Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,025,594 Views | 224232 Replies | Last: 5 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
VIX bounced off previous bottoming area of wave tops. If markets push on further into the upper channel then VIX will trend to find a new level. Just something to keep your eye on because the wave needs to push through (and appears to be doing so) or else a quick retreat will occur in markets.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Looks like BBOX is trying to get back into your $1.5-1.75 range.
oldarmy1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Sitting at the ask on $2.50 Puts
oldarmy1
AG
GE reverse head and shoulders and trying to breakout.

Already pointed out the crystal clear double bottom from March and June. Volume flooded in so unless a catastrophic event occurs GE has seen its lows and will now reverse trend upward.
Talon2DSO
AG
oldarmy1 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

I have no idea what this means
"Life's tough, but I'm tougher."
ryanhnc10
AG
Check out BLIN - insane action today
IrishTxAggie
AG
oldarmy1 said:

GE reverse head and shoulders and trying to breakout.

Already pointed out the crystal clear double bottom from March and June. Volume flooded in so unless a catastrophic event occurs GE has seen its lows and will now reverse trend upward.
Until they cut the dividend again. Shedding and concentrating should help them in the long run, but I still don't trust management there.
oldarmy1
AG
Talon2DSO said:

oldarmy1 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

I have no idea what this means
Writing a $2.50 Put option out to August 20 for $1 means that whoever buys that pays me $1/share for the right to sell it to me for $2.50. It makes my net price $1.50 if I have to buy the shares for $2.50 OR if the shares are trading close or above $2.50 they won't trigger the option and I will have made $1/share.

leoj
AG
Oa, you check out sfix today?
oldarmy1
AG
leoj said:

Oa, you check out sfix today?
Missed it.

VIX has gone green. Mid channel bounced off.
IrishTxAggie
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

AVEO closed at $2.83. I'll take a 17.5% day anytime.

I'd personally expect a retrace down to the high 2.60s tomorrow barring any major news (buyout, partnership, P3 readout, etc.). AVEO will eventually need more cash, so keep that in mind if you decide to take a position. Again, this isn't a stock I'm playing with anymore. It is a long hold for me.
I was close. AVEO touched the mid-low 2.60s this morning and has climbed back up near the $2.80. That could very well have been the last chance to get it in the $2.6s. Afternoon volume should keep this in the $2.80-$2.90 close. $3 by the end of the week isn't out of the question here.
Ranger222
AG
wouldn't be surprised to see the market pull back a bit and take a breather before powering through 2800 with force late this week/early next week. The S&P has run almost 100 points. QQQ names also at resistance. IWM is pulling back a bit today and they have been leading this whole time. Think the rest of the market follows.
leoj
AG
I just realized I said sfix but your wife's stock is Etsy. I'm losing it.
Bonfire1996
AG
Shout out to this community. A few months ago, someone mentioned the memory companies were selling any and all excess RAM to cloud companies and server farms. That they could sell more if they could make more.

JP Morgan had an analyst note on MU today that stated exactly that.

Still trading in the 5x-6x PE range and the company plans to buy back 1/6 of the outstanding shares in 2019. That puts a forward PE ratio in the 4x range.

Get it.
leoj
AG
Yep. MU and LRCX are still undervalued
IrishTxAggie
AG
AIMT is another biopharma company that I have taken an interest in. Working on food allergies. Pretty solid results with peanuts so far. Major buyout candidate I believe. Been in somewhat of a stagnant position lately, but is do for a breakout. Recently appointed a new CEO that was the CCO for Ultragenyx after a previous planned retirement of the prior CEO. Nestle has a large position in this company as well.
oldarmy1
AG
leoj said:

I just realized I said sfix but your wife's stock is Etsy. I'm losing it.
That is a sore subject!

She sold it all at $45. Asked me late in the day when it had hit above there and retreated if that looked like a double top back to June 21st and I said probably. She killed with that stupid stock.
oldarmy1
AG
BBOX found some support. You will/should note that before its dramatic drop it had major support just above $1.85 and one should be expecting that to reform on the heels of the news. So far it bounced off that and is back to $2.
oldarmy1
AG
Selling all remaining GILD from the "screaming buy" when it was at $70.50 right now. When I say selling all I mean trading shares and even that is a combination of in the money covered calls and straight selling it. Great move!
oldarmy1
AG
Not a believer in the Financial sector still. Want to see some breaking of this downtrend, 1 day explosion - 2nd day failure to continue and go negative back to wave down. Look at BAC, JPM for examples. Identical wave moves third time.

Here's JPM chart - What do you see? This is a test. Something important right now is in play.

oldarmy1
AG
AMC reverse head and shoulders approaching breakout. Ant Man and summer movie attendance must be drawing traffic.
WestTexAg12
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Not a believer in the Financial sector still. Want to see some breaking of this downtrend, 1 day explosion - 2nd day failure to continue and go negative back to wave down. Look at BAC, JPM for examples. Identical wave moves third time.

Here's JPM chart - What do you see? This is a test. Something important right now is in play.

Lower highs, lower lows, downtrend. Could possibly result in a reversal?
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
Dobre casy
AG
Possibly some exhaustion on the last explosion up? Will be interesting to see the next few days if it holds the green support line, or breaks below to continue the downtrend.
59 South
AG
There's a gap to fill at $104.50 that it would need to bounce off of before confirmed trend reversal?

Also, no buy volume seen yet. Big volume after gap fill would confirm a clear reversal.
leoj
AG
Another 200b in tariffs coming very soon. I'm down almost 1% my whole portfolio after hours.
oldarmy1
AG
Well on the JPM chart note the major support green horizontal line. JPM broke through that and hit new lows but reversed back above it. Still that action combined with the lower low wave tops is a signal to a number of professional traders I know. There's nowhere else to go for a wave down because that would be a full blown confirmation of lost support and JPM would be mid $90's pronto.

This is one of many things all eyes should be on in terms of macro moves. DO NOT get caught in a downdraft heavily trading the bullish side. JPM chart is a warning signal needing confirmation.
pacecar02
So either it falls to lower support levels or you look for volume and chart patterns to indicate a reversal?

What we know now is wait for it to take a direction?

I also see highest volume being selling candles with no reciprocal buying candles in terms of matching volume.
oldarmy1
AG
Correct sir
leoj
AG
Not even going to look at my portfolio today
tailgatetimer10
AG
If you own a bunch of AVEO it won't be so bad. It's still running
oldarmy1
AG
Think we talked FTK before but can't find it. What does anyone know of them?
leoj
AG
Ha. I do not unfortunately.
IrishTxAggie
AG
leoj said:

Ha. I do not unfortunately.

Not too late
oldarmy1
AG
FDC options out to August $23 strike
oldarmy1
AG
V

VISA breaking out
First Page Last Page
Page 158 of 6407

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.