Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,515,274 Views | 223258 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
ryanhnc10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
HK looks interesting. May have found a bottom with a reverse head and shoulders formation over the last few weeks. I'll be watching that one
oldarmy1
AG
ea1060 said:

Oldarmy how much money would you invest in BBOX as an entry point? Did a little research on them and looks interesting.
I'll grab some shares premarket (unless spiked) into opening. If low volume any buying would send up up which is not the goal when desiring accumulation. I'll wait to see if we get a 30 minute pullback move $1.50-$1.75 I'd accumulate up to 25k shares. Much smaller than say the oil accumulation size.
gougler08
AG
So random question on stop losses...if I have stock that is valued at $100 today and I put a stop loss on for $99, but it opens tomorrow at $95...do I still get the $99 value of the stop loss or is it sold at the open price?
Ragoo
AG
Think you are SOL. The stop loss is only triggered when the stock is trading at that value. It isnt actual insurance.
ClickClack
AG
gougler08 said:

So random question on stop losses...if I have stock that is valued at $100 today and I put a stop loss on for $99, but it opens tomorrow at $95...do I still get the $99 value of the stop loss or is it sold at the open price?

Yeah this is why they put a bunch of warnings there when you issue / try to issue a stop loss order. You can kind of get screwed. I wouldn't use them personally.
Aggie09Derek
AG
This ^
gougler08
AG
That's what I assumed, just wanted to make sure
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

That's what I assumed, just wanted to make sure

Intraday stop loss or trailing stop locking in profits about all I use. Prefer to use alerts within major support or resistance. That way you assess whats going on across macro markets, any fundamentals on news, volume signals, etc.
oldarmy1
AG
Futures up 80 DOW / S&P 5.5 / NAS 14.75

Wave upward appears to continue.
oldarmy1
AG
BBOX up another 78 cents premarket. Not going to chase share price. I'll watch 1st 30-45 minutes and check options. Sell naked Puts at $2.50 or even $2 if premiums are higher due to fast rising stock price.

Plus go out into 2019 for Calls well out of the money on the cheap, since if this new business is really the "tip of the iceberg" as they state then a $5, $6 call should pay off well within the timeframe.

I have a lot of questions needing answered on this one. It shows only 15.1M shares float. That is incredibly small and will mean all this volume flooding in will create wild activity either direction.

Also, it shows they have a dividend? Are you guys seeing that? Because the dividend at $2/share would be 23%. No way a company who was concerned about bankruptcy would pay any dividend.
59 South
AG
Looks like they used to pay $.12 per share dividend every quarter but stopped after the big drop off in Q3 2017.
Ragoo
AG
Looking like a big beautiful green open this morning. Hopefully I can get out of some options expiring this week and free up some buying power.
oldarmy1
AG
Ragoo said:

Looking like a big beautiful green open this morning. Hopefully I can get out of some options expiring this week and free up some buying power.
Indeed. Should be a premium mover.

Also AVEO is the gift that keeps giving on rebuying each time under $2. I get to plant that sucker today with any price above $2.50.

For you potheads, CRON has withstood multiple consolidation moves and looks like it is going to break the last 4 day $7 resistance for a run back towards $8 previous double top that set this consilidation period up.
oldarmy1
AG
Financial stocks rebounding
Rice and Fries
Oldarmy,

What would target as a decent price to accumulate more shares of SN at? I think with the news of France pulling out of dealing with Iran, Oil is going to go higher. Which means I am thinking about anything under $5 would be a good point.

Thoughts?
gougler08
AG
TWTR may not have actually broken out...down big so far today
oldarmy1
AG
I wouldn't bat an eyelash at entering any of those energy trades at current levels. And if its your first entries and you have options trading available then why not sell the August $5 naked Put at $0.50. You either get SN at a net $4.50 entry or you make $0.50/share. That's pretty sweet crude....
aggiehunter3
AG
aggiehunter3 said:

Thanks OA for the LADR gift. Picked up 450 shares at 15.7 last week.

Also aapl in a big wedge tracking the 50 day. If it gets through recent $187.5 resistance it should jump to 190 quickly. I picked up some 7/20 $190s this morning.
Love it when a plan comes together...aapl over 190 already this morning and my calls have doubled. Taking half off here and letting rest ride.
leoj
AG
Twtr

Guessing it's due to news about all of the fake accounts getting deleted?
Rice and Fries
oldarmy1 said:

I wouldn't bat an eyelash at entering any of those energy trades at current levels. And if its your first entries and you have options trading available then why not sell the August $5 naked Put at $0.50. You either get SN at a net $4.50 entry or you make $0.50/share. That's pretty sweet crude....
I currently own a few thousand, but I can't sell naked puts because I own them in my Roth :/

But good news is I'll just buy more for the long term!

