Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,094,122 Views | 224511 Replies | Last: 6 sec ago by Chef Elko
leoj
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wish my shares had got called at the 46.5 strike now. Not even sure how they didn't .
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
leoj said:

Wish my shares had got called at the 46.5 strike now. Not even sure how they didn't .

Most options, even in the money, won't be exercised until expiration (pending things like earnings or dividends playing a role), right? I may be misunderstanding you though.
leoj
AG
Sorry yeah it was 7/6 expiration and I thought it closed over 46.5
IrishTxAggie
AG
A little more on AVEO for those interested.
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4186118-aveo-loses-novartis-partnership-main-pipeline-asset-remains-track-data-release

It lost a partnership with Novartis, but it was actually a good thing.
what say you
Irish & OA1,

What is your strategy on AVEO? We are on the brink of that $2.50 mark. There is alot of volume today. Is now the time to hold and wait for more news or sell and hope for another purchasing opportunity? TIA
tailgatetimer10
AG
I have to laugh because this thing popped to 2.55 right after this post
IrishTxAggie
AG
Phase 3 data is expected to be reported in Q3. I'm holding and will not be doIng any more flipping with it.
oldarmy1
AG
what say you said:

Irish & OA1,

What is your strategy on AVEO? We are on the brink of that $2.50 mark. There is alot of volume today. Is now the time to hold and wait for more news or sell and hope for another purchasing opportunity? TIA
I've been working it to a net free which is now completed, so I'm off of looking at short term moves. But based on the pure volume signals AVEO looks to be a stock with a firm bottom looking to reverse trend and head back upward. You had a gap created by the opening but that gap filled exactly at $2.43. That tells me big money is wanting to squeeze shorts.
oldarmy1
AG
FYI - Taking a bunch of big premium payout options off the table. This is the luxury of catching the wave BEFORE the wave is pushing the surfer. This doesn't mean the wave is over and shorts are clearly getting the squeeze today. Once that action subsides we could have a pullback (not reversal) day or two before any continuation.

I don't care one way or the other right now because nearly every strategy paid off.
oldarmy1
AG
Markets up over 300 I post selling and it drops to 272 in less than 3 minutes. If I'm cursed with this blessing please dear Lord keep it going!
IrishTxAggie
AG
$2.63 on AVEO...
oldarmy1
AG
Anyone interested in education on credit spreads these guys do a decent job explaining the approach. Good steady stream opportunity. Free seminar.

https://learn.optionsanimal.com/lp/fba-ivolatility-simple-credit-spreads/?utm_campaign=FBA-2018-07-08-ivolatility-credit-spreads&utm_source=email&utm_content=fba-ivolatility-credit-spreads
Pignorant
AG
Major buy volume coming in on TWTR?
Ragoo
AG
Basic credit spread, sell a put and sell a call at the same strike collecting two premiums and expanding your break even range.

You can also buy way out puts and calls to cover and limit your risk.

Selling a put and a call requires twice the buying power and your broker has to approve you for the infinite risk on the call sale but it is probably the best option strategy out there.
leoj
AG
CFO clarified that the account deletion numbers are not impacting the numbers they report as they are either inactive accounts or caught upon creation.
leoj
AG
Crazy twitter volumes today. I think about 10 mil shares just in the past 10 minutes.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
Ragoo said:

Basic credit spread, sell a put and sell a call at the same strike collecting two premiums and expanding your break even range.

Selling a put and a call requires twice the buying power and your broker has to approve you for the infinite risk on the call sale but it is probably the best option strategy out there.

I've always seen credit spreads explained as simply buying 2 different types of the same option with the short one being the nearer to ITM, so you cap your risk with the long option and make your premium from the short option.

I've always heard straddles explained as same strike with a Put/Call.

Is that wrong?

I enjoy reading all the strategies on this board - you guys do a good job.
oldarmy1
AG
Ragoo said:

Exactly. So if any of you are continuing to pursue education then this strategy is a great low risk one to add into your arsenal. I don't even speak much to all of the other investments and strategies on this forum. We have enough going on . Ha
oldarmy1
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

I have to laugh because this thing popped to 2.55 right after this post
So you're saying the right decision was not to sell it?
Ragoo
AG
You are right. Tasty trade calls them "vertical" instead of spread.
what say you
Glad I held...
oldarmy1
AG
SPX 2786 resistance previous tops getting approached. Break and move upward?
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

In the "can't getbin them all" category I give you TER. I was so close to accumulating shares under $20 a while back.

With that move options still likely a decent opportunity.
Closed out TER options as it approached filling the gap all the way back to April
gougler08
AG
AVEO up 17% today
IrishTxAggie
AG
AVEO closed at $2.83. I'll take a 17.5% day anytime.

I'd personally expect a retrace down to the high 2.60s tomorrow barring any major news (buyout, partnership, P3 readout, etc.). AVEO will eventually need more cash, so keep that in mind if you decide to take a position. Again, this isn't a stock I'm playing with anymore. It is a long hold for me.
tailgatetimer10
AG
gougler08 said:

AVEO up 17% today
yeah I sold about 30%+ of my position...
what say you
What do you define as long hold?
IrishTxAggie
AG
what say you said:

What do you define as long hold?
I've held a position in AVEO for well over a year now and have no intentions of selling any in the near future.
pacecar02
Today was a good day!
no sig
Ignatius_of_Silesia
I don't do any option trading but I do some short term stock trades for fun and profit. I have to say this thread has made me some cash. Thanks to all that give heads up on some stocks that like to move.
oldarmy1
AG
Futures green ahead of SC nomination.
oldarmy1
AG
Futures doubled on Kavanaugh nomination.
gougler08
AG
Maybe TWTR will bounce back today and AVEO can just keep on trucking up
Rice and Fries
Oil gonna run today.
gougler08
AG
Putting a stop loss in now on AVEO for my shares...can't turn down a 25%+ profit and will buy back in if it goes back down to that $2.20 range
First Page Last Page
Page 157 of 6415

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.