Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,099,222 Views | 224561 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by ProgN
Carlo4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
khaos288 said:

McInnis 03 said:

pfo said:

Disney is in the perfect storm of bad places to be during the Coronavirus shutdown.... theme parks, hotels, movies, cruise lines, cord cutting and ESPN with zero live sports.

Disney needs to quickly get into oil and gas and airlines to have a presence in every single disastrous industry.

And when they reopen parks with 25% capacity those people will pay 4x to get the best freaking experience ever. No crowds, no lines, unlimited access to everything.

I totally agree that's what will happen, and what if the business model changes for Disney parks? Less busy, more boutique. Less maintenance costs, and clean up and what not. Might even make them more money...

Meanwhile at Disney Corporate...

AGSmith
AG
khaos288 said:

McInnis 03 said:

pfo said:

Disney is in the perfect storm of bad places to be during the Coronavirus shutdown.... theme parks, hotels, movies, cruise lines, cord cutting and ESPN with zero live sports.

Disney needs to quickly get into oil and gas and airlines to have a presence in every single disastrous industry.

And when they reopen parks with 25% capacity those people will pay 4x to get the best freaking experience ever. No crowds, no lines, unlimited access to everything.

I totally agree that's what will happen, and what if the business model changes for Disney parks? Less busy, more boutique. Less maintenance costs, and clean up and what not. Might even make them more money.
I have a friend that's a Disney travel agent. She posted at the end of last week that 50% capacity would likely be the first reopening threshold imposed in Florida
gig em 02
AGSmith said:

khaos288 said:

McInnis 03 said:

pfo said:

I totally agree that's what will happen, and what if the business model changes for Disney parks? Less busy, more boutique. Less maintenance costs, and clean up and what not. Might even make them more money.
I have a friend that's a Disney travel agent. She posted at the end of last week that 50% capacity would likely be the first reopening threshold imposed in Florida

If 50% includes staff there will be a lot of stuff that is shut down to make sure there is capacity for guests.
AGSmith
AG
BREwmaster said:

Fedup said:

AGSmith said:

PTON is up about 6% today (to just shy of $36) ahead of its earnings announcement tomorrow after the close. Does anyone have any input on how to play it between now and the announcement?
Pton is a crock longer term. Once people figure out their $8-9000 in 10 years could've been spent on something That doesn't Depreciate, no one will buy one.
Yeah as a cyclist and a Zwift user I'm not a fan either (of an overpriced stand alone unit with an ipad glued to it).

Look up the implied volatility on it, currently mid 90's (that's high). This means there's a good chance MM's drop it downward and hold it there through Friday (options expire).

Sell all and buy the dip after earnings if you want to play it again. You might get lucky and get an initial rip upward right at the start of the earnings call (to sell into). It will probably be very short lived though.

I don't have after hours trading enabled (its on the to do list in the morning). Where should I set my trailing stop-loss percentage order (or is that all up to me)? My current CB is $28 (trading at 36.73 after hours, earnings tomorrow). Should I buy a call to let me get back in?

I'm sorry to be difficult, but I'm just getting into option trading.
Ragoo
AG
McInnis 03 said:

pfo said:

we rebook for later this summer with cheaper flights and the same ticket price.
ProgN
Morning

Anyone going to dance with the devil this morning?

CLSK
98PercenterAg
AG
That's the plan every day! Got to wake up and bet the farm
IrishTxAggie
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

I'm on 100C.
Tis a good morning... Cost is $6.50 on these BYND $100C weeklies. Should open around $13.5 or higher if these prices hold
TChaney
Exsurge Domine
IrishTxAggie said:

IrishTxAggie said:

I'm on 100C.
Tis a good morning... Cost is $6.50 on these BYND $100C weeklies. Should open around $13.5 or higher if these prices hold

Same here I'm $19 on my $9's
oldarmy1
AG
My lone bullish trade posted LPSN is up over $4 This morning. Do I even need to tell you to sell the calls at the open? Mega grand slam
IrishTxAggie
AG

IrishTxAggie
AG

J_Landes89
AG
Selling LADR position at $5.50 and not buying back in is burning my pockets
fightintxag13
AG
Freaking mouse is going to open about where it closed at yesterday. $95 weekly puts won't be worth much at open.
stxag8
AG
DIS climbing
BrokeAssAggie
fightintxag13 said:

Freaking mouse is going to open about where it closed at yesterday. $95 weekly puts won't be worth much at open.