Thanks again.
oldarmy1
AG
I got a paltry number of naked Puts sold on BBOX as it worked toward filling the gap. I purchased several thousand shares at $2.23-$2.25. Like I said earlier, the lack of float is going to make this a hard read. I just sold covered calls on 25% of shares purchased to give me a $2.90 net share sell if called out above $2.50. Otherwise those put a nice dent in average share price.
pfo
AG
OA, is it time to sell TWTR?
oldarmy1
AG
pfo said:

OA, is it time to sell TWTR?
Not me.
leoj
AG
Anyone ever taken a look at KEM? Was posted on tigerdroppings a while ago and has shot up from 17 to 26, also has solid business fundamentals and future growth prospects from what I've been able to look up.
gougler08
AG
Do you think this is just moving back in to the flag pattern after a fake our breakout
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

Do you think this is just moving back in to the flag pattern after a fake our breakout
Not sure but its still holding withint the range.

oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I got a paltry number of naked Puts sold on BBOX as it worked toward filling the gap. I purchased several thousand shares at $2.23-$2.25. Like I said earlier, the lack of float is going to make this a hard read. I just sold covered calls on 25% of shares purchased to give me a $2.90 net share sell if called out above $2.50. Otherwise those put a nice dent in average share price.
OK - What I was hopin would happen is a gap fill on BBOX which we got. That filled me what I wanted and allowed me to buy back my covered calls at a 18% gain. So I'm now sitting in shares only and if we approach $2.50 I sell coveredf calls again on 25% of a much larger holding. Remember - my goal is to end up with half of my core holding net free. The volitilaty on these kind of stocks are a dream for reducing holding price over a short period of time while it is trying to figure out major support.
IrishTxAggie
AG
I've mentioned this one awhile back and I'll throw it out there for y'all to consider. MoSys ($MOSY). Their earnings are expected on the 17th and last time they reported earnings, the stock soared before coming back down. Could be a decent quick flip on earnings for those interested.
SnowboardAg
AG
oldarmy1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

OK - What I was hopin would happen is a gap fill on BBOX which we got. That filled me what I wanted and allowed me to buy back my covered calls at a 18% gain. So I'm now sitting in shares only and if we approach $2.50 I sell coveredf calls again on 25% of a much larger holding. Remember - my goal is to end up with half of my core holding net free. The volitilaty on these kind of stocks are a dream for reducing holding price over a short period of time while it is trying to figure out major support.
Very smart - I never thought about using this type of strategy with the calls of getting the fill price I want. Thanks for sharing your knowledge. So I followed the same, entered at 2.24, but sold the 2.5 calls at .60. Will look at buying back as the price decreases again (sell high buy low). Thanks for sharing!
SnowboardAg
AG
$TWTR going for a gap fill on daily. Next support 41.70
oldarmy1
AG
SnowboardAg said:

Grab the $40 Put if you want to limit exposure. I don't know where anyones holdings are at so how you would trade it versus me at a net free holding could be worlds apart.

After such a crazy ride upward seeing it fill that 2nd gap all the way to mid $37's wouldn't be out of possibility. That would be a 50% retracement from initial breakout to highs.
Ragoo
AG
oldarmy1 said:

SnowboardAg said:

Grab the $40 Put if you want to limit exposure. I don't know where anyones holdings are at so how you would trade it versus me at a net free holding could be worlds apart.

After such a crazy ride upward seeing it fill that 2nd gap all the way to mid $37's wouldn't be out of possibility. That would be a 50% retracement from initial breakout to highs.
holding and selling covered calls
IrishTxAggie
AG
I sold at $38 awhile back... Looks like I might be getting back in soon.
Ranger222
AG
Yes waiting on TWTR now to pullback to 37. Will be a buying opportunity like Facebook was.
IrishTxAggie
AG
AVEO received positive advice on first-line treatment with FOTIVDA in Scotland. Small market, but should offer more support for US FDA. In the overall study population median progression-free survival (PFS) was 11.9 months.
First Page Last Page
Page 156 of 6379

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.