Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,109,837 Views | 224618 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Heineken-Ashi
Touchless
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have to admit, we've seen a lot of companies report revenue beats (and some pretty decently), yet the vast majority have missed earnings. Given the current environment, I would expect these companies to better manage their expenses. Every dollar our companies are spending right now are being reviewed.

If you're able to beat revenue so easily, your earnings shouldn't miss that badly. Feel like that just shows they're not managing opex very well. Only real explanation in my opinion is they are selling everything at a discount to keep money coming in, but the margin is just too compressed.
YNWA_AG
AG
ATVI should have been easy play with them dropping free to play warzone perfectly timed with corona. Can't believed I missed that in March and April. Blew out earnings today and raised guidance for FY20
AggiePeeps06
AG
DIS and BYND both coming back down a bit
Grown Pear
AG
Touchless said:

I have to admit, we've seen a lot of companies report revenue beats (and some pretty decently), yet the vast majority have missed earnings. Given the current environment, I would expect these companies to better manage their expenses. Every dollar our companies are spending right now are being reviewed.

If you're able to beat revenue so easily, your earnings shouldn't miss that badly. Feel like that just shows they're not managing opex very well. Only real explanation in my opinion is they are selling everything at a discount to keep money coming in, but the margin is just too compressed.
I agree to an extent but there's a lot of overhead and fixed expenses that either can't be reduced, are naturally delayed being reduced as revenue declines, or can't reduce along the same margin as revenue. Q2 will be significantly worse than Q1 due to the "shut down".
george1992
EngrAg14 said:

TheBiggerEvent said:

why is it going up??

We've found the new TSLA folks!
No. They actually sell that fake meat. TSLA doesn't sell anywhere the amount of cars to justify its valuation.
Carlo4
AG
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/as-british-car-sales-collapse-tesla-model-3-becomes-top-selling-uk-vehicle-for-april-2020-05-05?mod=mw_quote_news

Marketwatch article - Tesla Model 3 top selling vehicle in UK for april.
Details - 658 of 4321 vehicles sold in April were Tesla.

Only 4,321 vehicles sold in the UK. Down 97% from previous year.

Article also compares VW. March sales of the Golf at 7,103. April ALL VEHICLE VW SALES at 210.
drill4oil78
AG
leoj said:

We are still in a bear market. SPX isn't anywhere close to reclaiming the 200d yet.
Caught between the 200dMA and 200wkMA. if it ever breaks the 200wkMA that will signal a retest of lows. Still looks like a bull rally in a bear market to me. Nasdaq is only market that shows it is still in a secular bull run but it is getting thin. Nasdaq and Nasdaq 100 have really never broken 200wkMA and bounced off 200wkMA and has significant relative strength, but it also has been lagging lately.
TxAG#2011
DIS really starting to tank
BearkatRunner88
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

AgShaun00 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

DIS **** the bed

i think oa puts will be a homerun.

maybe not.... actually going up AH now.

5/8 put at $95. Let's go
same...
AgShaun00
AG
dis, go low as you can go.

Go LOW!!!!!!!!!! Daddy needs some new golf clubs
Pignorant
AG
Wow, hope y'all held onto your LPSN calls. Up $3 AH.

Sold mine earlier.
leoj
AG
BrokeAssAggie
AgShaun00 said:

I want a new gun
ProgN
Anyone here "Khein" on twitter?
McInnis 03
AG
TxAG#2011 said:

I want to know how they opened the conference call? "Hello, just let me get this out first, a colony of Murder Hornets have taken up residence in Cinderella's castle."
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
ProgN
AgShaun00 said:

It gets near that gap at 90, I'm buying.
AgShaun00
AG
Pignorant said:

Wow, hope y'all held onto your LPSN calls. Up $3 AH.

Sold mine earlier.
i kept half
McInnis 03
AG

That may preserve stock value.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG

And now we KNOW it'll preserve stock value #KOD

B&I Key:
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
UpstateAg said:

Someone bought a ton of Oracle WAY OTM 57C for 5/15. 5700 at 13 cents.
clock's starting to tick on these...starting to lose faith, which probably means it's time to double up
leoj
AG
McInnis 03 said:

leoj said:

McInnis 03 said:

BA 120p for Friday just got lit up for $260K. If I'm following davey day trader into this, I"m gonna be PISSSSSSSSSSED.
I just need funds to settle tomorrow and I will be entering. HP chart play.
Have you been with HP long? Are you pleased with the product?

Yes and yes. Premium is worth it, he will give charts on any request. Really great to use his setups for trigger alerts. Also he will call out some setups in the main channel I would never have even heard of and has very accurate short term index signals. It's paid for itself not only in profits but preventing losses for me.
george1992
Uneeda change your username for at least 6 months.
AgEng06
AG
BearkatRunner88 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

AgShaun00 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

DIS **** the bed

i think oa puts will be a homerun.

maybe not.... actually going up AH now.

5/8 put at $95. Let's go
same...
I sold mine when they finally came back in the green during the afternoon sell off. Wish I had held them, but was worried DIS would find a way to go up regardless of earnings.
BearkatRunner88
AG
Was in the same position and almost made the exact same move.
TChaney
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
there's been good volume the last 2 days on the 56.5 calls too so hopefully something's up
Exsurge Domine
Pinterest taking it in the demon hole
Carlo4
AG
Very quietly, Wayfair has gone from $21 to $181 in about 5 weeks
Brewmaster
AG
McInnis 03 said:

TxAG#2011 said:

I want to know how they opened the conference call? "Hello, just let me get this out first, a colony of Murder Hornets have taken up residence in Cinderella's castle."
exactly
TChaney
Exsurge Domine
Mercado Libre absolute rocketblaster up $98 after hours.
12thMan86
AG
Need DIS to close around 95 by Friday. Bought 10 x 92/95/98 butterflies that have already doubled. Paid a whopping 25 bucks per contract. Max profit $275 per. If I can get 175 per I'd be happy. Break even is below 98.25 or above 92.25
pfo
AG
Disney is in the perfect storm of bad places to be during the Coronavirus shutdown.... theme parks, hotels, movies, cruise lines, cord cutting and ESPN with zero live sports.

Disney needs to quickly get into oil and gas and airlines to have a presence in every single disastrous industry.
McInnis 03
AG
pfo said:

Disney is in the perfect storm of bad places to be during the Coronavirus shutdown.... theme parks, hotels, movies, cruise lines, cord cutting and ESPN with zero live sports.

Disney needs to quickly get into oil and gas and airlines to have a presence in every single disastrous industry.

And when they reopen parks with 25% capacity those people will pay 4x to get the best freaking experience ever. No crowds, no lines, unlimited access to everything.

B&I Key:
khaos288
AG
McInnis 03 said:

pfo said:

And when they reopen parks with 25% capacity those people will pay 4x to get the best freaking experience ever. No crowds, no lines, unlimited access to everything.

I totally agree that's what will happen, and what if the business model changes for Disney parks? Less busy, more boutique. Less maintenance costs, and clean up and what not. Might even make them more money...
First Page Last Page
Page 1465 of 6418

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.