We still got 3 days of trading to get to $95...
TXAG14
AgShaun00 said:

dis, go low as you can go.

Go LOW!!!!!!!!!! Daddy needs some new golf clubs

eBay has some good used clubs.
Nagler
AG
NIO up.
AgShaun00
AG
TXAG14 said:

AgShaun00 said:

dis, go low as you can go.

Go LOW!!!!!!!!!! Daddy needs some new golf clubs

eBay has some good used clubs.
no crap and i have ebay calls that look flat.

At least BABA, SPCE, and LPSN look good to make up for that.
tam2002
AG
was hoping to get in on Disney today but I suppose ill continue to wait
12thMan86
AG
Nagler said:

NIO up.
NIO +5% on 180.7% growth in April delivery
May 6, 2020 6:12 AM ET|About: NIO Limited (NIO)|By: Niloofer Shaikh, SA News Editor [url=https://seekingalpha.com/news/3569827-nioplus-5-on-180_7-growth-in-april-delivery#][/url]
NIO (NYSE:NIO) delivered 3,155 vehicles in April 2020, +105.8% sequentially and +180.7% Y/Y.
Steven Feng, chief financial officer of NIO, added, "As we continue to expand our sales network through the launch of more efficient NIO Spaces, we now have 105 points of sales in operation in China, promoting our brand and products to a growing number of regions and communities. Additionally, with the positive order and delivery momentum, we remain committed to further improving our gross margin and operational efficiency."
NIO +4.57% premarket.

Exsurge Domine
12thMan86 said:

Nagler said:

NIO up.
NIO +5% on 180.7% growth in April delivery
May 6, 2020 6:12 AM ET|About: NIO Limited (NIO)|By: Niloofer Shaikh, SA News Editor [url=https://seekingalpha.com/news/3569827-nioplus-5-on-180_7-growth-in-april-delivery#][/url]
NIO (NYSE:NIO) delivered 3,155 vehicles in April 2020, +105.8% sequentially and +180.7% Y/Y.
Steven Feng, chief financial officer of NIO, added, "As we continue to expand our sales network through the launch of more efficient NIO Spaces, we now have 105 points of sales in operation in China, promoting our brand and products to a growing number of regions and communities. Additionally, with the positive order and delivery momentum, we remain committed to further improving our gross margin and operational efficiency."
NIO +4.57% premarket.

I need a miracle on that have some 5/15 5c
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Buying some LPSN May 15 $25 calls as my hedge against all the Puts out there.
If you did this with me then pop a cork.

I shorted 50% of calls at $27.70-$27.85 to lock in guaranteed $2.76 average per share profit against the $25 calls. It could make a larger run so do with it as you will.
AgShaun00
AG
Selling at open?

SDC up

TheBiggerEvent
AG
So much for DIS opening up below 97
12thMan86
AG
TheBiggerEvent said:

yep just crazy. CNBC analyst was just saying it should be opening 10 bucks lower. I have several 95 butterfly's that expire Friday. Low cost, high reward, but not looking good at the moment.
Pignorant
AG
I sold all mine yesterday. Congrats
BrokeAssAggie
12thMan86 said:

TheBiggerEvent said:

yep just crazy. CNBC analyst was just saying it should be opening 10 bucks lower. I have several 95 butterfly's that expire Friday. Low cost, high reward, but not looking good at the moment.

Probably wishful thinking, but I still think we get there.
McInnis 03
AG
AgShaun00 said:

Selling at open?

SDC up

I'll look at puts. SDC can't hold 7 any better than I can hold burnt orange ANYTHING.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Shundere
OA, do this DIS puts, we should act fairly quick? Or wait a little to see if it drops off?
ProgN
SDC has 52% short interest.

If you get caught by a squeeze, you'll get crushed so I wouldn't go too heavy on them.
PPAag06
AG
Large short interest so be careful
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Have a limit order of DIS at 95 that it looks might not get executed. Honestly surprised.
Grown Pear
AG
Can you or Prog give a quick explanation what happens... or what you're cautioning against? Thanks!

ETA I'm holding those 6/19 $9C's
First Page Last Page
Page 1466 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.