1,000 outflow. It gets to your target and I stand to make $185k

SN $20
SWN $23
CHK $30

Everyone take a look at the long term charts. Energy was devastated. Absolutely crushed. We are in the infancy of a full blown reversal. Look at the volumes. You want to know who is supressing the price while they load up? You guessed it! And we have usually pointed out Darvis Boxes that break out to the bull side. Look at that break out on SWN to the bearish side. I made hay on that break back in 2015 when Obama's policies were having their full brunt effect on the industry.

Long story short (don't think about shorting!) no one buying these 3 stocks have missed out on whats coming. And I'll add ZN (posted recently as an accumulation stock). I mean what do you need? A flare?! Look at that volume! So you enter the stock here, in case it blows on up. And then if it pulls back you buy with confidence knowing whatever those shares are bought at will be able to be sold back here. Heck I hope it does so 10 times before moving higher!!!

There is a great 4 holding in the sector that I believe will produce 300% gains over 3-5 years.

Wiggletrace
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Joseph Parrish said:

tramaro1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

SN $20
SWN $23
CHK $30

I agree 100%. I've been on UNT since March and the chart is similar to SWN.

Thoughts?
pacecar02
I got trapped in a 6 month T trade early on, one of my first options trades

Figured hey, my mom worked here for 40+ years..they seem solid, lets try something

rolled it several times and may have made 1 or 2 bux on something that was suppose to be a 25 dollar winner

no sig
oldarmy1
AG
UNT was one we talked about in early 2016 on accumulation strategy. Long since planted but it's going to blow up as well as you can see by the resistance repeatedly being challenged. Just a matter of time.

oldarmy1
AG
Someone tell me about BBOX. Nothing but torture downward since IPO, faced bankruptcy and looks like a potential savior deal could make them a growth prop. News of bankruptcy sent it to all time lows but quickly recovered on huge volume back close to pre-bankruptcy warning news.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/black-box-awarded-10m-data-120000676.html

oldarmy1
AG
Follow up. Seen this play a hundred times. Panic the misery ridden longs who held through thick and thin with a bankruptcy warning 4 days before announcing a huge deal. Now scruples aside this should be used by us as clear entry opportunity on BBOX.

https://finance.yahoo.com/m/1c40f40a-dcd0-3d1a-9f14-8a40376552f5/cash-strapped-black-box.html

Troy91
AG
Please keep up the info. I am learning a ton while simply trailing your info.

Also, making a little money while learning.

Thank you.
Petrino1
Oldarmy how much money would you invest in BBOX as an entry point? Did a little research on them and looks interesting.
First Page Last Page
Page 155 of 6405

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.